Thoughts on influencers/youtubers being NPCs in the game

+

Are you OK with having youtubers in the game as NPCs and having quests tied to them?

• Yes.

• No.

• Should be smaller easter egg like the farting trolls in Witcher 3.

• Don't care.

Results are only viewable after voting.
It's fine. I hate the idea of influencers and youtubers in my games Keenu is fine I hope is motorcycle collecting makes in the game. But the other ones. All one has to is alter their audio files and change the character designs so they never existed in the game OIV vamos

All people in the game are fictional.

Some just happen to look the same as people from our reality :^)

I meant that I do not like that some fictional characters have the likenesses of specific real life people. For example, no offense to Keanu, but I would have rather Johnny had his own unique look. If Keanu only voiced him that would be different, but I don't like my view of a character being associated with a real person. It breaks immersion for me. I feel the same way about real actors basically becoming the image of the superheroes they play in other media.

I would have rather Johnny had his own unique look. If Keanu only voiced him that would be different

That's a totally valid point, I can understand that.
Also that makes me wonder, if the game hired real-life actors/ppl as characters with their real face on, does this mean that the game's narrative leans towards a cinematographic approach ? Like, if we follow that logic... we could've expected to admire our main character in "external view" cinematics as well ? :howdy:

swat-4-1.jpg

Huh-oh I hear the FPS squad knocking at my door... AFK.

I thought we were past Mass Effect 3 days, but CDPR seemingly hasnt.

Keanu is a global treasure, but these e-celebs like Jesse Cox and Alanah Pierce...ugh.

I mean whats next, YongYea DLC side quest ?

Gangnam Style dude PNC that comes w/ an exclusive album... and Funko Pops as trophies... Coca Cola as ingame boost ($$ micro-transaction)...

*bang BANG* (tactical squad approaching)

Yea, honestly I don't know any of these streamers that are in cyberpunk 2077 ads. I knew Alanah as an IGN host but none of these people.

I mean whats next, YongYea DLC side quest ?

His quest would probably involve evading the video game industry for talking about microtranstions.

It would be cool to meet influencers. They could help you with tasks and give you some hints. i like an idea.

I kinda hope Bryan Dechart's character is similar to SCP-294 and SCP-261 but I know that is a long shot. Though I did heard CDPR wanted to push some boundaries in the game and I think this is one of those.

So apparently Jesse Cox, Cohcarnage and possibly others are going to be NPCs (likeness and all) in the game, some of them even having their own quests tied to them and I'm curious about what the community thinks about that.

To me the idea seems contradictory with the heavy emphasis on immersion in the other aspects of the game's design. So what gives?

I knew Alanah Pearce would be in the game (and Keanu of course), but not the others you mention. I like Alanah, and she's super into cyberpunk, so I was excited to hear she was in the game. But I also totally understand why someone would find it immersion breaking.

I think for me it all depends on just how many NPCs are done like that. If it's only a few, say 5 or less, in a game the size of Cyberpunk I don't think it will be a problem unless the characters look or sound out of place to players that have no idea who they are. Or unless their sidequests are really big, flashy, game-defining ones. If it's something CDPR ends up doing in every future game with bigger and bigger content creators..... I don't know. I don't think I would want to be running around in a game doing quests for Ninja, Mr. Beast, Jake Paul, or Lilly Singh, but celebrities like Ryan Gosling, Emma Stone, Dwayne Johnson, and Snoop Dogg sound fun to me. So I'm not sure.

Apparently the guy is voicing the vending machine? Idk take that with a grain of salt I just read a comment on reddit

I remember Mike Pondsmith talking about a vending machine which AI evolved to consciousness or something like that, that would give you a quest.

Don't really care much but if I had a vote I would say limit this to very few instances or it will get silly like GOTWIC (game of thrones) nonsense, but what I would like is to make my avatar look as near like me as possible (as I have in other worlds like Skyrim/Entropia and then be able to see myself in game which the '100% first person view' decision on this build has kinda been disappointing to me as a result.

Top Bottom