Inventory size, Holsters/Belts/Straps/Backpacks, Weapon concealment - immersion elements

+

Which type of character inventory do you prefer?

• 1. A more realistic inventory with several weapons at hand

Votes: 38 67.9%
  • 2. Classical RPG inventories with large arsenals

Votes: 12 21.4%
  • 3. Something else - explain in the comments

Votes: 6 10.7%

• Total voters
Sounds like it's just the normal rpg way, not the "tactical immersion" inventory.

From the sounds of it you can carry any amount of weapons up to the weight limit bit have 3 *equipped * not a limit of carrying 3 weapons.
That depends upon how realistic weight limit is...
But I guess you may be right.
Even a single rocket launcher crammed into a backpack isn't realistic... Let alone a number of them.

I'd argue that such large weapons(rpgs, heavy machine guns, anti-materiel rifles) should be impossible to conceal and would have to be carried visibly attached to some belt, lock-in holster/whatever, and therefore they should either take up a weapon slot, or remain in the car trunk. Backpack not being an option.
But that's just my cup of tea. Gameplay wise I can see that some would like more liberty at realism's expense.

That depends upon how realistic weight limit is...
But I guess you may be right.
Even a single rocket launcher crammed into a backpack isn't realistic... Let alone a number of them.

I'd argue that such large weapons(rpgs, heavy machine guns, anti-materiel rifles) should be impossible to conceal and would have to be carried visibly attached to some belt, lock-in holster/whatever, and therefore they should either take up a weapon slot, or remain in the car trunk. Backpack not being an option.
But that's just my cup of tea. Gameplay wise I can see that some would like more liberty at realism's expense.

But what if you didn't have anywhere to strap you rpg and in the middle of a mission feel like just blowing shit up?

But what if you didn't have anywhere to strap you rpg and in the middle of a mission feel like just blowing shit up?
Assign your newly found RPG to a weapon slot (1/3), and move the current weapon into the backpack.
If all 3 weapon slots are taken up by large weapons, then you'd have to compromise and send one of them into storage.

Large weapons with heavy firepower holding down a weapon slot (unless being left in the car) is an inconvenience I'd be willing to take for the sake of better immersion and loadout planning.

I'm a big fan of KCD and something like that would be convenient. Hopefully we won't have to relive the good times of being over encumbered walking ever so slowly back down the hill in the dark to the miller's.

I like the recycle method used in System Shock, and copied in Prey, where random items can be salvaged quickly for materials. I thought I saw that they were considering a quick salvage kinda mechanism for junk.

I am really looking forward to the crafting and I hope we will be able to carry lots of materials and components.
As long as it's impossible to accidentally recycle something I didn't want to recycle. :oops:

As long as it's impossible to accidentally recycle something I didn't want to recycle. :oops:
Yes, maybe there can be options to salvage all "uncomnon, common, rare and legendary" separately.

I wonder if one of the weapon slots will be designated as a sidearm slot, like Far Cry. This way we can have something to shoot while driving, though the recent teaser suggests that maybe smart weapons can be fired while driving.

Yes, maybe there can be options to salvage all "uncomnon, common, rare and legendary" separately.

I wonder if one of the weapon slots will be designated as a sidearm slot, like Far Cry. This way we can have something to shoot while driving, though the recent teaser suggests that maybe smart weapons can be fired while driving.
It would be nice to have a smart weapon directly equipped into the car so that I don't have to modify my characters gear setup.

Throwing knives or the nanowire, while driving :) That'd be pretty cool. Guess we'll find out in a few hours!

I think there are pros and cons to both. Having only a couple weapons show up on your person can be immersive (The Last of Us, looking at you). But it can also look silly if there is a gun on your characters back with no strap or visual indication of how it's being held there other than "it's a video game". That can also be immersion-breaking. And yes, I know the game is first person, that was just an example.

I expect it might be like Deus Ex, where you can carry a lot of guns, but doing so significantly cuts down on the number of consumables and other items you can hold.

I'll probably be happy either way to be honest. Inventory method is far less important to me than the interface. I want to be able to see a model, or at least a picture, of each item I scroll past in my inventory. I don't just want a list of names and icons.

Top Bottom