Does your lifepath decide V's Attitude?

+
So I'm wanting to play Corpo, but I'm concerned this will make him an asshole throughout the game. So what I'm wonder is if this is the case or do our actions influence Vs attitude?

Unless I am VERY much mistaken, your origin will change dialogue options so far as only adding new ones in certain situations. It won't completely change all your dialogue through the entire game. That would be a LOT of work for both the writers and VO artists.

However, it SEEMS that V is kinda an asshole anyway. I may be (and hope I am) proven wrong about that last bit though. I'd like to not constantly follow every dialogue option I make with V saying "you shithead" to the person I'm talking to.

Guest 4416959

Unless I am VERY much mistaken, your origin will change dialogue options so far as only adding new ones in certain situations. It won't completely change all your dialogue through the entire game. That would be a LOT of work for both the writers and VO artists.

However, it SEEMS that V is kinda an asshole anyway. I may be (and hope I am) proven wrong about that last bit though. I'd like to not constantly follow every dialogue option I make with V saying "you shithead" to the person I'm talking to.

Do you know if you can still select your character's sex? Will that have any significant bearing on gameplay and dialogue?

Thanks.

Do you know if you can still select your character's sex? Will that have any significant bearing on gameplay and dialogue?
You can choose a body type and then genitals after that during character creation. I imagine it will not have much barring on the dialogue/gameplay as people will probably refer to you either by name ("V") or by a title/nickname of some sort. You can proposition people and have sexual encounters during the game, but I don't believe it will change much outside those scenes.

Guest 4416959

You can choose a body type and then genitals after that during character creation. I imagine it will not have much barring on the dialogue/gameplay as people will probably refer to you either by name ("V") or by a title/nickname of some sort. You can proposition people and have sexual encounters during the game, but I don't believe it will change much outside those scenes.

Thanks! I have one more question! Will the collector's edition of the game have more in-game content than the regular version, or are they the same?

Thanks again.

Will the collector's edition of the game have more in-game content than the regular version, or are they the same?
To my knowledge (and a quick google search to double check and confirm), there are no in-game extras that come with the Collector's Edition. The only difference is real-world goodies and collector items.

I agree with the "adding dialog options" thing.

But I'm hoping that you can choose whether youre a "nice person" or an "asshole" regardless of the origin. The thing that bugged me in W3 was the lack of meaningful dialog outside the main story missions. In the sidemissions the dialog was literally like
1. Yes 2. Tell me more 3. Tell me more.
In CP2077 I hope I can at least instill some PERSONALITY to what I'm saying to the NPCs.

Thanks! I have one more question! Will the collector's edition of the game have more in-game content than the regular version, or are they the same?

Thanks again.

I can confirm that the collectors edition and regular edition are exactly the same product.

CDPR doesn't believe in the common practice of these days where games are chopped into pieces and you have 6 different editions of a game. They thought and I agree, that it just confuses the customer and in my opinion looks greedy.

More often than not the game is made complete but some features/quests are paywalled just to make a buck
The collector edition does have the figurine and some extra goodies.

So I'm wanting to play Corpo, but I'm concerned this will make him an asshole throughout the game. So what I'm wonder is if this is the case or do our actions influence Vs attitude?
I personally don't agree with the idea that V acts like a jerk or @$$H013 Lol
If you watch the gameplay very very closely, there are hidden reasons in plain sight all over the place as to why V is acting the way that they do, and how it's actually justified, or rather, just the smart thing to do considering the situation they are currently in. It's actually very interesting upon further analysis.

My guess is that V is going to come off as abrasive to us due to the nature of his world.

as far as being an asshole goes, I feel like that’s player choice. In the corpo intro when V steps out of the craft you, as the player, can make V intimidate the basketball players. You can pick the dialogue that makes V an arrogant dickhead that treats the Mox security like a valet.

in summary, V will probably come off as unpleasant due to the difference between his world and ours. The player can turn that unpleasantness into douche-ness if they want.

Keive

Forum regular
I could see V's attitude changing based of lifepath, but the question is to what extent because so far they have sounded like a jerk lol.
I wish we could see some "nice" dialog from V, in some sort of way.

Well I have a theory. Perhaps it's your "Childhood Hero" that determines your attitude. You can choose between Johny Silverhand, Morgan Blackhand, and Nobou Arasaka.

Nobou would have V act like a complete dick, Johnny would have you act like an asshole, and Morgan would have you act like a stand up guy.

You can choose a body type and then genitals after that during character creation. I imagine it will not have much barring on the dialogue/gameplay as people will probably refer to you either by name ("V") or by a title/nickname of some sort.
You also choose your voice type masculine or feminine, this will dictate how some NPC will refer to you he/she him /her . But as everyone has said the male or female just gives you different and I think in some cases unique dialogue options.

I am hoping the Nice guy or Ahole is based on your actions.

I personally don't agree with the idea that V acts like a jerk or @$$H013 Lol
If you watch the gameplay very very closely, there are hidden reasons in plain sight all over the place as to why V is acting the way that they do, and how it's actually justified, or rather, just the smart thing to do considering the situation they are currently in. It's actually very interesting upon further analysis.
Seriously, I really insist with great enthusiasm that people read into my breakdown of V's logic and reasoning and behavior, it's really an interesting read. Disagree with me, or agree, or whatever. I don't care as long as fun good conversation comes out of it. In fact I'm very curious to see what everyone has to say. :shrug:

If they do this like how well-regarded AAA RPGs do it (for me it'd be Dragon Age Origins and Mass Effect), Lifepaths would only give V extra dialogue options, but his/her personality remains largely unaffected. Rather, it is defined by his/her dialogue choices throughout the game, not just the one s/he made in the beginning

You also choose your voice type masculine or feminine, this will dictate how some NPC will refer to you he/she him /her . But as everyone has said the male or female just gives you different and I think in some cases unique dialogue options.

I am hoping the Nice guy or Ahole is based on your actions.
Oh! So characters will refer to your character by a specific gender instead of a title, name, or gender-neutral term? I was under the impression that they'd go the gender neutral/title route as to have less dialogue to record and allow for NB characters and the like.

Well I'd have to recall all of your comments. It's been a while. However here are a few that come to the top of my head.

You don't, or didn't, think he acted like a jerk. The scene where he goes to Moxies he acts like a pretty big jerk. When playing to Corpo run he acts like a jerk throughout almost every scene.

I think you argued that he might come across as negative due to the environment he was raised in (Could have been someone else). That's fine so long as his Lifepath determines it. If he is only a jerk (hopefully an attitude which the players has "some" control over if not full I'd be fine with that) in the corporate background that'd be fine. If he were a bit of a dick as a streetkid that'd be fine, so long as he can be a good 'ol boy as a nomad. That would be some nuance I wouldn't mind. So long as we have a "degree" of control with those different attitudes. I don't think simply being in this setting should automatically give someone a bad attitude. I've lived in bad situations my whole life and I'm pretty close to the epitome of couth. Compared to most. I have laxed up a bit in my older years, however that's pretty much using words like "bitch, dick, fuck, and ass" though seldom and only in proper context.

So that's what's coming to mind right now.

Top Bottom