CP2077 Refund of Pre-order

+
Earlier this year I pre-ordered the digital version of the game on GOG, but recently I decided I wanted a physical copy of the game instead, and ordered one through a local retailer. I canceled my pre-order with GOG.
I received 2 emails from GOG support, the first one acknowledging receipt of the ticket, and the second saying the ticket had been marked as "solved". However, I have yet to receive a refund on PayPal (which I used to pay for the pre-order).
So, anyone knows how long it will take for GOG to process the request and credit my PayPal account? And if I wish to pursue this matter (say, the cows have come home and I've yet to receive my refund), who do I contact specifically?

(Hoping someone from CDPR can help here)

So, anyone knows how long it will take for GOG to process the request and credit my PayPal account? And if I wish to pursue this matter (say, the cows have come home and I've yet to receive my refund), who do I contact specifically?
I don't know how long it takes to refund to PayPal, specifically, but according to the Refund Policy, it looks as though it can vary, up to a few business days. However, if the refund does not come through, you should contact GOG Support again.

sounds to me like likely its just a bank or paypal delay as GoG refund policy is insane in how generous it is. One problem with your logic though there is no physical copy for pc all it is is a box with a download key

sounds to me like likely its just a bank or paypal delay as GoG refund policy is insane in how generous it is. One problem with your logic though there is no physical copy for pc all it is is a box with a download key
There are some physical goodies (paper map, postcards etc) but yes I'll still have to download the game.
Cost wise, it's only USD5 more than what I paid for the digital game, so it's a good deal. And I must admit I've been caught up in the hype, I sincerely hope that CDPR smashes it out of the ballpark with CP2077.

Earlier this year I pre-ordered the digital version of the game on GOG, but recently I decided I wanted a physical copy of the game instead, and ordered one through a local retailer. I canceled my pre-order with GOG.
I received 2 emails from GOG support, the first one acknowledging receipt of the ticket, and the second saying the ticket had been marked as "solved". However, I have yet to receive a refund on PayPal (which I used to pay for the pre-order).

(Hoping someone from CDPR can help here)
How long have you been waiting?
A couple of days.
I once waited a week for a refund (not from GOG, mind you). Maybe it takes about that long.
OK, thanks. Is the refund from GOG or from CDPR (I read a reddit post saying it's from CDPR).
Sorry, I don't know that, since my refund was from somewhere else...
I don't know how long it takes to refund to PayPal, specifically, but according to the Refund Policy, it looks as though it can vary, up to a few business days. However, if the refund does not come through, you should contact GOG Support again.
It's not insane, it's all the other refund policies that aren't like gog's that are insane. :smart:
There are some physical goodies (paper map, postcards etc) but yes I'll still have to download the game.
Cost wise, it's only USD5 more than what I paid for the digital game, so it's a good deal. And I must admit I've been caught up in the hype, I sincerely hope that CDPR smashes it out of the ballpark with CP2077.
Wow I was expecting much worse for some reason, this thread was surprisingly nice and positive :sleep:

Top Bottom