[poll] all cp2077 romance options revealed. do you like any of them?

+

do you find any of the revealed characters attractive?

• Total voters
Romance is a big part of the TTRPG so I hope it's a big part of this game too (if the player chooses to go down that path). I find romance very interesting, but not many games do it well enough (My fav is probably Mass Effect). I have faith in CDPR tho. Romancing a character makes them feel more real and you get to see a side of them that isn't normally shown.

And it's completely canon!!

My other favourite part is the fandom :sneaky: the fanart and fanfics lol
Yea I agree. Mass Effect 1 has a special place in my heart. I don't like the sequels at all though. But yea I totally agree with everything else about it adding to the characters. When it comes to fan art that's one thing. I'm excited for mods. It's just another one of the many very important reasons why Cyberpunk2077 desperately needs some of the most hardcore super high quality modding support in the form of the most ultimate mod toolkit the video game world has ever seen before. Excellent Modding Toolkit combined with Cyberpunk2077's inevitable massive popularity will result in the greatest biggest highest quality expansive modding community and mod selection that the world has ever seen. Bigger than any other game. It will also keep the game alive for over 10 years EASILY.

Hell, one of the Trauma Team members from the 2018 gameplay demo could be a romance option in that case, it may not be a direct trailer but while we are making assumptions...might as well.

I REALLY want a TT member to be a romance option :c

If you look closely at the footage, Viktor Vector is an ex-TT member lol-- but that's not the same!

I also wanted a character from Psycho Squad to be romanceable

I REALLY want a TT member to be a romance option :c

If you look closely at the footage, Viktor Vector is an ex-TT member lol-- but that's not the same!

I also wanted a character from Psycho Squad to be romanceable
I would LOVE a trauma team romance option. I would love to meet a cute female Battle Nurse, or battle doctor, battle medic(you know what I mean)
Also, VIKTOR was trauma team? Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? How? HOW? Please show me! This is very cool. I like Jackie as a brother, and I like Viktor as an uncle or father in some ways. That's super cool.
Also, I am also curious to see a character from Psycho Squad as a romanceable character.
But you know what? I also want to meet a Cyber Psycho romance option. Plugging into a faulty electrical socket is sure to be a very wild ride for V, but also deadly and dangerous as hell, and not recommended ever to anyone for any reason.

bbcmnfknaak11.jpg

@fridgeband

Lol it would be funny if a cyber psycho got his/her wires crossed and became obsessed with V and stalked them. But honestly I think the only cyber psychos you'll find are ones on killing sprees lol.

View attachment 11061686

@fridgeband

Lol it would be funny if a cyber psycho got his/her wires crossed and became obsessed with V and stalked them. But honestly I think the only cyber psychos you'll find are ones on killing sprees lol.
DUDE that is SO cool! Thank you for finding that for me, I had NO idea! Wow! :oops::eek::D(y)

Honestly I would like to meet a cyber psycho that got their wires crossed and instead of going on a killing spree they just went on another kind of spree. in V's bedroom.

what?

Yoga. Obviously. :ohstopit:

What about if there was a lot more...

Yeah, well... A "what if..." can make everything sound better.

But I don't think it'd be helpful in the case of "romances"; as opposed to "camaraderie". The romance itself is the problematic thing that you need to press on to make it meaningful, but the more you push it, the more awkward and disturbing it feels. A "friendship" you can put gently aside and leave at a comment-level without it losing its meaning, but that's not the case with romance.

I don't think that PC-involved romances in games (outside stories where the romance is a pivotal part) are more than short and simplified arousal fantasies (for those who do get aroused by them) the games would do better without.

But that might be just me.

Can you craft or enhance any sex-bots from acquired cyber gear?

Maybe a multipurpose loot-mule sex-bot is the best companion to have.

Can you craft or enhance any sex-bots from acquired cyber gear?

Maybe a multipurpose loot-mule sex-bot is the best companion to have.
There will be doll houses where I think (unconfirmed) you'll be able to make your perfect love android lol

Then you seemingly feel the gaming world is full of weirdos then. Mass Effect, Dragon Age and Persona, to name but three, are prime examples of games with characters people find charming. Possibly your interpretation of the word charming is different to mine, in which case this discussion is redundant.
I'm also curious as to whether your belief extends to other fictitious characters?
Do you find books, anime, TV or movies to ever have charming characters? Millions upon millions do. Yet more weirdos?
If you do find characters from other media charming, then I can only assume it's the writing that is stopping you from feeling the same way about vidya.
If that is the case then good writing is all that's needed to remedy the situation :)
People being 'weird' doesn't even enter into it, imho.

