The latest meta report on the current state of Gwent from Team Leviathan Gaming

+
Nature's Gift is definitely up there. I think it should be considered tier 1 as well.
I don't agree at all. Natures gift is easliy shut down and way too passive. Especially the devotion lists. All the opponent must do is out engine you and steal your cards or remove them. I love devotion natures gift cause having no tall removal is great.... wait... no it isn't. So yeah I think your right that its strong but no way top dog. It's easily beatable.

ya1

Forum regular
I don't agree at all. Natures gift is easliy shut down and way too passive. Especially the devotion lists. All the opponent must do is out engine you and steal your cards or remove them. I love devotion natures gift cause having no tall removal is great.... wait... no it isn't. So yeah I think your right that its strong but no way top dog. It's easily beatable.

Which is why non-devo is meta, not devo. Which brings me to the querstion, why did they put devotion Schirru there? Honestly, I haven't played it, but isn't the classic non-devo Schirru with either Skaggs or engines or all-in handbuff better? Or is it because non-devo Schirru can't win R1 for shit?

Yeah, not sure which ST leader is in the top 3.

What we know right now from CDPR is that NR's Shieldwall is #4. SK is most likely 2 of the top 3. Then, 1 spot is open...probably #3, which will be one of the SK leaders.

Not gonna lie, seeing NG in the ditch feels me with schadenfreude of the worst kind. The game is definitely better off for that, as I see much more diverse meta now that removal spam NG craze died down and we can try all sorts of things without forfeiting every second match on start.
Feels lowkey like finally getting out of abusive relationships

Shieldwall definitely has same cancerous energy about it, but at least their removal isn't as through the roof. Crazy good values, sure, but nothing a good Yrden can't handle.

All this talk about SK is really confusing, to be honest. i am pretty sure I've lost very few games to them lately, don't see what the fuss is about.
If anything, I've had much tougher time with Firesworn, they seem really strong and yet I don't see a dedicated hate thread on the forum.
Only relying on personal experience is just a very bad idea overall, I think your comment shows that perfectly :D

Team Leviathan Gaming updated the meta report today (09-26-2020).

If you click the data analysis section, it explains how SK currently has an "outrageous Pure Winrate of 63.25%." Wow, just wow!

DRK3

Forum veteran
Never would have dreamed of seeing a meme deck like Keltullis be considered tier 2... I guess its all about the meta, and when you happen to have favorable matchup vs dominant decks, anything can happen.

ya1

Forum regular
How quickly do these change?

Depends on the meta. If there are big swings like that Keltulis Ciri list that rocked the qualifiers, then they probably get a few guys to test it to see if it's worthy of a tier as wel as check the numbers or get the feel for whether old lists need new inclusions because of it. Like some lists to got to get movement or more tall removal because of that Keltulis list.

Also, I think they changed the SK list like ten times this month, switching between Morkvarg and Tyrgvii. It all depends whether there's more ST or SK seeing play.

CDPR must be a little embarrassed that SK is still the runaway faction with insane win rates, even after all the failed attempts at trying to bring them in line.

CDPR must be a little embarrassed that SK is still the runaway faction with insane win rates, even after all the failed attempts at trying to bring them in line.
Just curious do they usually buff or nerf to balance...or both.

Just curious do they usually buff or nerf to balance...or both.
I don't know what game he's been playing but there hasn't been any balancing for quite some time. They've made "changes" which doesn't necessarily equate to "balance" .

They've been trying to balance SK who they overpowered for several months now and so far failed in doing that after two patches. Instead they ended up making another overpowered faction. The last two expansions were pure buffs that just broke the game even further. It's quite obvious that they've just been throwing things on the wall and hoping something sticks. If you aren't play NR, SK or NG who can counter those two you'll have a difficult time.

Last edited:
I don't know what game he's been playing but there hasn't been any balancing for quite some time. They've made "changes" which doesn't necessarily equate to "balance" .

They've been trying to balance SK who they overpowered for several months now and so far failed in doing that after two patches. Instead they ended up making another overpowered faction. The last two expansions were pure buffs that just broke the game even further. It's quite obvious that they've just been throwing things on the wall and hoping something sticks. If you aren't play NR, SK or NG who can counter those two you'll have a difficult time.

True, CDPR failed in balancing this game with the last couple of patches.

It's strange that they just let SK be top dog for so long.

NG can counter NR, but NG dies horribly, like the rest, to SK as SK just slaughters everything with both control and points. You have to be dreaming if you think that NG has a better chance than the rest to take on SK. ST has a better chance, for sure, than NG.

NG was pretty good against SK last season, wonder if the formation nerf was enough to break the faction?

Honestly I regularly beat sheild wall and SK warriors with off meta meme decks because a lot of the folks relying on these decks to to the work for them don't have a good grasp of the fundamentals of the game. You can get them to overcommit, fall for interactions that don't make sense, they are confident enough to go a card down etc. I had a sheildwall player try to duel my defender protected by Sukros yesterday. Im in low Pro rank, you would think that they would understand why it doesn't work?

I've come around on sheildwall, I still hate the leader but after winning enough games against it I don't consider it the oppressive menace I once did.

I have been using a precision strike allgod deck and it works ok. SK is hard for real tho

ya1

Forum regular
I have been using a precision strike allgod deck and it works ok. SK is hard for real tho

Shows how broken SK is. Even with SK cards being around 5 power for real great Schirrus, it's quite hopeless because your Gord and Skaggs will get morkvaged/hjalmared/championed every time without last say. And you can't win with SK bronzes in R1 unless you trade your topends. You can only win if they make the mistake of bleeding you, which can be defended by Schirru.Or if they don't draw the Morkvark.

Top Bottom