Welcome Thread [Archive]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wanna ask about Ciri's journey rewards after 160 lvl. Red kimono is the last reward or we can get some more customizations for Ciri? I just got 160 lvl and I want to rest from Gwent for a bit, but i won't if there is more customizations. Don't care about keys, just ask about any hidden customizations. Did anyone know?
Sorry for my poor english :cry:
gwent.jpg

Greetings,

I want to purchase/pre-order the game - and I PC:
On the website it says:

CYBERPUNK 2077
THE GAME COMES WITH THE FOLLOWING PHYSICAL ITEMS:
  • CASE WITH GAME DISCS
  • CASE WITH GAME CODE AND SOUNDTRACK CDS (PC)
  • REVERSIBLE COVER
  • WORLD COMPENDIUM DETAILING THE GAME’S SETTING AND LORE
  • POSTCARDS FROM NIGHT CITY
  • MAP OF NIGHT CITY
  • STICKERS

BUT
If I buy from GOG directly and support the developers 100% it doesnt say there is a CD.

When I go to the store in USA it is called Best Buy , it tells me that:

• Become a cyberpunk an urban mercenary equipped with cybernetic enhancements and build your legend on the streets of night city
  • Enter the massive open world of Night City, a place that sets new standards in terms of visuals, complexity and depth
  • Take the riskiest job of your life and go after a prototype implant that is the key to immortality
  • The game comes with the following physical items: Case with game code and soundtrack CDs, World Compendium detailing the game's setting and lore, postcards from Night City, map of Night City, stickers
  • Digital goodies included: Game soundtrack, art booklet featuring a selection of art from the game, Cyberpunk 2020 sourcebook, wallpapers for desktop and mobile.
So it also doesnt have a CD either.

BUT

GAMESTOP:

• Case with game discs
  • World Compendium detailing the game’s setting and lore
  • Postcards from Night City
  • Map of Night City
  • Stickers

I am correct that the only way to purchase on a CD is by buying it from GAMESTOP only? Could someone please tell me if the game comes on a CD/DVD if I purchase it from GOG? So, to make it clear, to purchase the GAME CD/DVD I can only purchase/preorder it from GAMESTOP?

Simply said:
I do not want to purchase code only for PC, where do I buy the actual physical game media from?

Thank you for your help on this matter.

Greetings,

I want to purchase/pre-order the game - and I PC:
On the website it says:

CYBERPUNK 2077
  • CASE WITH GAME DISCS
  • CASE WITH GAME CODE AND SOUNDTRACK CDS (PC)
  • REVERSIBLE COVER
  • WORLD COMPENDIUM DETAILING THE GAME’S SETTING AND LORE
  • POSTCARDS FROM NIGHT CITY
  • MAP OF NIGHT CITY
  • STICKERS

BUT
If I buy from GOG directly and support the developers 100% it doesnt say there is a CD.

When I go to the store in USA it is called Best Buy , it tells me that:

• Become a cyberpunk an urban mercenary equipped with cybernetic enhancements and build your legend on the streets of night city
  • Enter the massive open world of Night City, a place that sets new standards in terms of visuals, complexity and depth
  • Take the riskiest job of your life and go after a prototype implant that is the key to immortality
  • The game comes with the following physical items: Case with game code and soundtrack CDs, World Compendium detailing the game's setting and lore, postcards from Night City, map of Night City, stickers
  • Digital goodies included: Game soundtrack, art booklet featuring a selection of art from the game, Cyberpunk 2020 sourcebook, wallpapers for desktop and mobile.
So it also doesnt have a CD either.

BUT

GAMESTOP:

• Case with game discs
  • World Compendium detailing the game’s setting and lore
  • Postcards from Night City
  • Map of Night City
  • Stickers

I am correct that the only way to purchase on a CD is by buying it from GAMESTOP only? Could someone please tell me if the game comes on a CD/DVD if I purchase it from GOG? So, to make it clear, to purchase the GAME CD/DVD I can only purchase/preorder it from GAMESTOP?

Simply said:
I do not want to purchase code only for PC, where do I buy the actual physical game media from?

Thank you for your help on this matter.