I think most people emotions toward fictional character are extremely dampened, or else we would cry everytime a character we like is killed, replace real girlfriends with 2D ones (well, I know some people does even marry them...), and so on.
And being charmed by someone is one of those strong emotions, different that just finding someone interesting, which normally don't happens toward a fictional character.
Post automatically merged:

Video games aren't different from any other media ( books and movies ), as it simulates human emotions, interactions and dynamics, provoking natural and human reactions from the player, angryness, sadness, joy, sympathy, empathy, antipathy, love or hatred, etc..

Minus normally feelings are seriously dampened when speaking about fictional characters.
Feeling strong feelings like genuine love or hatred for a fictional character is unbelievable unless schizophrenic to me.

You appreciating or disliking a character isn't any different from finding it charming.

There is a difference: intensity.
I don't try to date girls I simply like, but it's not the same about girls I find charming.

Why did you want a stunning female character by the way and why can't you be bothered with what you call " plain / normal " girls ? Precisely because you want to bang a stunning girl with an awesome physical appearance that makes you feel something. That would make you much more excited to sexually interact with than you currently are with what we got, while it's just a video game. I'm curious to know if you don't find it weird too.

You can be visually excited by a sex scene in a media because precisely it simulates a sex scene ( you can be even excited with just lines in a book with just your imagination, the example of 5O shades of grey comes to my mind, one of the most popular erotic books ) , as much as someone might be more interested by a romancable character that didn't catch his eyes first after learning more about her.

As an example, there was a character in dragon age, called Solas, a lot of female gamers laughed / about him prior to the release. I remember very well. Because he was " bald ", a lot complained about attractiveness. After the game was released, it's like things totally changed. He has now many many fanatic fangirls, even more than Cullen who is yet conventionally attractive, the pretty boy, and among these female players, a lot of the same who complained about him. They changed their mind because they were emotionally invested thanks to a lot more factors than just his physical appearance.

Like in real life, you can find a character prettier or the opposite, by learning and interacting more with him - similar to what is simulated in a movie, book or video game, based on human interactions -, different factors playing a role. How many girls have suddenly stopped caring about a guy because he was not interesting, while she was initially attracted to him, or finally fell in love with the guy they weren't into first. A lot from my experience. There could be totally the same dynamics with fictional characters. It isn't weird in the slightest to me.

Visual informations stay the same for reality and video games.
Feelings aren't.
So eye candy stays eye candy while charming comes down to simply interesting.

But I'm beginning to understand why some peoples think video games are dangerous if as you say people normally experiences the same feelings when playing and IRL.

To me that would end in people acting like in "Misery", where Annie, genuinely loving Misery, torture the author of the book to save her loved fictional character.

Last edited:
Not really.

Case had an affair with Molly in Neuromancer.
Robocop Alex Murphy was a married man.
Alitas romance with Hugo was very important in Battle Angel Alita (the manga and also present in the movie.)
Neo and Trinity.

Even in the 2020 source material you got Johnny and Alt, whose love will probably a very big part of 2077 storyline. What happened to Alt is most likely the main reason why Johnny hates Arasaka so much.

I personally think that any form of futurism should be always evolving based on the feedback we get from real life. With that said I was talking by a realistic standpoint, if you pay attention you will see romance is dying slowly since the 60's (I would say specially in underdeveloped countries) and we actually don't even live in a dystopic society at all. It doesn't bother me in any way to have romance in the game, it's a cool feature but it just might afect the way this game will age on the long run.

I haven't seen anyone that I found attractive. I'll do what I do in all of these RPGs with romances, and just skip the romance stuff. It usually doesn't affect anything in the story anyway.

So my only point here is that I simply hope that everyone understands that not all individuals that don't outwardly express empathy are automatically at higher risk for sociopathy, psychopathy, or other psychological issues.

I understand and didn't mean to imply that a lack of empathy was only ever asssociated with potentially 'dangerous' indivduals :eek:

I've never thought you might be a sociopath Fridgey ;)

I have noticed that most of your posts are intense and highly detailed, almost overwhelmingly so sometimes ;), but that's cool and shows passion. You keep doing you, you know? :)

Sorry to hear you got crap from teachers - must have been difficult! Still, you seem to have dealt with it really well and come out top judging from your description.

I also understand what you mean about having things slightly spoiled. I'm kinda trying to forget who I've seen so far in the trailers in an attempt to confuse myself about who is romanceable. I was a bit shockes thay they'd all appeared in trailers at some point. I'd prefer to be surprised. I'm sure I've avoided seeing a couple of the options, at least. Or that I've seen them but don't know they are options, heh.

Last edited:
Refuse to vote as haven't even looked at any that way till get hands-on the game to see who actually is romanceable and who isn't

Minus normally feelings are seriously dampened when speaking about fictional characters.
Feeling strong feelings like genuine love or hatred for a fictional character is unbelievable unless schizophrenic to me.
Obviously different media like movies and books, and even video games with storytelling like Dragon age / Mass effect / The witcher are supposed to draw various emotions from people. It's one of their points actually.. There is nothing more appreciated for a lot of writers than succeeding such thing, having a result with strong reactions from their audience, from hatred to love and everything else in between. They want people to feel about the universe they created, the story, the characters, not just finding them " interesting " as well. You must live in a cave by the way, far away from humans. You don't have any friends ? You have never seen anyone of them being fond of a fictional character, reacting strongly to dramatic events like the death of their favourite character ? Haven't you heard of the " red wedding " that upset so many folks in the world ? A lot of tears. How many millions of young folks have fallen in love with Dysney characters or anime in their childhood.

You genuinely never felt strongly or never hated a fictional character when you read game of Thrones, in a video game or something else, when you followed a serie TV, or something else during all your life ? It's beyond common in any fandom. Hating/ fangirling on characters is basically something that most humans do or have already done once in their life about fictional characters. You just have to find them the universe that they will be passionate about. Vampire Diaries, Harry Potter, Twilight, Naruto, Berserk, Game of Thrones etc...So many universes.. How many guys I have seen literally hating on Danaerys while they were fanatics of Stannis Baratheon opposed to Danaerys defenders with who they were arguing. And yet they were all normal guys in real life, some even 40 years old, happy married and with children, just being passionate about GRR Martin 's universe and its characters.

How many gamers strongly felt about characters like Morrigan, Solas, Ashley Willams ? Miranda lawson ? Liara, Tali, Garrus, Triss, Yennefer ? You have never seen such thing that you find it so unbelievable ? Where were you all this time buddy, is it possible that you missed all the hatred / love for a fictional character on video game forums all these years... ? Haven't you seen fights between Triss lovers and Yennefer lovers to decide which one what the best romance ? That you find it unbelievable is unbelievable, welcome on Earth and among humans, great sensitive creatures lol.

All these strong reactions because of fictional characters, that don't exist in real life. Yes... People are aware of that lol. Anyway, basically most humans except maybe you, are schizophrenic then.

Feelings aren't.

But I'm beginning to understand why some peoples think video games are dangerous if as you say people normally experiences the same feelings when playing and IRL.

To me that would end in people acting like in "Misery", where Annie, genuinely loving Misery, torture the author of the book to save her loved fictional character.
You make it more extreme and unreasonable than it is for most folks. People are perfectly able to separate fiction from real life while being able to enjoy fictional contents in a strong but still reasonable and obviously passionate way...

You are also incoherent to me. On one hand you state that you can't be " charmed " by a fictional character, that it's schizophrenic, on the other hand you demand " stunning " 3D polygones with a video game, things that are not...real, so that you can be actually charmed by fictional characters... Whether it is because of visual appearance, candy eyes or else, doesn't change that fact. It's the same... happening in a different way... Someone being excited or loving a fictional character because she is visually stunning, or because of her personality, does that factually change anything ? ... No.

