Which character background will you choose?

+

Which character background will you choose?

• Total voters
Corpo (because Meredith), semi-stealthy netrunner. Then nomad techie. Third playthrough: street kid - full blown melee solo.

It was mentioned in this article that...

"There's also an option to choose your background: street kid, nomad, or corporate. It's not just for your head canon either. Your background opens up certain dialogue choices throughout the entire game. As a street kid, if someone's trying to scam you, you might be able to see through their bullshit having swindled plenty yourself. A character with a corporate background will have a better time navigating big business hierarchies."

Which background would you favor for your V?
I will probably go for Street kid first because that was the feeling of the first trailer, then Nomad for that Mad Max feeling and last Corpo. Love the re-playability of this game thru these choices.

Personally, I'm going with Nomad first. 2077's Night City is so different and new to what we all know, so I think it'll be fun to be new to the city as V, too. They're as new to the city as we, the player, are. I like the idea of smuggling something through the border checkpoint and heading into the city, learning about it, how it works, etc. Learning everything alongside V. That way when I go through another lifepath, like Street Kid and Corpo, I'll have that insider knowledge that those versions of V will have.

Personally, I'm going with Nomad first. 2077's Night City is so different and new to what we all know, so I think it'll be fun to be new to the city as V, too. They're as new to the city as we, the player, are. I like the idea of smuggling something through the border checkpoint and heading into the city, learning about it, how it works, etc. Learning everything alongside V. That way when I go through another lifepath, like Street Kid and Corpo, I'll have that insider knowledge that those versions of V will have.

After the LP there is a 6 month time jump. So actually you are not learning about the city the same time as V as V has a 6 month head start on you.....

I did decide on nomad earlier.. But starting to lean towards corpo now. I think Ill get better replayability that way, and see more from an angle I havnt seen the game/lore/universe from yet.

In a game in which the main story will probably take place over the course of a few months, 6 months comparatively is a long time.
I feel like this is useless nitpicking. The point is, Nomad V is the newest to the city of the three options and is the closest to being as new as us, the player.

I'm partial to "playing myself" on a first run of a game that allows a degree of Role Play and customization. I'm a burly punk that loves messing with tech. My MFA also translates well into Intelligence and being a Corpo. You live your life as part of the system in society. Corpo matches that. I mean, it was a close tie between Corp and Street (don't ask), but Corpo it was...also, it seems like it'll be a bit more interesting and dynamic. I'll be spending more of my time on the street so it'll be more immersive on a first playthrough if I don't automatically know a bunch of stuff about the game. A sheltered corporate stooge that get's thrust into the wild city streets. Works out nicely.

ajje

Forum regular
Corpo of course. Unless you are a L2 or lower mgr, you can only fail upwards in real corporations. So if this is modeled somewhat on how real corpos work, I expect I'll be a CEO or chairman of another corpo in no time, and then Night City is mine ;p

Will be playing as a nomad first. Not too acquainted with the city, just like me. Then I'll play as a corpo. My third playthrough will be as a street kid since starting off as a carjacker was my least favorite prologue.

I was going to pick Street Kid first(because I'm cliché and couldn't help myself) but after a few months, I'm leaning so much harder towards Nomad. I have a whole list for my playthroughs(just like DA) for what I'm playing as and who. Corpo is unfortunately down a long line.

Corpo becuase I love the idea of V hating Arasaka for ruining their life (in the prologue) which is a different but aligning angle of Johnny's story. Also the phoenix-rising perspective.

Nomad V is the newest to the city of the three options and is the closest to being as new as us, the player.

Yeah, that's my train of thought for going Nomad for 1st playthrough. I'll discover NC just as my Nomad is. Might even help with the roleplay. It just fits well for me, especially since I never played the p&p.

Also it allows me to get used to gameplay mechanics before entering NC and increases the anticipation of doing so at the same time. Hopefully.
Post automatically merged:

Will be playing as a nomad first. Not too acquainted with the city, just like me. Then I'll play as a corpo. My third playthrough will be as a street kid since starting off as a carjacker was my least favorite prologue.

Same order for me too :)

Nomad, male. No nonsense, straight forward type. More honest than most and loyal to his chosen family. Tinkering, modding. Likes loud guns and the direct approach.

Corpo, male. Cunning above all things. Doesn't trust anyone but doesn't just go around being an ass for the sake of it. Likes revenge unless it's counterproductive. Restrained weapon use if possible.

Streetkid, female. Chaotic and unpredictable but believes in having/needing a few close friends for mutual protection and safety. Hard to win over but steadfast when you do. Likes revenge even if it is counter-productive. Mixture of any outstanding gameplay styles I haven't tried yet. Or maybe a 'best of 'compilation if I've experienced most of it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom