Anything been said on "Legendary" rarity cyber implant weapons?

+
We know that things like guns and melee weapons (Katanas, hammers, etc.) will have rarities. I'm curious if anything has been mentioned about implants such as the Gorilla Arms of Mantis Blades. I would assume it would be similar to weapons except you'd need to go to and buy them from a Ripperdoc to have them installed instead of just picking them up and equipping them. Or perhaps they are simply upgrades you slot into your implants?

Has anything been said on this or is it safe to assume we'll unlock better rarity/variant implant weapons similar to other implants since we can't "loot" cyberware from enemies like we can other gear? That would make them highly reliant on Street Cred grinding instead of "hey, look what I found in this box!". Are there even tiers for implant weapons? I would imagine there are if they want to have some semblance of balance for them.

Thoughts/opinions?

I doubt there will be the tags of legendary or epic connected to the tiers of weapons. more like patchwork, standard, and refined or enhanced. Or various Mk1-5 would be more likely given the setting of the game. but both of those aside I havnt seen any word official or not to really indicate what we can expect in that regard. I am just making guessed based on my 34+ years gaming experience going from messing with my dad's atari 2600 all way up to playing on oculus quest and everything in between.

They did say we would be able to loot different blades for the mantis blades off dead bodies but I don’t know about teirs for them.

They did say we would be able to loot different blades for the mantis blades off dead bodies but I don’t know about teirs for them.
That's news to me since I thought they counted as Cyberware and they have explicitly stated we can't loot cyberware. I suppose the blades themselves could technically be replaceable since you could theoretically replace the blades, but keep the same mechanism installed without the need for a ripperdoc. Not necessarily replacing the cyberware, just the weapon attached to said cyberware.

Was this said in a video? A Tweet?

Syware

Forum regular
We have to buy or loot the cyberware in order for the ripperdoc to implant them on V. I think we can also receive them as gifts from gangs and corps. I also heard there are prototypes that we can install on v.

That's news to me since I thought they counted as Cyberware and they have explicitly stated we can't loot cyberware. I suppose the blades themselves could technically be replaceable since you could theoretically replace the blades, but keep the same mechanism installed without the need for a ripperdoc. Not necessarily replacing the cyberware, just the weapon attached to said cyberware.

Was this said in a video? A Tweet?
i forget where but i heard the same and there was a screenshot where male v was doing self maint on one of cybernetic arm mods so would make sense where we cant install the cyberware ourselves but maybe mod it once in to enhance the basic funtion

Let’s not color code or spell out rare gear. Are we kindergarteners?

let the stats and the difficulty of finding the gear tell us that the gear is rare. A good story doesn’t tell the reader what’s happening in the scene. It shows them.

the same should be said for items in a video game.

let the stats and the difficulty of finding the gear tell us that the gear is rare. A good story doesn’t tell the reader what’s happening in the scene. It shows them.
While I can attest to the "show don't tell" adage when it comes to entertainment media, I mean, the color is simply an easy identifier for when browsing the inventory. It's not the dictator of things like stats or the difficulty of acquiring said gear. It's simply the marker of such.
It seems odd to be against a means of organizing gear, especially if it means I don't need to check every single piece of gear and compare stats. I can just go "oh, this one is purple and this one is green. Purple is usually better. Keep that sell the green." Also, it's a little late since it appears they are color coding gear.

CP2077 Inventory Screen.png

I doubt there will be the tags of legendary or epic connected to the tiers of weapons. more like patchwork, standard, and refined or enhanced. Or various Mk1-5 would be more likely given the setting of the game. but both of those aside I havnt seen any word official or not to really indicate what we can expect in that regard. I am just making guessed based on my 34+ years gaming experience going from messing with my dad's atari 2600 all way up to playing on oculus quest and everything in between.
Actually, legendary epic etc. Tags are confirmed.

While I can attest to the "show don't tell" adage when it comes to entertainment media, I mean, the color is simply an easy identifier for when browsing the inventory. It's not the dictator of things like stats or the difficulty of acquiring said gear. It's simply the marker of such.
It seems odd to be against a means of organizing gear, especially if it means I don't need to check every single piece of gear and compare stats. I can just go "oh, this one is purple and this one is green. Purple is usually better. Keep that sell the green." Also, it's a little late since it appears they are color coding gear.

View attachment 11061944

because gear being “better” is usually a developers preference that gets forced on the player.

What I mean by that is this:
Say that there are two sniper rifles. The first rifle has a very high damage number but it’s trade off it’s a slow rof high recoil gun.

the second rifle is a moderate damage, low recoil, and higher rof gun.

the first rifle is a 1hko. The second rifle needs a two tap.

but because the second rifle is easier to use, it gets coded as purple and the first gets coded as green.

and, like you said, you’d delete the first rifle because purple > green.

Rarity and colors encourage simple-mindedness in people. There’s no testing of weapons to see what you, as a player, prefer.

because gear being “better” is usually a developers preference that gets forced on the player.

What I mean by that is this:
Say that there are two sniper rifles. The first rifle has a very high damage number but it’s trade off it’s a slow rof high recoil gun. the second rifle is a moderate damage, low recoil, and higher rof gun.

Rarity and colors encourage simple-mindedness in people. There’s no testing of weapons to see what you, as a player, prefer.
OH! Okay, I see what you meant now. I suppose I can understand that. When it comes to rarity, I had the "Borderlands" mentality where the tiers really are indicators or the overall stats of a weapon and not specific differences that would be indicated by their manufacturer. I honestly don't know if the difference between gear stat numbers will be small enough as to where "rarity color" will become an issue as you say.

As it stands, completely understand the mentality of "hey, this is a 'purple' tech weapon with high damage, but even if this 'green' smart weapon has lower damage, I can hide behind cover and am nearly always guaranteed to hit my target so it will actually be better for my overall dps". A fair point when it comes to the rarity color marking. I suppose it does require a tad more intelligence to pay attention to the rarity while not letting it always dictate your gear choices.

So from what I know.
You visit ripper docks that will have different stock of cyberware to choose from, their inventory likely depending on your street cred and what ripperdock you are visiting.

Ripper docks install the main part of cyberware on your body.
You then have the option to further upgrade your installed cyberware that does not require a ripperdock.

As aforementioned you can switch out the mantis blades but after you had them installed at a ripperdock.
Cyberware will have different slots for upgrades much like weapons have slots for attachments such as silences, scopes and whatnot.

You cannot harvest the dead bodies for cyberware but perhaps upgrades you can.

I know there are tiers of rarity to weapons but actual tiers for cyberware aren't discussed anywhere. From what was seen there were different versions of Kiroshi eye. Initially we had kiroshi v1 and then we installed version 2 at the ripper dock which allowed us to scan and zoom with the eye. There was also a third one which we didnt see installed.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can't stress enough how sick I am at color coded "loot"
Rarity level sure to an extent it should correlate with how really rare it is. How many NPCs out there have that equipment.

"Leveled" equipment is just dumb. There is no excuse. If 8 people have a glock 42 there is no reason it should be (glock 42 level 1 and glock 42 level 80) So video games stop with this nonsense.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can't stress enough how sick I am at color coded "loot"
Rarity level sure to an extent it should correlate with how really rare it is. How many NPCs out there have that equipment.

"Leveled" equipment is just dumb. There is no excuse. If 8 people have a glock 42 there is no reason it should be (glock 42 level 1 and glock 42 level 80) So video games stop with this nonsense.

Well one thing that Pawel said who works on the guns of CP
Is that some of the more rarer legendary weapons will be bound to in game characters
Essentially you will have to make a choice will you kill someone to get their weapon/armor or leave them alive because you like them as a character.

I feel this aspect gives a lot of depth to the whole loot system.
Perhaps you see someone with a weapon you like and are like " I want that " and you can actually get it.

It wont be like skyrim where the enemies drop all the items they are wearing though so it will be closer to Witcher I imagine.

Perhaps you see someone with a weapon you like and are like " I want that " and you can actually get it.
Now that's exactly what I mean by "rarity" If they have a weapon you could buy cheaper of course anyone could buy it higher priced weapons would be rarer as it naturally excludes a high number of buyers. Then there are the custom weapons which are "unique" in that there is only a particular person who has it.

One of youtuber or game journalist that get to play the game, already said there is Legendary weapons.
they may of said that but i highly doubt it is true given the amount of misinformation there is out there. and even if there was the only people that got to play beyond the Tutorial basically was the rating boards and people at Sony and Microsoft for cert. If and that is a big If there were legendary its next to impossible a player would see them in the tutorial. They probably making assumtions off there being exotic cyberware in lore but that doesnt mean the same thing as in other games. Those are more like all chrome skin or modded to look like a furry which cdpr has said we cant do as would be cost prohibitive and as player we wouldnt ever make that much money.
Post automatically merged:

I agree and dont see that there being color coding here

Top Bottom