Availability at various vendors likely depends on your area, but I do know that boxed editions are limited. As far as I know, when they're gone, that's it.

Unless I'm mistaken, there will be disks included in console versions of the game, but I'm not sure that's the case for PC versions.

Availability at various vendors likely depends on your area, but I do know that boxed editions are limited. As far as I know, when they're gone, that's it.

Unless I'm mistaken, there will be disks included in console versions of the game, but I'm not sure that's the case for PC versions.

So PC version of the game does or does not have a physical game CD in it? Because if there is no CD/DVD for the game, I will not buy it - no matter how it pains me. Not everyone has fast internet. Would be extremely ironic from a copy named RedCD not to provide actual game. I also have a collection of game, because i bought a physical copy, I can still enjoy it decades later!

As a consumer we need to take a stand, and stop supporting bad practices. Not providing physical copy is a marketing ploy do deprive consumers from a product or possession of it.

I will not pay money for a AAA game without getting physical copy of it. This sham must end. Looks like they have no problems making CDs (audio and etc) but not for the game itself. If that is true. They should not be surprised when people will not purchase their game and then look for alternative means. You wouldn't purchase a degitial code for a car would you?

Cost? They can charge 10 dollars/eu more for it--- but that is not the issue, since they have no problem making special edition one for much higher price.

To disappointing. I hope they change the practice and give option people to buy physical copy.
Post automatically merged:

As a consumer we need to take a stand, and stop supporting bad practices. Not providing physical copy is a marketing ploy do deprive consumers from a product or possession of it.

Okay, I have to step in here. I can understand that some users still don't have a fast internet connection and downloading a 100GB game would be arduous because of it. However, you also have to look at it from the other side. More and more media is going digital only. The majority of games don't even have a physical release anymore. It's not a sham, a marketing ploy or bad practice. It's simple just becoming less necessary to release physical media.

You wouldn't purchase a degitial code for a car would you?

Are you taking a stab at the piracy warning of yore?

Thank you for clarifying they will not make a physical media for the PC game. That does answer the question.

"It's not a sham, a marketing ploy or bad practice. It's simple just becoming less necessary to release physical media. "

Strange because both Xbox and PS4/5 have downloading capabilities for games as well. It is a sham or bad practice.

PS4 has physical media:
(https://www.target.com/p/cyberpunk-2077-playstation-4/-/A-77332707)
Specifications
Model Compatibility: PlayStation 4
ESRB Content Description: Use of drugs and alcohol, Strong Sexual Content, strong language, Nudity, intense violence, blood and gore
Also Available On: Xbox One
Electronics Condition: New
Video Game Genre: Action/Adventure
Software Format: Blu-ray

--
XBOX has physical media:
: (https://www.bestbuy.com/site/cyberp...box-one-xbox-series-x/6255136.p?skuId=6255136)

Key Specs
  • Edition
    Standard Edition
  • ESRB Rating
    Info
    M (Mature 17+)
  • ESRB Descriptors
    Info
    Descriptors Pending
  • Compatible Platform(s)
    Xbox One, Xbox Series X
  • Software Format
    Info
    Physical

I hope CD project reconsiders its decision and provide physical media for PC gamers. Again, if it cost more, then charge more, that is how it should have done. That is what they did when they made special edition boxes, when most games don't do it. They charged it more. That is notwithstanding the trend you cited (which is correct) which is: "More and more media is going digital only. The majority of games don't even have a physical release anymore." Taking choices away from consumer never benefits consumers. This company can choose to be a follower or a leader. Because they follow trends, it doesn't make it less of a sham or bad practice. It just shifts their bad decision and responsibilities on others. (I understand it was your reflection on reality, but it is not a valid reason to take away options from consumers.)

