Summoning your car

+
To save CDPR from the roach bug situation I'd suggest when car is summoned, it appears on a nearby road only.
So when player calls vehichle, it spawns on a road out of players sight and uses the traffic AI (which I'm assuming is in the game in some capacity) and slowly drives in close proximity to V but it always stops on the road and never leaves it. Maybe that way we can avoid the roach bugs.

Saint's Row did this fairly well, where a henchman would drive the car as close to your as feasible without straying too far from an actual road and then get out.

From what we have seen of the "car AI" so far, I would say that it should not even be able to leave the road on its own and just pull over as close to you as possible without blocking traffic.

Saint's Row did this fairly well, where a henchman would drive the car as close to your as feasible without straying too far from an actual road and then get out.

From what we have seen of the "car AI" so far, I would say that it should not even be able to leave the road on its own and just pull over as close to you as possible without blocking traffic.

Sleeping Dogs did that too. And this feature was not only logical (in the game design sense), but looked good and rarely bugged.
The only funny part of it was that the henchman gave you the keys, then he went back home by foot. Still the idea was cool.

I was thinking the same: saints row, mafia 3, sleeping dogs... Here you just say that your vehicle has a full self-drive AI (which already exist in real life) and you're good to go.

The only funny part of it was that the henchman gave you the keys, then he went back home by foot. Still the idea was cool.

Hey, you don't argue with the boss. My henchmen should just be thankful I could not also steal the clothes off their backs when they showed up wearing a nice outfit. :)

This seems like a good idea. We don't need the roachster spawning on top of a skyscraper.

Do we think the car will take damage? I always have an issue with that in GTA. My nicest cars never leave the house because I don't want to risk them, or waste time patching them up.

IIRC it has been confirmed that vehicles can be destroyed and that you can "acquire" most vehicles you encounter on the streets. So unless some vehicles are "one-of-a-kind", you should be able to procure a replacement if your ride gets shot up. I have not heard anything about vehicle customization, so I would assume that while you might need to seek out more exotic rides, there will always be at least some amount of them "out in the wild", so you can replace what you lost.

Funny as it was we dont need any moments like in Ghost recon wild lands where summon APC and it spawns merged with building. Summon helicopter and it spawns inside a telephone pole or sign, or under already existing vehicle

You can summon cars like a horse in Witcher?
Thats not much appealing to me, I hoped in a realistic system like if you leave your car in a street , it will stay there unless some mobsters destroy or steal it.

You can summon cars like a horse in Witcher?
Thats not much appealing to me, I hoped in a realistic system like if you leave your car in a street , it will stay there unless some mobsters destroy or steal it.

It does stay. But you can still call it, if you don't want to run far.

It does stay. But you can still call it, if you don't want to run far.
Seems unrealistic to me , unless perhaps its autopilot, in which case I hope u need to mount a specific computer on board and in any case it shoudl take the time to traverl from A to B before it reaches your position...
I hope its like that and not magically popping behind the corner.

Seems unrealistic to me , unless perhaps its autopilot, in which case I hope u need to mount a specific computer on board and in any case it shoudl take the time to traverl from A to B before it reaches your position...
I hope its like that and not magically popping behind the corner.

I think, my sneaky car AI loves me like a dog and quietly and stealthily follows me. So it's no wonder it pops around the corner when I call it ;)

But in seriousness: There will always be "unrealistic" elements in video games, just for comfort of the players. Maybe CDPR could implement an option for "realistic car travel time", but I guess it's too much effort for you and the other two guys who want that...

I think, my sneaky car AI loves me like a dog and quietly and stealthily follows me. So it's no wonder it pops around the corner when I call it ;)

But in seriousness: There will always be "unrealistic" elements in video games, just for comfort of the players. Maybe CDPR could implement an option for "realistic car travel time", but I guess it's too much effort for you and the other two guys who want that...
I would like realistic travel time, I didn't appreciate in Witcher the magical summoning of horse.
But I could cope with an AI on board of a car , as long as I activate it and program it to do some stuff.

Im kinda curious to see how they will implement this, like will the car just auto pilot roll up to you? Because that could make for some hilarious results.

Im kinda curious to see how they will implement this, like will the car just auto pilot roll up to you? Because that could make for some hilarious results.
Today's headlines:
Self driving car commits multiple counts of Vehicular Manslaughter while attempting to drive to owner. Night City District Attorney's office orders car AI seized by NCPD in aims of prosecution.

A random cutscene happens when you are summoning your vehicle. Roach appears for a moment before vanishing and becoming your vehicle.

V: WTF did I inhale?

Top Bottom