Why would you require to be particularly attracted to "stunning" 3D polygones ( you can't even be bothered with normal looking pretty girls. ) if it isn't to feel and to be very excited about them, as much as you would with very attractive real women... simulating the same natural feelings, attraction or emotions toward them... Obviously more than a simple interest and liking for a fictional character... That's way more than just visual information. If you were honest about that, the only thing that would matter would be your character being able to have deeper relationships with another fictional character among various options, appreciating simply the deeper story romances can offer and the new dynamic between them. None of the female romancable options for example in dragon age Inquisition really appealed to me, and yet I was able to enjoy one of them, finding the dynamic with my character simply interesting as a player. Following your logic you should be normally content with what is offered or it wouldn't really matter to you. But obviously it is a big big issue to you and you have made that point very clear and many times in two topics. It is just proof that you want to feel about these characters as much as others, just not necessarily in the same way.

I think most people emotions toward fictional character are extremely dampened, or else we would cry everytime a character we like is killed, replace real girlfriends with 2D ones (well, I know some people does even marry them...), and so on.
And being charmed by someone is one of those strong emotions, different that just finding someone interesting, which normally don't happens toward a fictional character.

I see what you're saying but, with respect, this now seems to be a separate discussion.

Originally you simply implied (or outright said) that finding a fictional character charming required borderline mental illness.

Now you're roughly saying 'finding someone charming = finding them important with an intensity that you might in RL and is schizophrenia'. You're even using the character from Misery as an example.:rolleyes: You're moving the goalposts.

Simply put, I was never (nor, from what I can tell, was anyone else) making the claim that people regularly care THAT much about fictional characters. Within the context of the story-telling, the fantasy and the suspension-of-disbelief sure, but not then taking it out into RL.

Yeah, well... A "what if..." can make everything sound better.

But I don't think it'd be helpful in the case of "romances"; as opposed to "camaraderie". The romance itself is the problematic thing that you need to press on to make it meaningful, but the more you push it, the more awkward and disturbing it feels. A "friendship" you can put gently aside and leave at a comment-level without it losing its meaning, but that's not the case with romance.

I don't think that PC-involved romances in games (outside stories where the romance is a pivotal part) are more than short and simplified arousal fantasies (for those who do get aroused by them) the games would do better without.

But that might be just me.

Oh, I wasn't trying to use a 'what if' to try and get you to say you'd like romances. I was merely curious if you could envisage a romance that would add to your experience and, if so, what kind of level of detail and depth would be required.

Just thought it'd be interesting to know from a design perspective.

Did you play ever play Vampire Redemption? Obviously, Anezka wasn't the typical ARPG 'romance option' so much as their love story was an integral part of the entire plot. I thought it helped make the game though.

Last edited:
Obviously different media like movies and books, and even video games with storytelling like Dragon age / Mass effect / The witcher are supposed to draw various emotions from people. It's one of their points actually.. There is nothing more appreciated for a lot of writers than succeeding such thing, having a result with strong reactions from their audience, from hatred to love and everything else in between. They want people to feel about the universe they created, the story, the characters, not just finding them " interesting " as well. You must live in a cave by the way, far away from humans. You don't have any friends ? You have never seen anyone of them being fond of a fictional character, reacting strongly to dramatic events like the death of their favourite character ? Haven't you heard of the " red wedding " that upset so many folks in the world ? A lot of tears. How many millions of young folks have fallen in love with Dysney characters or anime in their childhood.

You genuinely never felt strongly or never hated a fictional character when you read game of Thrones, in a video game or something else, when you followed a serie TV, or something else during all your life ? It's beyond common in any fandom. Hating/ fangirling on characters is basically something that most humans do or have already done once in their life about fictional characters. You just have to find them the universe that they will be passionate about. Vampire Diaries, Harry Potter, Twilight, Naruto, Berserk, Game of Thrones etc...So many universes.. How many guys I have seen literally hating on Danaerys while they were fanatics of Stannis Baratheon opposed to Danaerys defenders with who they were arguing. And yet they were all normal guys in real life, some even 40 years old, happy married and with children, just being passionate about GRR Martin 's universe and its characters.

How many gamers strongly felt about characters like Morrigan, Solas, Ashley Willams ? Miranda lawson ? Liara, Tali, Garrus, Triss, Yennefer ? You have never seen such thing that you find it so unbelievable ? Where were you all this time buddy, is it possible that you missed all the hatred / love for a fictional character on video game forums all these years... ? Haven't you seen fights between Triss lovers and Yennefer lovers to decide which one what the best romance ? That you find it unbelievable is unbelievable, welcome on Earth and among humans, great sensitive creatures lol.

All these strong reactions because of fictional characters, that don't exist in real life. Yes... People are aware of that lol. Anyway, basically most humans except maybe you, are schizophrenic then.

You make it more extreme and unreasonable than it is for most folks. People are perfectly able to separate fiction from real life while being able to enjoy fictional contents in a strong but still reasonable and obviously passionate way...

You are also incoherent to me. On one hand you state that you can't be " charmed " by a fictional character, that it's schizophrenic, on the other hand you demand " stunning " 3D polygones with a video game, things that are not...real, so that you can be actually charmed by fictional characters... Whether it is because of visual appearance, candy eyes or else, doesn't change that fact. It's the same... happening in a different way... Someone being excited or loving a fictional character because she is visually stunning, or because of her personality, does that factually change anything ? ... No.

Why would you require to be particularly attracted to "stunning" 3D polygones ( you can't even be bothered with normal looking pretty girls. ) if it isn't to feel and to be very excited about them, as much as you would with very attractive real women... simulating the same natural feelings, attraction or emotions toward them... Obviously more than a simple interest and liking for a fictional character... That's way more than just visual information. If you were honest about that, the only thing that would matter would be your character being able to have deeper relationships with another fictional character among various options, appreciating simply the deeper story romances can offer and the new dynamic between them. None of the female romancable options for example in dragon age Inquisition really appealed to me, and yet I was able to enjoy one of them, finding the dynamic with my character simply interesting as a player. Following your logic you should be normally content with what is offered or it wouldn't really matter to you. But obviously it is a big big issue to you and you have made that point very clear and many times in two topics. It is just proof that you want to feel about these characters as much as others, just not necessarily in the same way.

We uses the same words but don't gives them the same senses, so discussing is pointless.

I hated once, and the only reason that person is still alive was thousands of miles.
That's what "hate" is, not just a little dislike for a fictional character.

I loved and was unable to think clearly, the reason why I get my money robbed.
That's what "love" is, not just liking a character on TV.

I'm done with that part of the topic, but feel free to write that healthy peoples can feel genuine love and hate for fictional characters if you want to.

I get what you mean actually. I also have not really noticed anyone in that specific style, of all the characters I have seen so far.
No cute guys, No women that are really that that cute (in my opinion anyway) It's like the whole "feminine/"cutesy" type of people" as you say are almost completely non-existent in any footage I have seen. It is sad that there aren't any characters like this in the game that I know of, besides the woman dancing with the pink hat I think? But that's not exactly my favorite style. I dunno.
(Can't stress it enough that these should OBVIOUSLY all be 100% ADULTS, just in case anyone wants to make some really wild sick and twisted assumptions. Just saying)
I am also hopeful that the writing will be good. I'm hoping that the characters personalities will be so good that I will find a good partner in the game that I like. Of course this is CDPR, so I don't worry too much, but then again, I don't know what they have planned, but based on what they revealed I'm not happy, but then again, I don't know how things will play out. I'm more than willing to hopefully assume that the guy in the Twitch video is just completely wrong and just being a tease or a troll to hype the game up, even though it damaged my hype massively.
The creepy thing is that the girl with the hat dancing with V reminds of person in RL but without the pink hair......
Also, the nomad girl to me looks similar to Halle Berry. Enough that I actually think CDPR modeled the nomad girl after her. lol

There is a difference: intensity.
I don't try to date girls I simply like, but it's not the same about girls I find charming.

Feelings aren't.

I see you make comments implying it's a rare or nearly non-existent thing for someone to have strong emotional reactions to fictional characters, in this case videogame characters, and then I remember the reactions many had to the events of The Last of Us 2. That's just the latest huge emotional reaction that I've seen people have to what happens to fictional characters, so you saying this doesn't happen normally is a false statement. Also, I'd be careful about labeling people who do have these kinds of visceral emotional responses to fictional characters as being mentally ill.

As someone who likes relationship mechanics in videogames, and absolutely believe they make RPG's more believable in a good way, I'm disappointed in the offerings in this game. Meredith Stout does stand out though. So, it looks like it's the Corpo life for me.

Top Bottom