So weapons are pretty much just guns and knives?

+
I know there is magnetic katana, and some energy weapons. But the thing with energy weapons is that those weapons are still just to shoot projectiles. By saying magnetic I mean something that can attract some object from the distance and throw it back. Something that makes the fights more entertaining and diverse rather than shooting either from conventional weapons or energy weapons. And yes, I've forgot about grenades, thx for reminding. Were there any tactical ones or just explosives that deal damage?

Okay. I saw the thing with the bullet to late.

About the grenade....this one I cannot tell. I only saw explosiv ones.
There a rockets in his/her arms...but lethal.
If there are other weapons? Wait and see untill 19.11.20.

Maybe a flamethrower...maybe not.

But don´t forget. Mike Pondsmith created this game in 1988 so alot of the weapons you like to see in the game was back then pure sciencefiction.
Maybe when e created caberpunk nowadays it would be look totaly different.

But don´t forget. Mike Pondsmith created this game in 1988 so alot of the weapons you like to see in the game was back then pure sciencefiction.
Maybe when e created caberpunk nowadays it would be look totaly different.

Please keep in mind that 2077 is happening much later than Mike's one, they don't need to limit themselves to what Mike created especially in this matter.

CP2077 is CDPR's cyberpunk. Its based on mike pondsmiths cyberpunk universe, but cdpr decides what goes into CP2077, not mike pondsmith. Not to say there isnt colaboration, and they didnt get his advice on how to bring it to life.

Maybe I think different about this one.
But it is okay for me.
I am happy like it his and can´t wait until I can play the game. :)
Post automatically merged:

Please keep in mind that 2077 is happening much later than Mike's one, they don't need to limit themselves to what Mike created especially in this matter.
But it is a total different world.
You see they din´t have a www in 2077. We have.
They have cyberware in 2020. We don´t.
The development of our worlds are totaly different.
You cannot compared them with another.
Maybe the weapon development is much slower than ours just like the www.

It is fiction so don´t try to explain and compare everything.

Just like I said before...it is like it is.

Last edited:

I believe he was talking in universe. Not in our world. In game CP2077 is obviously set 57 years after cp2020

This doesn't matter. They can put in the game whatever they imagine. They don't need to relay on what we have in 2020 and what Mike had in his game.

I will play this game anyway and will enjoy it for sure. I just hoped to see something totally fresh that would impact the gameplay somehow. In terms of weapons, most of what was shown was already there. Starting from quake2 with railguns, through avp2 with smartguns, ending on Doom (2016) that had a quite arsenal. Just the guns look different ;]

Problems with edith:

This one is for superpunk and mhl333 - no they cannot do everything what they want. Please read the text below.

That's why CD Projekt received the cyberpunk rights
Pondsmith was able to summarize the reason for the granting of rights to the Polish studio: A game by fans for fans. According to him, many fans of the P&P template Cyberpunk 2020 work for the developer, and they like to play it themselves. In addition to the experience in the universe, you would also have the appropriate passion to incorporate it into the development of the video game.

Other studios also asked him for the rights years ago, but they wanted to make the game Blade Runner-style. Pondsmith found that to be a less than good idea and believed that Cyberpunk 2077 was better off with CDPR. He was also pleased that the video game is being developed close to the original. According to his own statement, further cyerpunk games are definitely not excluded.

Source: https://mycyberpunk.de/cd-projekt-r...punk-erfinder-cdpr-die-cyberpunk-2077-rechte/

German Text - google translation, but sounds good enough

So he gave CDPR the rights because they don´t change to much

Problems with edith:

This one is for superpunk and mhl333 - no they cannot do everything what they want. Please read the text below.

That's why CD Projekt received the cyberpunk rights
Pondsmith was able to summarize the reason for the granting of rights to the Polish studio: A game by fans for fans. According to him, many fans of the P&P template Cyberpunk 2020 work for the developer, and they like to play it themselves. In addition to the experience in the universe, you would also have the appropriate passion to incorporate it into the development of the video game.

Other studios also asked him for the rights years ago, but they wanted to make the game Blade Runner-style. Pondsmith found that to be a less than good idea and believed that Cyberpunk 2077 was better off with CDPR. He was also pleased that the video game is being developed close to the original. According to his own statement, further cyerpunk games are definitely not excluded.

Source: https://mycyberpunk.de/cd-projekt-r...punk-erfinder-cdpr-die-cyberpunk-2077-rechte/

German Text - google translation, but sounds good enough

So he gave CDPR the rights because they don´t change to much

Yeah, mike trusted cdpr to make the game faithfully, doesnt change CP2077 is cdpr's game first and foremost.

"So he gave CDPR the rights because they don´t change to much"

So, so much has been changed,. What the thing you linked means is that he trusted them to make cyberpunk faithfully, not "not change anything"

Yeah, mike trusted cdpr to make the game faithfully, doesnt change CP2077 is cdpr's game first and foremost.

"So he gave CDPR the rights because they don´t change to much"

So, so much has been changed,. What the thing you linked means is that he trusted them to make cyberpunk faithfully, not "not change anything"

I don´t said anything....

Ebenfalls erfreut war er darüber, dass das Videospiel nah an der Vorlage entwickelt wird.

He was also pleased that the video game is being developed close to the original.

Thats for me. Good night.

I don´t said anything....

Ebenfalls erfreut war er darüber, dass das Videospiel nah an der Vorlage entwickelt wird.

He was also pleased that the video game is being developed close to the original.

Thats for me. Good night.

Translation issues. I have listened to mike and cdpr talk about this in english. What they mean, and what this quote means is what I said before.

He is happy to have fans of the game working on it that will stay faithfull to his vision of cyberpunk and his universe and the lore.

Mike pondsmith is not sitting in an executive office in CDPR for devs to come in and get his confirmation on every decision they make.

Mike pondsmith is not sitting in an executive office in CDPR for devs to come in and get his confirmation on every decision they make.

They had tons of meeting tho.
IMO, they found a middle ground.

Timeline is like that:
>Cyberpunk 2013/2020
>4th Corp War
>Cyberpunk Red
> ?
> Cyberpunk 2077
> ?

Cyberpunk™, is Mike Property, so I guess he gave them his global blueprint about how his world should evolve over time etc...
CDPR then build their game accordingly, free to do whatever they wanted by the time it sticked to the whole timeline, events and important characters.

I guess that if Mike wants to make another Cyberpunk beyond 2077, he'd like to be free not to be annoyed by CDPR's creations he wouldn't like (Cyberpunk 2030 style)

CP2077 is CDPR's cyberpunk. Its based on mike pondsmiths cyberpunk universe, but cdpr decides what goes into CP2077, not mike pondsmith. Not to say there isnt colaboration, and they didnt get his advice on how to bring it to life.

Actually you are wrong there, he is the Co-Creator so everything in 2077 is in-line with the continuation of HIS world and cyberpunk RED the latest iteration. He recently had an interview (last week) where he said as much. He may have not put in all the ideas obviously and he also worked on game development and even taught it over the years, so he knows what he is doing.

Actually you are wrong there, he is the Co-Creator so everything in 2077 is in-line with the continuation of HIS world and cyberpunk RED the latest iteration. He recently had an interview (last week) where he said as much. He may have not put in all the ideas obviously and he also worked on game development and even taught it over the years, so he knows what he is doing.

So, what your saying is its cdprs game first and foremost and they are colllaborating with mike pondsmith and r.talsorian. You are literally agreeing with me and just re-framing what I said.

They had tons of meeting tho.
IMO, they found a middle ground.

Timeline is like that:
>Cyberpunk 2013/2020
>4th Corp War
>Cyberpunk Red
> ?
> Cyberpunk 2077
> ?

Cyberpunk™, is Mike Property, so I guess he gave them his global blueprint about how his world should evolve over time etc...
CDPR then build their game accordingly, free to do whatever they wanted by the time it sticked to the whole timeline, events and important characters.

