You vs V: Humanity Loss, your Choice

+

Are you willing to trade your humanity for the mission?

• I will use only enough Cyberware to survive in Night City.

• I am Adam Smasher baby!

• I am going all out and push the limits of technology knowing Max Tac is an upgrade away.

• If I had the choice, I would not use any Cyberware and complete the mission using only my skill.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Myself as a person I have a hard time with the idea of Cyberware for gain. Our character V however lives in a world where Cyberware is not only accepted but to some fashionable. More human than human, better than human, Cyberware is designed to not only improve things like strength, athleticism and eyesight but also to improve quality of life. Some take it too the extreme; they no longer look human but humanoid and become this tech augmented automaton. The warning is; don't stray too far down the rabbit hole or you will lose your humanity.

The Diner scene with V. If you want to survive you'll need an upgrade.

How far will you go? Will you cling to your humanity and try to survive?

There is no consequences to Cyberware, so Adam Smasher all the way.

Not exactly, there's a Humanity cost associated with getting upgrades (look at the ripperdoc's screen). Might cut out dialogue options that are more friendly or give you glitches if you go overboard.

Not exactly, there's a Humanity cost associated with getting upgrades (look at the ripperdoc's screen). Might cut out dialogue options that are more friendly or give you glitches if you go overboard.

I wish you were true, but I'm on the forum for long enough to have loose any kind of hope about cyberpsychosis and in an in depth social system.
And humanity cost have been deprecated.

I wish you were true, but I'm on the forum for long enough to have loose any kind of hope about cyberpsychosis and in an in depth social system.
And humanity cost have been deprecated.

Cyberpsychosis is where you turn insane and violent. I think they'll have something in place to make "Humanity Cost" cost something. If it's just a number you can't go past, I'm fine with that as you can rationalise it as "V's body just can't handle all these ####ing wires".

Cyberpsychosis is where you turn insane and violent.

Nope, that's only the final stage, before that it just makes you gradually socially awkward (but I repeat: it's not in the game, nor any social system which can take penalties from it).

I think they'll have something in place to make "Humanity Cost" cost something. If it's just a number you can't go past, I'm fine with that as you can rationalise it as "V's body just can't handle all these ####ing wires".

They just changed it to slots, because Cyberware consequences is apparently considered "not fun" and they want player to be able to freely toy with Cyberware because "fun".

I have a few very specific pieces of cyberware in mind (based on what we know of CP2077 and what's in CP2020) I plan to get. None of which should be terribly drastic in terms of humanity loss.

They just changed it to slots, because Cyberware consequences is apparently considered "not fun" and they want player to be able to freely toy with Cyberware because "fun".
There's also the fact they CDPR has elected to limit the amount and type of cyberware available. So becoming a full borg probably isn't an option.

There`s Cyberwear i know i want like Mantis Blades but not knowing how much Cyberwear is the limit i will say " Enough to survive in Night City ".

Wherever the balance falls between "that sounds useful" and "that looks good."

Even if V is loaded with cyberware I want her to look more human than borg. I imagine that will also involve some synthetic skin rather than chrome, and some very useful items might get passed over if the customization options don't mesh well with a look.

Style over substance after all.

Membership to the Maelstrom gang is probably out. ;)

For the first run I don't have plans. I wll go where the wind takes me. I'll see what I like the most and I'll do that.
For the second run (because there will be a second one right after the final credits roll, of course) I want to do the exact opposite. And maybe there will still be more different ways to play the game.

get me out of this meat prison allready and give me a body worthy of the 21 century.

id prever an Adam/Eve Cyborg body or rather there upgrades that my exist in 2077 but fuck yeah i will do my dearest to get one of those. My V will be same ;)

There is no consequences to Cyberware, so Adam Smasher all the way.
Are you sure? There is a cyberpsycho squad . They have said you will be hunted by police if you kill indiscriminately. I think there is a humanity score based on stats like in original game

Yea, so since there is no consequences using cyberware I'm going to fill all the limited slots that CDPR will allow. I think that most players will eventually fill all the slots for cyberware anyways. But people can still choose if they want all cyberware slots filled or in specific spots.

Are you sure? There is a cyberpsycho squad . They have said you will be hunted by police if you kill indiscriminately. I think there is a humanity score based on stats like in original game

Yes , the Devs were talking about each bit of Cyberwear had a points value and you had a number you couldn`t exceed .

How far will you go? Will you cling to your humanity and try to survive?
The thing is, I don't think there will be any drawback to equipping cyberware, so there is little reason not to go all the way.

However I suspect some might come to think otherwise once they are in that ripperdocs chair for real and the doc carves away your bodyparts. We've seen it in 44-min demo, its very graphic. I guess there will be a bit of "body horror" element to it. Will people feel a tinyest bit queasy if the doc carries away our arm? It wont be just "choose this thing from a menu" and a timeskip.

Keanu Reeves says in the ad: "you can be anything, if your body can pay the price."
My V is willing to pay any price, I've made that decision long ago. I chose the Adam Smasher option.

"Better living through invasive surgery"
-Radio ad, 2020 (chromebook 4)

Yeah so far as we know, humanity cost just acts as a hard cap to how much tech V can put on various parts of her body by saying, for instance, certain cyberware take up a specific number of Vs "cyberware slots" for her arm.

Top Bottom