Honest expectations?

+

My expectation of the experience I'm going to get from Cyberpunk 2077 is that...

• ...it's going to be bad, all things considered. Not my mug of beer.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
So, the Cyberpunk 2077 is, as of the writing of this post, three and a half weeks** away. There's a lot of drooling a bickering over certain individual matters, but not really that much visions on the whole of the picture.

So, write down what you honestly think you are going to get from game as a wholesome experience.

Based on what we know so far... What do you think will be good, what do you think will be bad, what do you think will be lukewarm or indifferent? What you love, what you hate? What do you think your experience will be like with the afore mentioned matters in mind?

Not what you hope or wish, but what you expect as per how the game has been presented up to this point.

There's also a nifty poll to get you started.

**EDIT - Oh, it's not 3 and half anymore. It's now 6 and a half as of this edit.

Last edited:
As a fan of the original pnp for many years, I sort of "have a dog in this fight." I am optimistically hopeful at the outcome. Having said that, I realize that including every nuance into the game that made the pnp so great is a monumental task at best...impossible, at the most realistic. As a pnp fan, the fact that someone had the guts and ambition to create a video game based off of my beloved pnp and try and stay true to the lore/source material, is more than I can hope for. That's my "two cents", take it for what it is.

As a neutral observer, with no personal expectations for the contents of the game, I'll offer this general assessment: I think it will prove to be a surprisingly different title than anything CDPR has undertaken before; exceeding players' hopes in some areas, inevitably falling short in others, but, ultimately, and fundamentally, transforming the geography for the company, and its community. I expect many changes resulting from Cyberpunk's release. Whether they prove for the better, or the worse, I cannot tell. This shall be new, uncharted territory.

Kofe, buddy. You have 5 options. 1 is over the top positive the rest are "It'll be OK", "I've seen better" and just plain negative.

Kiiinda tilting the odds there.

I think it will be great, myself, with some flaws of course.

Other people think it will be good and are looking forward to it, without thinking it's awesome!

Sigh.

Kofe, buddy. You have 5 options. 1 is over the top positive the rest are "It'll be OK", "I've seen better" and just plain negative.

Kiiinda tilting the odds there.

Hmm, so it seems. I didn't seem so when I was writing it.... the point was to gradually move downwards from awesome.

Yeah... I can't edit the options.
Awesome
Good
Neutral
Badish
Awful
That was the intent.

Oh, well.

I think it's being WAY overhyped. That'll inevitably disappoint a LOT of people. It is important to temper expectations especially given how much content has been cut and how little of the gameplay we've actually seen.
Don't get me wrong. I think 2077 will be a good game, but I don't want to get my hopes up only to have a bunch of things turn out to not be mind-blowingly amazing.

Last edited:
The options aren't very good but whatever
while i've been disappointed with some news regarding the game (mainly the arrogant MaleV voice acting), i think its going to be CDPR's best game yet
and unlike the dragon avatar fellow, if CDPR can actually maintain different approaches and outcomes to missions similarly to the Maelstrom encounter (like immersive sims and yeah i don't like using that term) its going to be success as an RPG as well
not that it matters considering RPG is broad term nowadays and everybody seems to have his own definition

I'm sure there will be things I will dislike as I'm sure there will be others I will greatly enjoy. When the line is drawn, I believe the latter will far out weight the former.

As for myself...
I've come halfway past my grievances over load of mechanical aspects and certain gameplay design decisions. Just halfway, I can not get past certain aspects.

- I expect the story to be passable at worst and excellect at best. Everything I've heard points towards that... the mission and narrative designs can, I think, be expected to be good and captivating.

- The audiovisual design seems to be good and imply an excellently atmospheric experiences. Not perhaps S.T.A.L.K.E.R. level or Fallout (which might be an unfair comparison, since Fallout isn't visually "in your face" as CP is with its perspective), but nonetheless. I don't see myself listening to in game radio and the bands there, as they seem very off to me both, for the setting and the atmosphere. But the intent on creating the natural soundscape of the city and having good sounding background ambient only occasionally (unless I misinterpreted what I heard) leans itself well to very atmospheric auditive experience. Aside from V's voiceovers (and the fact the V is voiceacted to begin with) the dialog sounds fine. So no qualms with that either.

- I could spend ages writing about gameplay... in all likelyhood several 10,000 word (as per the limit) posts. There is so much what I would have liked to see handled differently because this game is claimed to be a "hard core RPG". But I've said all that I can about everything I think is wrong, that I'll not do it here. Needless to say that in this regard, I do not think the game will provide a "good" RPG experience. Decent at best. In that it doesn't really differ from any other mainstream RPG wannabe.
The focus is too heavily on combat and with mouse and keyboard the proposed "not great" handling of weapons (with a controller)... I don't think the systems'll do much there. Add to that the almost complete lack of social and exploration skills and social stats like ATT and Empathy (and yes, even MA "could've had" cool uses in gameplay), and the weird perk bloat with few percentage increments to armor and damage and where ever, the lack of ... and it doesn't sound very good.

So there. With the first to bits being good and the last one rather... not good whilst also being the most important, I can't honestly say I expect the game to be "awesome" or even "good". But... I do not expect it to be bad either.

The vote is I'm neutral. Well I'm not really neutral over certain aspects as can be read, but I am, as of this fall, on the wait and see category.

and unlike the dragon avatar fellow, if CDPR can actually maintain different approaches and outcomes to missions similarly to the Maelstrom encounter (like immersive sims and yeah i don't like using that term) its going to be success as an RPG as well
not that it matters considering RPG is broad term nowadays and everybody seems to have his own definition

I don't see anything you wrote that cannot have its place in an action-adventure game.

I think it will be somewhere between very good and awesome, depending on how well the story delivers.

I expect it to be a very satisfying action RPG gameplay wise. Lots of variety, interesting progression, high quality open world encounters, excellent level design, and so so enemy AI.

Guest 3847602

Above average writing (by video game standards), fantastic atmosphere (a staple of previous CDPR games) and pretty standard complexity of RPG elements (about what is to be expected from a modern AAA RPG).

The game is very different than what i imagined it would be like before 2018 reveal and the game has surprised me a lot since then, most of it positively and some things not so much, but i adapted and accepted most of what they're doing and respect their vision for the game.
I am confident i will love this game and most people will too.
Obviously, some will be disappointed and others will straight-up hate it for whatever reason, but that will be the minority i believe.

Top Bottom