Night City Wire - Media, News & Previews - links and discussion

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember that guy we meet at a dinner too? Gaunter O Dimm. Yeah... We better watch out for that fixer in Night City
Do you think he looks or sounds like Gaunter O'Dimm? A lot of people felt that Inspector Stints of the NCPD looked like em.

@Alfa1561

Yes.

It did reminded me so much of him when I saw him talking to V, offering him a proposition for his life in order to install upgrades and have the full life V is chasing after.

Quite fallows very closely as to what Gounter O Dim offer Geralt, seeing he has to pay for something by giving something of him.

I remember Gounter O Dim telling Geralt this: "I give folks what they asked for" Very simbolical if you ask me.

When this fixer in the teaser uses very close words in significance, making such propositions to V, like he wants to own V, by giving him favors with upgrades, money, cars etc. A favor for a favor?

That was my first take away the second I watch "The Diner". He could look like or don't look like him, but Gounter O Dim persona might be a replication of ideas in night city with these people trying to own other people's lives by offering shady deals.

Does anyone know the music they used for NCW#4 cosplay contest winners presentation? Shazam fails me, and it's such a nice tune!

That was my first take away the second I watch "The Diner". He could look like or don't look like him, but Gounter O Dim persona might be a replication of ideas in night city with these people trying to own other people's lives by offering shady deals.

Or writers might simply re-use tropes from the Witcher, same for Stint's face, Re-used assets. CDPR is really big on re-using stuff, thats how they get the installation sizes small, etc.

What was notable about the Diner trailer, was that V didn't have any cybernetics on his face. This implies that the moment happens very early in time. We had heard from the people who played the hands on demo, that at least Street kid V doesn't actually grow up in Night city. They live elsewhere (can't remember the city - Atlanta? Detroit? Something like that) and then move to Night city. This trailer might show where someone talks V into travelling to Night City. Whether its some kind of flashback, I dont know.

Does anyone know the music they used for NCW#4 cosplay contest winners presentation? Shazam fails me, and it's such a nice tune!

Cyberpunk 2077 uses entirely original music made just for this game throughout, not licensed music. So the reason you can't find the tunes is because they are not out yet.

About Night Wire 4
I missed cars/motorcycle with more futuristic designs.. perhaps CD add in future DLCs? :sad:

pfqe0a4msgt51.jpg

Last edited:
When do we get to see the video of the CDPR team hanging out at strip clubs and rummaging through garbage dumps, recording sights and sounds for the betterment of the game?

I actually hope they hanged around some shaddy places to get the feel right.

Feel free to enlighten me as to what else indicates that CDPR is intending to appeal to the GTA audience.
Advertising focusing on "criminal" "firefight" "cars".
Trailers being action focused.
Ressources being spend heavily in the "action".
RPG and lore "but" being removed to appeal more to casual players: flawless cyberware (at least for the player), one man army V, etc...

About Night Wire 4
I missed cars/motorcycle with more futuristic designs.. perhaps CD add in future DLCs? :sad:

View attachment 11063588

These look cool af, but they're more of the TRON style rather than the Mike Pondsmith style of futurism.

In one of the developer interviews, CDPR said they originally designed things like weapons that incorporated a lot of flashy neon and chrome, but Mike Pondsmith saw them and said that they should rather be gritty and dark according to his vision of the Cyberpunk universe, and so CDPR redesigned them. I think this also applies to cars. The bugatti sports car definitely pushes toward other types of futurism, but too much in that direction would maybe not fit the direction of cyberpunk.

These look cool af, but they're more of the TRON style rather than the Mike Pondsmith style of futurism.

In one of the developer interviews, CDPR said they originally designed things like weapons that incorporated a lot of flashy neon and chrome, but Mike Pondsmith saw them and said that they should rather be gritty and dark according to his vision of the Cyberpunk universe, and so CDPR redesigned them. I think this also applies to cars. The bugatti sports car definitely pushes toward other types of futurism, but too much in that direction would maybe not fit the direction of cyberpunk.
Agree, while these designs look nice, i think they're more fitting to some sort of utopian Sci-fi rather than a dystopian one

I don't think that some futuristic options would be a problem..
Anyway, most cars seem to come from Rage and Forza.
I also don't think it's a perfect Cyberpunk vision. :shrug:

Summary of the post NCW show interview with Miles Tost:

- all four visual styles (Kitsch, Neokitsch, Enthropism and Neomilitarism) were the foundations upon which they based the design of the entire world, not only explaining their presence via city's history, but also extending them to even minor elements of it, like a different looks for phones and vending machines, based on which period of time they were manufactured, in which region of the city they are used, etc.

- as they already said, day and night cycle affects the number of people on the streets of NC and people will react to the weather changes by, for example, pulling out their umbrellas. During the rain we will be able to see puddles forming on the streets, which will then dry up after the sun comes back

- regarding the question whether there will be places which we will be able to reach only by using the cyberware which allows us to perform double or charged jump, he responded that he believes there will be always some other path leading to every place on the levels, but we can use those type of augmentations to find a shortcut through it or to position ourselves properly for, for example, an aerial takedown, however it's possible we might come across such places in the open world

- to steal the car one need high enough Body stat (for taking the drivers out of the moving vehicle) or Tech stat (to break into locked vehicles). We won't be able to add stolen cars to our collection, in order to expand it we will need to get the cars through other means (like buying them or receiving them as a reward). Later we can use a menu to select which of the vehicles from our collection we want to call (like Roach)

- they don't have many options to modify the car appearance in-game, but they designed a large amount of different version of it, which won't just differ in terms of looks, but also in terms of performance

- we can freely mix and match various clothing styles, but there will be also a certain set of clothes, which we might be required to wear during certain quests (like the suits which we can see Jackie and V wear in The Gig trailer)

- as they stated before, flying vehicles will be usable only during a certain moments, mostly because modifying the whole existing content around them would be a nightmare for the design team

- regarding the music in the game, there won't be much in the way of background music during the exploration, because during those sections they wanted to build the atmosphere through the sounds of the city, but it will appear during combat and important moments. Most of the gangs have their own battle themes playing during confrontations

- there might appear some platforming sections, mostly related to specific paths, so they won't be mandatory

- there will be a special vehicles and items, which we might have only one chance to get during our playthrough

- when it comes to the possibility of obtaining cyberware from the bodies, long time they said no to that, but then they started to think about it a lot in terms of balance and so on, until they decided that ultimately it will be possible in a certain scenarios

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom