Thoughts on influencers/youtubers being NPCs in the game

+

Are you OK with having youtubers in the game as NPCs and having quests tied to them?

• Yes.

• No.

• Should be smaller easter egg like the farting trolls in Witcher 3.

• Don't care.

Results are only viewable after voting.
You joke but I can easily see CDPR making "likeable" Youtubers companion characters for certain one off missions.

So far it doesn't seem that the participation is very deep. But if you really hate youtubers, seems like you can leave Jesse Cox on the sidewalk with his dick on fire.. Don't have to pick him up.

So far it doesn't seem that the participation is very deep. But if you really hate youtubers, seems like you can leave Jesse Cox on the sidewalk with his dick on fire.. Don't have to pick him up.
skipping side quests in a cdpr game is a very bad idea,even when i replay the witcher games till this very day i focus way more on the side content than on the main ones

Moderator: Hey there, cyberpunks. Here's a friendly reminder that, even if you may not like the idea of content creators, or other personalities, making in-game appearances, here on the Forums, we still ask that everyone remain respectful of the real-world people.

thats the number 1 thing im worried about,having a youtuber cameo is one thing but having to do content and side quests for them is complete asinine

You wont be doing quests for the you tubers. You will be doing quests for in-game characters that they voice.

thats the number 1 thing im worried about,having a youtuber cameo is one thing but having to do content and side quests for them is complete asinine

I wonder if we will be able to treat them as any other NPCs of if they will get the "important character" treatment.

You wont be doing quests for the you tubers. You will be doing quests for in-game characters that they voice.

Isn't it the other way around?
I mean weren't quest done around their youtuber persona, so they stay recognizable?
Post automatically merged:

I dont think any of them will be related to the main quest or get "unkillable" status - (if thats what you mean?)

I was thinking either "unkillable" status or "overleveled compared to the ennemies around them to be sure the player cannot get rid of them easily".

For example: If the character use one of his youtuber gimmick, like, I don't know, suddenly shouting in an high pitched voice like he does on his youtube channel, or whatever gimmick the youtuber is known for.

I guess thats a possibility, I dont think it will happen but wait and see I guess.

Apparently, Ozob is really famous in Brazil. He was created in a Brazilian podcast which has over 4 million views. There is quite a big fanbase of Cyberpunk in Brazil.

Just to be clear, I'm from Brazil and not once I've heard about "Ozob" until now. Have a few friends who, like myself, are keeping up with Cyberpunk news -- people you could call "Cyberpunk fans" and "fellow gamers" -- and none of them are very found of these "Jovem Nerd" guys (who designed this character), therefore none of them have the slightest idea of who could "Ozob" be.

As for the matter of having youtubers and "influencers" on the game: don't like it. But as long as I remain uninformed on who these people are or what they look like -- or as long as they just voice some fictional characters, which is the case with "Ozob" -- I should have no problem.

Just to be clear, I'm from Brazil and not once I've heard about "Ozob" until now. Have a few friends who, like myself, are keeping up with Cyberpunk news -- people you could call "Cyberpunk fans" and "fellow gamers" -- and none of them are very found of these "Jovem Nerd" guys (who designed this character), therefore none of them have the slightest idea of who could "Ozob" be.

As for the matter of having youtubers and "influencers" on the game: don't like it. But as long as I remain uninformed on who these people are or what they look like -- or as long as they just voice some fictional characters, which is the case with "Ozob" -- I should have no problem.
i mean atleast they put in his character and not him in the game like they did with the other "influencers" and his character is probably going to be voice acted by a professional voice actor which is cool so overall im fine with this.
my hype would literally die down if Dr disrespect is in the game and you have to do a side quest for him and i have been hyped for the game for a LOOONG time.

Guest 3573786

Its just the voice and likeness of the other influencers, they are each playing an in-universe character obviously.
On paper sure, but it really depends on how well they're implemented and how good their acting is. I recently played the Dragon Age 2 dlc with that Felicia Day person and my god, every single second of it was a painful reminder of how much her character doesnt belong in that world (just like Chobot in ME3). I can only hope it's handled better here, but I'm extremely skeptical.

Idk, I saw a lot of people on twitter and youtube talking about him. This is my first time hearing about this character so I thought this cyberpunk RPG character seems to be quite famous in Brazil.
Post automatically merged:

There is already an article about a controversial cameo that could apear in Cyberpunk 2077. Just google cyberpunk 2077 and it apeears as one the top stories about cyberpunk 2077. Its about Dr. Disrespect. We might see other sites picking up on this? Could this blow over just like how the posts above me were talking about?

Last edited:
Top Bottom