Finally, I had to look up "yore" and learned a new word. Thank you. Yes, it is an old(?) phrase that companies used to make in movie theaters before movie would start. It was an illogical argument, used to oppress and brain wash people into believing that it should not be an option to have media in digital format (ironic how it is flipped now.) while not providing any legal means themselves to such an option. People voted with their actions against "you can have any color car you want, as long as it is black." Consumer strongly boycotted (rebelled) against such dictatorial monopolies and MPAA/RIAA. When they finally, and after dragging their feet and fighting tooth and nail against providing digital options for years, provided digital format, they made hundreds of billions of dollars from giving more options to consumers how to purchase products ( NETFLIX, HULU, DISNEY+, iTunes and etc. )

Trajectory of dictatorship and revolutions mirrors oppressive monopolies and consumers. Democracy flourish from choice, so do great companies. I would like this company to be great and a leader. Not a follower with disingenuous marketing ploys.

Again, I hope this company does give people a choice to purchase physical media for PC game. Just charge more, if it costs more. They still have time.

Because they follow trends, it doesn't make it less of a sham or bad practice. It just shifts their bad decision and responsibilities on others. (I understand it was your reflection on reality, but it is not a valid reason to take away options from consumers.)

Well, I can understand your sentiment, as I, personally, miss the nicely boxed games from the 1990s and the ability to have physical disks to keep. (I do not miss the clutter at all. :p )

But I also think it's easy to superimpose our personal "feelings" on a situation in such a way that our arguments over subjective concerns become unbalanced and unfair. The part I've quoted above pretty much targets the crux of why most distribution is becoming digital over physical copies.

1.) It's not a "trend" anymore -- it's the industry standard. And that's actually an extremely important consideration. Once something becomes a standard, that means that avenues for other methods of production literally vanish. Even if a company wants to do something a certain way...that doesn't mean that they have the option. The services for such things are no longer available.

Point in case:
Let's highlight all of the industries that are required to produce a boxed copy of a game.
  • DVD disk manufacturers to produce the actual blank DVDs and cases
  • Label makers
  • A suite of computers capable of burning hundreds, thousands, or even tens of thousands of DVDs
  • Printing companies to print the manuals, box art, etc.
  • A warehouse with both the space and interest in storing / moving the product
  • Shipping companies to transfer the product from warehouses to vendors
  • Vendors with an interest in stocking such product on their shelves
When this stuff was in it's heyday, it was pretty expensive, but manageable. Now, one cannot really find a lot of industries that can do the above -- at least not in mass quantities anymore -- and what they can do has gotten much more expensive because...there's no longer any demand.

2.) There needs to be a market for it. Remember that any form of physical production is also an investment. If I invest irresponsibly, I harm my business. Fact is, the demand for physical copies of games is extremely low. Most consumers much prefer the convenience of being able to download games from servers. Hence, if I spend the money making copies of the game, the majority will probably sit on store shelves or in my warehouses un-purchased...but I'll still need to pay for their upkeep. If I wind up throwing them away...you can see exactly why this is a concern. That's a lot of money to be wasting on something that there's not even reasonable demand for.

3.) Security. I worked for EB Games in the early 2000s. I was staff at the Prudential Center branch in downtown Boston, the flagship store in Massachusetts. Even as tiny as that place was, we had an enormous amount of business, and our greatest deficit was "shrink". Meaning: stolen product. Believe it or not, stores even back then -- when printing boxed copies was mainstream business -- made almost no money on them. The expense of everything I list above was so great, that a new release at an average of $59.99 would net our store around...$5.00 in profits. That's how expensive it was to print, ship, and stock games under that system. We made almost all of our money in console sales, merchandise like toys and T-shirts and stuff, and used games and systems. And whenever someone stole a game, we'd need to spend around $10.00 to defect the product out and send it back to the studio. If they even allowed that. I'd say we lost about 30% of all potential profit to theft.

Frankly, while the product was cool, the system sucked.

Now, we're in a different place. To simply call those concerns a "sham" is very far off the mark. Believe it or not, most businesses don't try to cheat their customers. It usually means customers get upset because they were cheated and don't contribute future business. But on the same token, you can't make everyone happy, either.

My recommendation to you is to write CDPR directly and ask for a copy of the PC version to be burned to disks. It's not a crazy request. Policy may not allow for it, but you never know until you ask!

Since I can't create a topic I write here.

Since The Witcher (2007), I have been a big fan of CDProjekt Red, which is by far my favorite studio. I have a lot of respect for this studio.

