Predictions: What would the Meta be in October (post 7.3 Patch)?

+

rrc

Forum veteran
I think, the pro-rank scene will greatly remain the same.
-> SK will be top tier with 60% win rate. No amount of leader nerfs can make any change unless the core bronze packages are touched. Rage Of Sea is still strong, but with loss in flexibility, people are just going to try Blaze of Glory or Patricidal Fury with the same deck and will have the same ridiculous win %.
-> NR will probably be the same. With 3 provision nerf to Shieldwall, it will lose a lot of fire power. But even without this change, SK was owning NR and NR will slowly lose popularity since it is going to be much more SK on the ladder.
-> ST will probably play the same deck with very minor changes to the cards with Nature's Gift or Precision Strike. Some poor souls (like me) will try elves and get their ass handled over to them on a silver plate by SK and will probably move to playing casual.
-> MO will probably be the same, but I think the buff to Ghouls are nice which may make Fruits an alternate option for Hunger decks. Of course clowning with Keltulus will continue. So, pretty much the same.
-> SY with the nerf to Passiflora, Hidden Cache will lose some more popularity and Firesworm will be the most played deck. So, a minor change in meta, but only removing an playable deck to be replaced with more of the other deck that was played.
-> NG... I don't know what to expect from NG. I like the buffs to soldiers and with more SK which are devotion, Ball can be more reliable - still Heatwave is going to be equally prevalent. But I feel like the changes will have little impact and NG will remain the weakest faction.

So, overall, my prediction is, the meta will pretty much be the same. And we can repeat the same next month too unless SK bronze and Heimdal gets balanced. As @ya1 mentioned in various threads, Scenario changes which is the biggest aspect of this patch doesn't affect anything that rules the meta for last 3 months. Hopefully someone will be able to create a decent deck with NG soldiers or ST elves which CAN win against anything other than SK at least.

ya1

Forum regular
Good thread and the meta will not change in the least afaik. The biggest "patch change" slogan which is the scenario gimp is totally irrelevant to how Gwent is played these days. SK and NR will lose some of their mid-provision cards which will not affect them in them in the least. NG which only got the one good thing - the Ball - got pissed on with a "I piss where Reddit tells me to piss so I don't even know where I piss" kind of attitude.

-> SK will be top tier with 60% win rate. No amount of leader nerfs can make any change unless the core bronze packages are touched. Rage Of Sea is still strong, but with loss in flexibility, people are just going to try Blaze of Glory or Patricidal Fury with the same deck and will have the same ridiculous win %.
-> NR will probably be the same. With 3 provision nerf to Shieldwall, it will lose a lot of fire power. But even without this change, SK was owning NR and NR will slowly lose popularity since it is going to be much more SK on the ladder.
-> ST will probably play the same deck with very minor changes to the cards with Nature's Gift or Precision Strike. Some poor souls (like me) will try elves and get their ass handled over to them on a silver plate by SK and will probably move to playing casual.
-> MO will probably be the same, but I think the buff to Ghouls are nice which may make Fruits an alternate option for Hunger decks. Of course clowning with Keltulus will continue. So, pretty much the same.
-> SY with the nerf to Passiflora, Hidden Cache will lose some more popularity and Firesworm will be the most played deck. So, a minor change in meta, but only removing an playable deck to be replaced with more of the other deck that was played.
-> NG... I don't know what to expect from NG. I like the buffs to soldiers and with more SK which are devotion, Ball can be more reliable - still Heatwave is going to be equally prevalent. But I feel like the changes will have little impact and NG will remain the weakest faction.

So, overall, my prediction is, the meta will pretty much be the same. And we can repeat the same next month too unless SK bronze and Heimdal gets balanced. As @ya1 mentioned in various threads, Scenario changes which is the biggest aspect of this patch doesn't affect anything that rules the meta for last 3 months. Hopefully someone will be able to create a decent deck with NG soldiers or ST elves which CAN win against anything other than SK at least.

Harpy will be auto include for MO. I would argue SK got even stronger. Two pings instead of 3 is tough but the 2 turn duration is beneficial in a number of ways. I think NR Shieldwall is also strong enough to adapt to a slight provision nerf.

Small disclaimer, I only play ranked to get to 14 for the RP. I don’t have much experience with the current top meta decks.

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
Yeah, agreed. Monster buffs won't make the faction prevalent, but will help keeping the faction afloat for the time being after the big nerf. Meanwhile Nilfgaard still gets the short end of the stick.

I agree with almost everything.

But about NG, i think ppl will try diferents things to win 1 round and let ball for the last round.

Also, i think almost everyone use artifact removers and heatwave because the double ball. Without that possibility, i think we will see less decks with heatwave, and there is where ball can be a good thing.

I am happy with the double ball nerf, but i agree NG bronzes should be buffed

Not much will change. SK and NR will continue to dominate and despite the complaints about NG they're right behind those two along with ST.

Nothing changes for MO. A 1pt change to Ghoul doesn't make much of a difference, the card isn't even played at all, 1pt won't change that.

Is RUEHIN category change meant to be combined with Ethereal? I'm just trying to figure out why they'd do that. But Ethereal targets don't go to the graveyard do they? They aren't destroyed just transformed. Who knows.

Celano Harpy I guess can be useful for deathwish but I don't see it being any more competitive because of it.

Is RUEHIN category change meant to be combined with Ethereal? I'm just trying to figure out why they'd do that. But Ethereal targets don't go to the graveyard do they? They aren't destroyed just transformed. Who knows.

They removed the demon restriction from Ethereal in the 7.2 update, so that can't be related.

The only interactions I can see are that Ruehin would now benefit from the Kikimore Queen thrive, would add 1 armor to an existing Kikimore Warrior, and would spawn a drone if you consumed it with an Endrega Warrior. None of those seem like game changing improvements.

I don't see any particular reason for the demon -> insectoid change. I'm puzzled about this one...

They removed the demon restriction from Ethereal in the 7.2 update, so that can't be related.

The only interactions I can see are that Ruehin would now benefit from the Kikimore Queen thrive, would add 1 armor to an existing Kikimore Warrior, and would spawn a drone if you consumed it with an Endrega Warrior. None of those seem like game changing improvements.

I don't see any particular reason for the demon -> insectoid change. I'm puzzled about this one...
OH yea, didn't realize that. The change definitely doesn't do much. I guess for whatever little consistency it adds. I run organic/insectoids as my main but I can't fathom how this helps.

DRK3

Forum veteran
I agree, Skellige will still be dominant, the metadecks will shift a little bit, different leader probably, but mostly it will remain the same OP crap SK Warriors has been for the past 3 months.

The other changes will make a few cards a little bit more viable, but it wont be enough to bring new decks or eliminate current decks from meta.

And on a sidenote, double scenario decks will still be possible, but not in the traditional way...
But with a meme deck im currently using: Angouleme. Then Assire for a replay of the scenario, it doesnt matter its doomed since its created everytime Angouleme its played. This deck hard targets scenario users, its kinda bad vs everything else since the backup plan im using is Assimilate/Seditious Aristocrats.

OH yea, didn't realize that. The change definitely doesn't do much. I guess for whatever little consistency it adds. I run organic/insectoids as my main but I can't fathom how this helps.

I just deleted my organic/insectoid deck. It's getting nothing in the upcoming patch, except the threat of Blizzard, which will kill all the drones. :(

I just deleted my organic/insectoid deck. It's getting nothing in the upcoming patch, except the threat of Blizzard, which will kill all the drones. :(
Lol Yea when I read the patch notes I had to do a double take...they keep indirectly nerfing every other MO archetype and pushing us in frost. Let's hope since everyone will be running Heatwave (except SK and NR) they won't have room for blizzard :oops:

i still wandering with they put insectoide tag in Ruehin.

Maybe in the next patch they will bring some things that works cool with Ruehin, since the best leader to use it - DeathShadow - has gone

Another season of:

T1: SK and NR
T2: Decks that can deal with SK/NR except NG
T3: NG
I'm pretty sure NG is the faction that deals with those two lol they can easily shutdown NR, they might have difficulty with SK but mill/assimilation decks do very well against them. NG in turn has difficulty with swarm so ST and SY gives them a hard time but they're not in the worst position, not an ideal position but certainly better than MO that can't counter a thing and gets slapped around by NR
Post automatically merged:

i still wandering with they put insectoide tag in Ruehin.

Maybe in the next patch they will bring some things that works cool with Ruehin, since the best leader to use it - DeathShadow - has gone
Then why not leave it as is until next patch. I don't have that kind of faith in them anymore, it was likely just a random change so it appears they did something for MO.

I'm pretty sure NG is the faction that deals with those two lol they can easily shutdown NR, they might have difficulty with SK but mill/assimilation decks do very well against them. NG in turn has difficulty with swarm so ST and SY gives them a hard time but they're not in the worst position, not an ideal position but certainly better than MO that can't counter a thing and gets slapped around by NR
Post automatically merged:

Then why not leave it as is until next patch. I don't have that kind of faith in them anymore, it was likely just a random change so it appears they did something for MO.
I have almost assurance about this change.

Its too random to "noting".

Ok, for now it
- can be triggered by ethereal - but no ano one will do that, because ethereal will transform ruehin and it wont come back
- can gain one point if its in the same row kiki queen - also too random that, since he can spawn in any of the rows.
- can be boost by 1 with Arachas Behemoth
- can give one armor to kikimore worker

So all this things are kind of usules to it. If Ruehin since the beggining was an insectoid, that problably because they need to put a tag on it and thats it (as detlaff who is a Vampire but he feets much better in consume decks than in vamire decks - but, as I said, that tag its since the beggening, so its just a tag).

But in the case of Ruehin, they changed his principal tag, so problably something is coming

EDIT: ah, we cant ignore maybe new cards with the demons tags are coming and the devs doesnt whant they sinergyze with Ruehin. Thats a possibility too

EDIT 2: but i still thinking there is going to be a new card with the skill like "everytime an inscetoide spawn, summon or be played in this row, boost self by one". So it will trigger when ruehin drops in that row, also will combine with Arachas Behemoth, Endrega Queen, Endrega Eggs spawning theyr drones and, of course, with all the other insectoids playing by hand

Last edited:
I have almost assurance about this change.

Its too random to "noting".

Ok, for now it
- can be triggered by ethereal - but no ano one will do that, because ethereal will transform ruehin and it wont come back
- can gain one point if its in the same row kiki queen - also too random that, since he can spawn in any of the rows.
- can be boost by 1 with Arachas Behemoth
- can give one armor to kikimore worker

So all this things are kind of usules to it. If Ruehin since the beggining was an insectoid, that problably because they need to put a tag on it and thats it (as detlaff who is a Vampire but he feets much better in consume decks than in vamire decks - but, as I said, that tag its since the beggening, so its just a tag).

But in the case of Ruehin, they changed his principal tag, so problably something is coming

EDIT: ah, we cant ignore maybe new cards with the demons tags are coming and the devs doesnt whant they sinergyze with Ruehin. Thats a possibility too

EDIT 2: but i still thinking there is going to be a new card with the skill like "everytime an inscetoide spawn, summon or be played in this row, boost self by one". So it will trigger when ruehin drops in that row, also will combine with Arachas Behemoth, Endrega Queen, Endrega Eggs spawning theyr drones and, of course, with all the other insectoids playing by hand
Demon isn't a MO tag though. So I wish I had your confidence but I've watched them strip MO away bit by bit for months...in fact since Crimson Curse MO hasn't been very competitive except for Ethereal which wasn't even a MO card. The echo was a fail and Frost continues to struggle. So I have lost all faith that the devs have "plans". So far I just see them throw things out there and hope something works, then patch it 3 or 4 times. Ethereal wasn't even intentional, if it was they would have changed Caranthir along with the expansion not afterwards.

Guest 4368268

I'm not gonna even touch pro rank this season (again) as I'm 99% sure it's just the same thing as last month with in the first week a little bit of experimentation with the cards that got tweaked. It's frustrating to see how whenever an expansion rolls around they've no problem introducing incredibly strong concepts to this game that plague it for months but when touching existing cards with a close to 0% playrate (often for over a year) they're so hesitant to touch them in a meaningful manner and they're like 'here's one extra point/provision, our work here is done'

Expansions sell, I get it all from a marketing point of view, but it's all very cynical when you think about it. So much of the cardpool is absolutely useless and will continue to be while they're soon gonna pump anywhere between fifty and a hundred new cards into the game that they will actually bother thinking about.

It's the same cycle every time. The game is completely stale and then an expansion hits which is interesting but creates a broken meta because they always overtune something and then by the time they 'fix it' you've seen so much of the same few things that it feels stale again after a month or maybe two months. That's my experience anyways. They've so much they can already work with, so many existing archetypes that people have cool ideas for and present them on their social media channels, but they get neglected in favor of the 'safer options' that don't threaten the infamous design space.

Top Bottom