I guess that if Mike wants to make another Cyberpunk beyond 2077, he'd like to be free not to be annoyed by CDPR's creations he wouldn't like (Cyberpunk 2030 style)

Yes I said as much lol

Please read the full context this is the quote im replying to and the claim from the guy

"When Mike Pondsmith say so.....then yes.
He make the world, he make the rules. He may change them and there will be automatic robots, drones, laserrifle andandand....but if he does not it is like it is....even when someone else say his cyberpunk is boring like it is. "

I have said "yes they work with mike pondsmith, but CP2077 specificly is their game."

Last edited:
Actually you are wrong there, he is the Co-Creator so everything in 2077 is in-line with the continuation of HIS world and cyberpunk RED the latest iteration.

Well, not everything, that's impossible as it would requires him to double-check everything, from the number of bullets needed to down someone to the bust size of each character, and that would probably too much work for only one person (and could lead to another ME3 ending).

Well, not everything, that's impossible as it would requires him to double-check everything, from the number of bullets needed to down someone to the bust size of each character, and that would probably too much work for only one person (and could lead to another ME3 ending).

Oh I missed that word in his quote. Yeah, no lol Mike and r.talsorian do not double check "everything". Their role would be 90 percent lore wise stuff.

And since cdpr respects their original vision and opinions, obviously works with and talks with them for a lot of other stuff.

Also on the "CPRED" bit, that was also a collaboration between cdpr and r.talsorian to make the games lore come together.

I dont think it was r.talsorian going "hey cdpr this is the lore in red, stick to it." but more working together at the same time to come up with CPRED and CP2077 that are a seemless timeline.

Edit - oh and just a another word on this. Dont get the "cyberpunk universe" that R.talsorian and Mike Pondsmith own confused with the title "CP2077" that cdpr owns and that we are talking about. The "cyberpunk ip" and the game "CP2077" are 2 different things.

Last edited:
Yeah, keep your pants on...they haven't shown the (your?) cyber-dog that shoots cyber-bees from its mouth yet.

He/she/? is gonna kick cyber-arse.

Drones are just flying guns
That's fine. The point is they give us options.

Flying is a bit much though. Wall crawling is more realistic from an energy consumption and Newton's 3rd law PoV - flight takes energy, sticking on walls and ceilings via van der Waals forces (like gecko feet) don't and you don't have to worry about recoil. I'm talking about shoe box size drones not car size ones BTW. Car size drone are good outdoors though but no way you are going to sneak them into a building even with Predator camo.

Anyway, they could give you the option of clearing out an entire enemy stronghold without you personally firing a shot - you basically sneak in a small army of cloaked gunner drones (setting them to prioritize specific problematic targets) making sure you have every angle covered, maybe add a few drones with smoke grenade launchers to maximize the survivability of your drones (who should have thermal sensors so they can shoot straight with smoke screen).

You don't have to do that of course, you could just just use a few drones to "even the odds". Or don't use them at all because you hate the planning required and having to spend money to acquire said drones and their parts.

That's fine. The point is they give us options.

Flying is a bit much though. Wall crawling is more realistic from an energy consumption and Newton's 3rd law PoV - flight takes energy, sticking on walls and ceilings via van der Waals forces (like gecko feet) don't and you don't have to worry about recoil. I'm talking about shoe box size drones not car size ones BTW. Car size drone are good outdoors though but no way you are going to sneak them into a building even with Predator camo.

Anyway, they could give you the option of clearing out an entire enemy stronghold without you personally firing a shot - you basically sneak in a small army of cloaked gunner drones (setting them to prioritize specific problematic targets) making sure you have every angle covered, maybe add a few drones with smoke grenade launchers to maximize the survivability of your drones (who should have thermal sensors so they can shoot straight with smoke screen).

You don't have to do that of course, you could just just use a few drones to "even the odds". Or don't use them at all because you hate the planning required and having to spend money to acquire said drones and their parts.

All I gather from this response is that this thread is actually just a suggestion thread about you wanting drones./complaint thread about the game not having drones.

you can hack enemies/turrets/robots and use them as a weapon
Weapons(including melee weapons) with countless cool futuristic mods and bullet types
Energy weapons
Cyberware that are insanely varied to suit any playstyle
and thats just the tip of the iceberg

Now go compare that to what you had in the witcher 3