[poll] all cp2077 romance options revealed. do you like any of them?

+

do you find any of the revealed characters attractive?

• Total voters
I'm poly so can I date all of the ladies at once?

That's actually an interesting point because, depending on the personality of the npc in question, I always feel there should be some kind of knock-on effect from dating everyone. More work for the team but I think it helps make it seem less 'gamey'.

Last edited:
The thread is absolutely clear. The word "attractive" being used. Not the word " stunning ". There is a big difference between these two words. I get it, you wanted phenomenal stunning girls apparently. But still, regardless of that dream, are you really going to tell me that you can't find any girl attractive in these trailers ? ( numerous have been shown ) That you still can't be satisfied with one of them ? That they are all ugly regardless of tastes ? If yes, in this case, I do wonder how people can look IRL to be so superficial and difficult, even for a video game, yes. They must look very good and only date the best of high quality women / men then.

English isn't my native language, but to me "attractive" means people you can be attracted to because of how they look.
And outside of the 2013 trailer I didn't see one. I won't be attracted to any of them because of how they look like.

Besides, you seems to have only two category of appearance: attractive or ugly.
That's not my case as I have a third one: normal/plain. That's were most peoples are and that's where I put C2077 women.

Some like Judy, the nomad girl, and the girl in my avatar are even prettier than your average girl. You don't know them yet, and you have seen them only a few seconds, so I could understand some skepticism but come on, you can't be serious about not finding one girl attractive even if you don't care about fashion. As far as I am concerned Meredith is the girl that got my interest, she isn't stunning to me ( Judy is prettier than her ), but I would lie for example if I stated she wasn't attactive. And yet she seems to be the most interesting so far to me, so obviously it's the first gal I'll try.

As I said I think that finding a video game character genuinely charming to be weird to say the least.

Second, I would state, that the first important goal in a story is to create interesting characters, with an interesting design following what they are meant to be. Only after you choose who could be a good potential for romance so that you can tell a good story, have a good dynamic and see a relevant relationship in that new area. The romances are just a nice addition.

Yes, but unless at least one character is made attractive to the player, player will just skip it.

I'd be personally disappointed if we had flawless Ken and barbies totally bland in the game for example. Anyway pretty sure we'll have them, they didn't show all casual encounters, only main romances. We'll just have to wait and see I guess.

We already even sawed strippers, so I really doubt that.
Besides, "flawless Ken and barbies" are supposed to be common in a world were peoples easily tune up their body (not even speaking of naturally advantaged people, as nature set diversity from one extreme to the other).

As I said I think that finding a video game character genuinely charming to be weird to say the least.

Then you seemingly feel the gaming world is full of weirdos then. Mass Effect, Dragon Age and Persona, to name but three, are prime examples of games with characters people find charming. Possibly your interpretation of the word charming is different to mine, in which case this discussion is redundant.

I'm also curious as to whether your belief extends to other fictitious characters?

Do you find books, anime, TV or movies to ever have charming characters? Millions upon millions do. Yet more weirdos?

If you do find characters from other media charming, then I can only assume it's the writing that is stopping you from feeling the same way about vidya.

If that is the case then good writing is all that's needed to remedy the situation :)

People being 'weird' doesn't even enter into it, imho.

Last edited:

Video games aren't different from any other media ( books and movies ), as it simulates human emotions, interactions and dynamics, provoking natural and human reactions from the player, angryness, sadness, joy, sympathy, empathy, antipathy, love or hatred, etc..

You appreciating or disliking a character isn't any different from finding it charming. Hating on the fictional king Joffrey in game of Throne or Cersei for example isn't any more reasonable than finding charming the character of Jon Snow, Danaerys or Sansa whether with the book or the serie TV. They have their own personality, can act in a way that can please you a lot, like it would in real life with real persons. Again these stories are made to simulate human interactions / dynamics and make them as real and vivid as possible to the imagination. The more you appreciate the writting, the more you'll be emotionally and naturally invested into a character, that may influence your thoughts.

Why did you want a stunning female character by the way and why can't you be bothered with what you call " plain / normal " girls ? Precisely because you want to bang a stunning girl with an awesome physical appearance that makes you feel something. That would make you much more excited to sexually interact with than you currently are with what we got, while it's just a video game. I'm curious to know if you don't find it weird too.

You can be visually excited by a sex scene in a media because precisely it simulates a sex scene ( you can be even excited with just lines in a book with just your imagination, the example of 5O shades of grey comes to my mind, one of the most popular erotic books ) , as much as someone might be more interested by a romancable character that didn't catch his eyes first after learning more about her.

As an example, there was a character in dragon age, called Solas, a lot of female gamers laughed / about him prior to the release. I remember very well. Because he was " bald ", a lot complained about attractiveness. After the game was released, it's like things totally changed. He has now many many fanatic fangirls, even more than Cullen who is yet conventionally attractive, the pretty boy, and among these female players, a lot of the same who complained about him. They changed their mind because they were emotionally invested thanks to a lot more factors than just his physical appearance.