I'm a Linux user like many others. When The Witcher 2 was released on Linux I thought "That's great, if they ported the game to Linux they'll probably keep it going". When The Witcher 3 came out, I was disappointed that there is no Linux port.

With Cyberpunk 2077 announced for Stadia (Linux+Vulkan), I figured there was a real hope to play natively on Linux until I read in an article "The upcoming Cyberpunk 2077 will not support the Linux desktop". I sent a mail to CDProjekt Red, no answer.

So I have a simple question: why Stadia and not a "regular" Linux, Linux players are so unimportant to you?

I was planning to buy the game on GoG, but finally I'm going to buy it on Steam. Valve at least makes an effort for Linux players. So anyway you'll get some of my money ...

Last edited:
Sup Lads, Name's Igor, a sad boi who bought a collector's edition instead of an engagement ring 'coz a girl left him! :D

Got a question to ya'll, namely i bought the CE from Cyberpunk.net, y'know the prepurchase site, and now i'm wondering where would my activation key be, would it be GOG or Steam?

Hi. Can you delete this picture from the loading screen? Picture looks ugly and appears every 20 minutes.
I think this will improve game experience for a lot of players.

Attachments

• weEPscL.jpg
    weEPscL.jpg
    229.3 KB · Views: 39
That would be something you would have to specifically write CDPR about.
Hi. Can you delete this picture from the loading screen? Picture looks ugly and appears every 20 minutes.
I think this will improve game experience for a lot of players.

Hi, I'm trying to decipher the meaning of this thing since I'm trying to enter a code from Alienware that was clearly only for Gwent.

This doesn't make much sense, and it's weird there's an expiration date on this when the description from where I got my key never mentioned there was a time limit. Kind of fortunate that I've caught this first, but apparently time is not on my side.

Screenshot_2020-10-20 GOG com.png

I can kinda guess the second item would be the game, which I obviously already have. I just wanted to be sure, because it looks weird overall.

Last edited:
Hi, I'm trying to decipher the meaning of this thing since I'm trying to enter a code from Alienware that was clearly only for Gwent.

This doesn't make much sense, and it's weird there's an expiration date on this when the description from where I got my key never mentioned there was a time limit. Kind of fortunate that I've caught this first, but apparently time is not on my side.

View attachment 11064083

I can kinda guess the second item would be the game, which I obviously already have. I just wanted to be sure, because it looks weird overall.

Hm. Gwent is free-to-play, so that would not be part of the giveaway...

I'd contact CDPR and see if they know more about the Alienware offer. Would make more sense if it was for kegs or something. Maybe Thronebreaker?

Hello fellow punkers, I am Joseph a.k.a YSFKBDY. I have a question. I want to print for myself three life path posters. I've downloaded free goodies from cyberpunk.net, but I can't find them there. There were four style posters, but I want life path posters. Where can I find them?

Hello fellow punkers, I am Joseph a.k.a YSFKBDY. I have a question. I want to print for myself three life path posters. I've downloaded free goodies from cyberpunk.net, but I can't find them there. There were four style posters, but I want life path posters. Where can I find them?

Great question -- these may have been part of the limited edition art book. I'm not totally sure, though.

Hello all. Gee, that sounds lame. But this is a welcome thread, right?

Any ways, long time gamer here. Gen Xer who started back in TRS-80 and DOS days. Loved the original MMOs including Ultima Online, DAoC, etc., but completely avoided Evercrack. Played almost everything since then, with fond memories of GW2, LOTRO, and more. Got into Diablo and ARPG quite a bit, all the way to PoE for a long time. Sort of burned out on big names and big games, so I've been slumming indie titles for a few years now.

Now that I saw Cyberpunk 2077 being an actual reality and not some vaporware dream, I'm ready to take that plunge... that leap of faith. The videos for it are sick. Open world and grungy feeling like GTA without that GTA stigma, but also detailed mechanics, storylines, and environment that puts almost everything else to shame.

I'm still researching all of the latest info for it and CDPR, and loving what I'm finding so far. I can't believe I stopped following its development and news for... may be a year or two? It's looking hot, hot, hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom