Insane Grind for Journey Cosmetics with 175 Levels?

+
When I bought Ciri's journey, I didn't even know that there was an extra skin at level 160! If someone doesn't check the contracts, it just... hides! I seriously don't like what's happening here, and not just because of the insane grind...

I didn't read the forum for a long time. But now I just read about the mid-season RP change. I just read here that the seasonal trees aren't coming back - and, as you can buy the old ones in the store, I don't have to think twice where this decision comes from if it's true. And now there was this change about the kegs which also slows down your progress... I've seen these kinds of tactics, but not from these guys, not from CD Project Red...

The GWENT team needs to be reminded of why people love CDPR.
"We leave greed to others."

I wonder what changed... But one thing's for sure, this Journey is a huge letdown, and I seriously doubt that I will pay for the next one - especially if they don't stop with these new money-grabbing technics.

14 round wins per day for well rested bonus can become really draining, and this is coming from someone who loves playing Gwent. I'm relatively new to Gwent so I like testing new decks, but have often found myself playing unranked or seasonal hoping for quick wins or forfeits to finish my well rested bonus. The grind was still less noticeable in September because I fared very well in Seasonal with my NR +2 engine deck, but the issue is at the forefront with Switcheroo since RNG plays a much bigger role.

Regardless of the "ease" of Seasonal/unranked, I think requiring multiple hours of gameplay for daily rewards is not a good direction for a game to take. You're going to see a lot of burnout and people quitting altogether. I second the suggestion of just having RP awards for the extended journey. As soon as you put contracts or cosmetic awards at level 175 you know the completionists will be grinding every day, and these are the people you don't want to lose to burnout.

So... I'm not sure if anyone encounters the same issue like me, which is some weekly quest that I've completed available again for me to complete for 2nd time.

For example, currently I'm at week 8, but some quest from week 5 or 6 available again and I can start to complete those quests incrementally up till my current week 8.

I'm not sure if it's bug or not. Because of this, I was able to boost from my original level 35 journey to currently 135 now which few grinding and complete quests. This was happened to both the standard quest and premium quest.

So... I'm not sure if anyone encounters the same issue like me, which is some weekly quest that I've completed available again for me to complete for 2nd time.

For example, currently I'm at week 8, but some quest from week 5 or 6 available again and I can start to complete those quests incrementally up till my current week 8.

I'm not sure if it's bug or not. Because of this, I was able to boost from my original level 35 journey to currently 135 now which few grinding and complete quests. This was happened to both the standard quest and premium quest.

It's a bug clearly, the quests are not meant to be done twice. Be careful or they could ban your account (although the error is theirs) :beer:

Wow sounds like a really big bug, but at least it answers the question of this topic, it's not insane grind if you can complete quests twice :D

Must be only you, lucky!

I'm a new player, paid for Premium and a number of Fast travels. Now I'm shocked to find out that there is a bunch of cosmetics locked behind dozens of levels of grind, and I don't see any option to Fast travel there. If developers' goal was to make people pay more, well, here I am, take my money, hello?! It's already preposterous to put the most rewarding cometics behind the standard Journey length, but on top of that it makes zero sense to not give you an option of paying to skip 75 levels of grind. I thought there will be additional keys and resources past 100, which is a comforting incentive but not a demanding one, and now I'm utterly flabbergasted.

I'm a new player, paid for Premium and a number of Fast travels. Now I'm shocked to find out that there is a bunch of cosmetics locked behind dozens of levels of grind, and I don't see any option to Fast travel there. If developers' goal was to make people pay more, well, here I am, take my money, hello?! It's already preposterous to put the most rewarding cometics behind the standard Journey length, but on top of that it makes zero sense to not give you an option of paying to skip 75 levels of grind. I thought there will be additional keys and resources past 100, which is a comforting incentive but not a demanding one, and now I'm utterly flabbergasted.
In the beginning of the journey I thought it would be okay to have some cosmetics gated beyond lvl100 but that turned out to be a lil bit too much.

A lot of people have been burned out from the grind and the "casual" mode is full of meta decks since people are trying to farm efficiently which imo is reasonable.

What is your journey lvl atm..?
You might still be able to make it if you grind hard...
Each week you earn 6 levels from quests (regular 'n premium) and 8 from using all "rested" bonus (14crowns per day) x 7.

In the beginning of the journey I thought it would be okay to have some cosmetics gated beyond lvl100 but that turned out to be a lil bit too much.

A lot of people have been burned out from the grind and the "casual" mode is full of meta decks since people are trying to farm efficiently which imo is reasonable.

What is your journey lvl atm..?
You might still be able to make it if you grind hard...
Each week you earn 6 levels from quests (regular 'n premium) and 8 from using all "rested" bonus (14crowns per day) x 7.
I'm Journey 102 currently. Weekly quests 33/36 both. I know nothing about the rested bonus you mentioned, but in any case I usually play a couple times a week at most, when all daily quests accumulate and I can blast through all of them at once. It becomes such a chore if the game demands you to play every day for hours on end. Many people simply don't have so much spare time or appetite for that, me included.
Indeed, seems everybody's farming. Waiting is about four times longer for me in Standard mode right now, Switcheroo is probably more dynamic and fun, easier to earn points.

rrc

Forum veteran
I'm Journey 102 currently. Weekly quests 33/36 both. I know nothing about the rested bonus you mentioned, but in any case I usually play a couple times a week at most, when all daily quests accumulate and I can blast through all of them at once. It becomes such a chore if the game demands you to play every day for hours on end. Many people simply don't have so much spare time or appetite for that, me included.
Indeed, seems everybody's farming. Waiting is about four times longer for me in Standard mode right now, Switcheroo is probably more dynamic and fun, easier to earn points.
At this point, I have to tell you that, unfortunately you wont be able to get the Scarlet Ronin Skin of various other trinklets even if you are willing to spend money since, as you observed, fast travel is only available till Level 100. This is the first time these things were implemented and may be this is a oversight. May be the next journey will be more flexible and you may be able to do Fast Journey after Level 100.

Journey's grind cannot be stated enough. I'm averaging 2 hours gameplay per day to get my well rested bonus! Another side affect is that Casual is no longer casual and instead full of netdecks tryharding to get their well rested bonuses.

Congratulations CDPR, you have 1) drastically reduced number of fun decks in casual and 2) created a 2 HOURS PER DAY grind that lasts for 100 days! This isn't even the first journey so I'm genuinely baffled how such an insane grind seemed feasible to the decision makers.

I've invested too much into journey to give up on daily bonuses now, but if the next journey requires even 1 hour of gameplay per day I'll be reconsidering playing this game altogether.

rrc

Forum veteran
This isn't even the first journey so I'm genuinely baffled how such an insane grind seemed feasible to the decision makers.
The first journey had max 100 levels and all the trinklets were confined to 100 levels. After the journey was over, the rewards were not planned and there was a mess. To handle this, they have extended the journey to go beyond L100, and at the same time, they have done this unthinkable mess of locking trinklets post L100.

But you are right. If the next journey has trinklets beyound L100, I wont even buy the premium path as this is just pretty daunting.. Unless...

So, just as an info: I wasn't trying hard this Journey, just played as much as I liked, mostly getting the full well rested bonus every day. Also getting the free and the paid quests: Right now I'm at 164, so I guess, I should get to Level 175 until it's over.

So, just as an info: I wasn't trying hard this Journey, just played as much as I liked, mostly getting the full well rested bonus every day. Also getting the free and the paid quests: Right now I'm at 164, so I guess, I should get to Level 175 until it's over.

The system is okay if you have aproximately 2 hours on your hand to play every day, no one's denying that, but being able to play everyday no matter what is kindah hard if you're busy irl.
This wouldn't be an issue if journey lvl100+ cosmetics were avaliable for purchase with money, imo you'd see less people "hard grinding" with meta decks on casual mode.

Being able to pay all the way to the top (lvl175) would make journey lvl100+ cosmetics feel less rewarding imo, since you wouldn't even sweat to get em though... one's gotta ask...how much different is that compared to what was offered with this journey..?
...being able to pay up to lvl100 and then have all the time in the world to take it as easy as you want.
I believe that It's one and the same with the difference that on the first journey you didn't feel that you had to pay for a boost and people would be less inclined to play top tier meta decks to be able to farm fast and efficiently. You might get a boost of game activity daily but if it's all about grinding then... meh ! :giveup:

...being able to pay up to lvl100 and then have all the time in the world to take it as easy as you want.

Perhaps some people did pay anyway.
For example paying for first 50 levels would provide enough extra points from quests to advance to 170 lvl

I reached level 175 yesterday and made the last quests today. Now I am at level 181. It was an insane grind, played every day until well rested bonus was 0. It was Hard and at the end I not really enjoyed the game... Burnt out, I think. Now I can rest. I don't know if I wanna play Gwent this week (month?).

I'm really disappointed that the developers decided to add 75 more levels to Ciri's journey and to put the best cosmetic items in there. For most normal workers, 175 levels are simply not feasible. If you have other obligations such as family, children and a household, you can forget it right away. For me it feels like a slap in the face. Even though I bought the premium status, I just reached level 101 and now I only have 14 days left for 74 levels. That's impossible! Even to reach level 100, I played 1-3 hours every day. There is simply no more. I've been playing Gwent since the first hour and I loved it. This time I can only shake my head. Sure, there should be incentives to keep playing after 100, but not like this. The many bonus keys from the successes alone would have done the trick. I can imagine that especially younger players can't understand it. But please take a look at the situation of the players who cannot play indefinitely (including the developers).

I hope that you still decide that you can earn the cosmetic rewards afterwards. Anything else would be a real disaster! If you are already paying money, you should at least be able to earn all the unique rewards in time.

English is not my native language. I hope you understand what I mean. (Translated with www.DeepL.com)

I'm really disappointed that the developers decided to add 75 more levels to Ciri's journey and to put the best cosmetic items in there.
I've already stated my opinions regarding the immense level of grinding required in order to reach level 175 within just 3 months, namely that I agree with nearly everyone else about it being excessive. However, it's a gross exaggeration to say that the best cosmetics are unlocked after level 100. It's mostly just unrelated Japanese accessories, and all of the unique things like coins and card backs are unlocked much earlier.

So, ive just finished the last of my journey quests (both standard and premium), yet i only got the contract from the standard.

@4RM3D
@Draconifors

Sorry to bother you guys but i cant find the thread to report bugs from this Journey, i think there was one. Also im not sure if i should report this by sending a ticket to support.

I only bought the Journey pass recently, and my counter on Extended Journey Quests is at 6/36, which are the ones i did after i bought the pass, but when i did all extended quests from week 1-10 were already completed.

Top Bottom