Like in real life, you can find a character prettier or the opposite, by learning and interacting more with him - similar to what is simulated in a movie, book or video game, based on human interactions -, different factors playing a role. How many girls have suddenly stopped caring about a guy because he was not interesting, while she was initially attracted to him, or finally fell in love with the guy they weren't into first. A lot from my experience. There could be totally the same dynamics with fictional characters. It isn't weird in the slightest to me.

Last edited:
There is nothing less cyberpunk than romance tbh...

Not really.

Case had an affair with Molly in Neuromancer.
Robocop Alex Murphy was a married man.
Alitas romance with Hugo was very important in Battle Angel Alita (the manga and also present in the movie.)
Neo and Trinity.

Even in the 2020 source material you got Johnny and Alt, whose love will probably a very big part of 2077 storyline. What happened to Alt is most likely the main reason why Johnny hates Arasaka so much.

IDK. I'm avoiding too many spoilers, but I think a few characters are likable enough. I wish there were more cool male romance options since the speculated ones aren't that great IMO. Slimebag and a cop (aka: another slimebag)... nah thanks.

Not me. I agree with him but I'll say no more as that would be straying into RL politics ;)
I think it's an important discussion, but it is true that this probably isn't the place to discuss it. Suffice to say I'm not going to romance the cop unless they make his character VERY interesting... and his face a little less punchable. The one scene with him made him come off as pretty smug IMO. Might have just been me though, IDK.

Not having a go at you here but, blimey, you don't seem to have much faith in CDPR's writing...

Being able to grow attached to, or empathise with, people (even fictious characters) is a sign of good mental health, not the opposite. As we all know, a lack of empathy is a classic trait of sociopathy.

If you see a kid not caring about Bambi's mother then you might want to be extra vigilant ;)
I also wanted to add this. I agree with you in a lot of ways but it's also important to note that sometimes people with autism (like me lol) do have empathy, but struggle to express it in a way that others notice.

Eventually I learned how to and trained myself to improve a little, but at my own pace. When "professionals" or my parents tried to make me get better, I usually just closed down because it was unnatural. So my only point here is that I simply hope that everyone understands that not all individuals that don't outwardly express empathy are automatically at higher risk for sociopathy, psychopathy, or other psychological issues. Even individuals that do not have autism, like I guess for example some rough farmer dude named Joe or Bob or Bill or something that wears overalls and goes to old smokey's bar (something I just totally made up as an example) are sometimes not always expressive in the same ways one would normally expect, but anything is really possible, and I almost harmlessly go into the territory of the tough old farmer stereotype during this example, which is also not always the case because obviously there are also tough guys that are totally okay with crying when they feel sad and are not ashamed by the expression of their feels, and have no negative associations with the behavior.
So I guess the other point I'm trying to make is that there are all kinds of rules, but then also a ton of exceptions to those rules, but it just gets more and more blurry and confusing. To long didn't read version: There's lots of different kinds of cool people in the world.

(Funny Story: you have no idea the amount wild and baseless assumptions that so many countless nosy and rude teachers and counselors in school used to make about me... Then I would explain to them that they were 100% wrong and that I couldn't imagine how they would think X, Y, or Z about me, and they would look at my face and tell me I was wrong about myself, and that they decided that they knew what was going on in my head better than me, and proceed to try and convince me of a different and false reality..... So then I would politely say "That's very interesting but I disagree. You're completely wrong about me, and only I can decide who I am and what I am thinking, well have a nice day!" and they would start screaming and yelling at me and throwing me into detention for refusing to be brainwashed LOL :ROFLMAO: but lets just say back then I wasn't laughing or smiling for a variety of very good reasons)

I guess it's just important to consider all kinds of possibilities. Yes it's totally important to be careful to! Not arguing against that.

so it was said that all romance options were already revealed and i'm really wonder how cp2077's community likes it.
do you find any of the revealed characters' appearances attractive? are you planning to romance them? tell us why!
Personally, I'm not too happy with the options revealed so far. I love Jackie, but as a brother and a friend. But so far, even though I really like the looks of many different characters, I just don't feel like any of them really strike me as "dating material" none of them really make my heart pound really fast. None of them make me feel attraction towards them. I really wish that the livestream CDPR guy on twitch (Can't remember their name) hadn't revealed that all the main romance options had already been revealed because it actually ruined some part of the excitement and mystery and story for me, at this point now the game is not even released yet, and I'm already not excited about any of the options. I'm just really sad about it. I haven't even started playing and I already feel as if there is this huge part of my experience that is pre-spoiled and ruined.

Even if he had not revealed this, I am just as upset that CDPR would even reveal all the main romance options in just trailer and pre-gameplay material, both with or without telling us. I would have been just as upset to go through the game searching for that special someone, and then realize that I've seen them all and think "wait really... that's it?" I honestly feel like I could be good friends with a lot of the characters shown so far, or even just very intense friendly rivals, but none of them really spoke to me and whispered in my ear and made my heart race.

Just my sincere opinions.

Last edited:
Except people are missing the fact of what Patrick Mills (Senior Quest Designer) said.

They have revealed all of the romance options throughout ALL of the various trailers so far, not just night city wires, this does not mean focused on or front and center reveal, even characters who have spoken or who V directly interacted with. Never once did he say they spotlighted all of the romance options. He said to go be detectives and see if you can find them all in the videos.

Could have been someone who popped up for 2 seconds in the background.

There is a good chance that some have flown under the radar because of that, he did say there were options and flings and of all genders and orientations.

Hell, one of the Trauma Team members from the 2018 gameplay demo could be a romance option in that case, it may not be a direct trailer but while we are making assumptions...might as well.

Except people are missing the fact of what Patrick Mills (Senior Quest Designer) said.

They have revealed all of the romance options throughout ALL of the various trailers so far, not just night city wires, this does not mean focused on or front and center reveal, even characters who have spoken or who V directly interacted with. Never once did he say they spotlighted all of the romance options. He said to go be detectives and see if you can find them all in the videos.

Could have been someone who popped up for 2 seconds in the background.

There is a good chance that some have flown under the radar because of that, he did say there were options and flings and of all genders and orientations.

Hell, one of the Trauma Team members from the 2018 gameplay demo could be a romance option in that case, it may not be a direct trailer but while we are making assumptions...might as well.
Yes, I did notice that they said that, and this is actually part of the reason why I am also upset.
in 100% of all gameplay ever shown as of 30th September 2020, of all the characters I have seen, even in the background, NONE of those popped out to me and made me feel excited or interested in any way.
I agree, but if there is a decent looking cop, he's going to be my romance option. Even in Cyberpunk 2077 while the cops are owned by the corporations most are trying to do right by people.
<_< uhhhh...who wants to break the news about America to this person?
Moderator: That's right, all, no real-world politics here, please.
In respect and In compliance of Riven-Twain's moderator status and orders, and in respect of everyone else's sincere and honest opinions, and in total avoidance of any politics, and from a self imposed position of complete and total un-bias and 100% neutrality, I feel that it's an important obervation to make that in any part of the entire world, there are good and bad people of all kinds working in every type of job. (I expect to, and hope to see this random mix of different motives and intentions and different individuals even in Cyberpunk2077) There are also very good developers and publishers like gog.com and CDPR, and there are also... well... you know? I had lots of bad teachers, and lots of good teachers too. Leaving that there, and not even stepping back, as I have no intention of stepping forward, I step even further back than I already was, and With that being said, hopefully I put it well, I am very interested to know if there are actually any police that can be dated, as well as trauma team members? I am also curious to know about the Firestation? So far Max-tac = police, Trauma team = ambulance, so who puts out the fires? I would like to know if V can meet them at some point.

Last edited:
Honestly not too hyped by the romanceable options (that we think we know of). If we talk about looks I personally like very feminine/"cutesy" type of people (including dudes in that) but didn't really see anyone like that except for in ads.

But if there is good writing then I honestly can see me liking anyone.

Honestly not too hyped by the romanceable options (that we think we know of). If we talk about looks I personally like very feminine/"cutesy" type of people (including dudes in that) but didn't really see anyone like that except for in ads.

But if there is good writing then I honestly can see me liking anyone.
I get what you mean actually. I also have not really noticed anyone in that specific style, of all the characters I have seen so far.
No cute guys, No women that are really that that cute (in my opinion anyway) It's like the whole "feminine/"cutesy" type of people" as you say are almost completely non-existent in any footage I have seen. It is sad that there aren't any characters like this in the game that I know of, besides the woman dancing with the pink hat I think? But that's not exactly my favorite style. I dunno.
(Can't stress it enough that these should OBVIOUSLY all be 100% ADULTS, just in case anyone wants to make some really wild sick and twisted assumptions. Just saying)
I am also hopeful that the writing will be good. I'm hoping that the characters personalities will be so good that I will find a good partner in the game that I like. Of course this is CDPR, so I don't worry too much, but then again, I don't know what they have planned, but based on what they revealed I'm not happy, but then again, I don't know how things will play out. I'm more than willing to hopefully assume that the guy in the Twitch video is just completely wrong and just being a tease or a troll to hype the game up, even though it damaged my hype massively.

Last edited:
Romance is a big part of the TTRPG so I hope it's a big part of this game too (if the player chooses to go down that path). I find romance very interesting, but not many games do it well enough (My fav is probably Mass Effect). I have faith in CDPR tho. Romancing a character makes them feel more real and you get to see a side of them that isn't normally shown.

And it's completely canon!!

My other favourite part is the fandom :sneaky: the fanart and fanfics lol

Top Bottom