NG buffs are a joke... right?

+
:coolstory: are you seriously suggesting that NG should be able to not only copy engines but also players special cards? LMAO I want to believe you're joking but I get the feeling you aren't. I don't even know how you come to the conclusion that any faction being able to play every card that the opponent has, is healthy in any way for a game. There's already Triss but as per usual I'm guessing NG players want a special card just for them lol

You know what, they should. Make it a bronze bribery card....you know, because that card is just fantastic :beer:
I know you're part of the "NG needs to not only be bottom tier until the end of time but erased from the entire game" gang so I won't bother. No constructive discussion will come from this interaction. Have a good day.

If NG is so weak, why are all my games for the past week and a half been 90% NG control decks? That's not a joke either. NG has now become the flavor of the month??

Well at the Gwent Open last weekend each player brought 4 decks (1 per faction max). NG is the only faction no one brought. Yes not a single NG deck in the entire tournament.

Those are the best players and they all know NG is in the gutters.

ya1

Forum regular
Well at the Gwent Open last weekend each player brought 4 decks (1 per faction max). NG is the only faction no one brought. Yes not a single NG deck in the entire tournament.

Those are the best players and they all know NG is in the gutters.

No no you don't get it man. It's the art of deception. Full-blown conspiracy. NG only appears to be weak. And then they getcha when you least expect it.

I understand that NG may be weak...I do win 80% of my matches against them. Is it because they are thought to be weak, that everyone is playing them on the ladder?

I understand that NG may be weak...I do win 80% of my matches against them. Is it because they are thought to be weak, that everyone is playing them on the ladder?
Because freddybabes create a New deck and all that People without creative start tô copy his deck.

I like to see some streamers, but when everyone use The same deck created by a streamer thats is boring

No no you don't get it man. It's the art of deception. Full-blown conspiracy. NG only appears to be weak. And then they getcha when you least expect it.

...damn right ! :LOL: :ROFLMAO: :LOL: :ROFLMAO: :sneaky:

Indeed i've been seeing some more NG as of lately, some kind of control + mill type of deck, it pretty much disables/interupts your deck's strategy.
Kind of annoying to play against, just like a MOs Ciri-Keltullis deck..! :think:

Last edited:

ya1

Forum regular
No offense to Freddybabes but imo that mill deck is not even close... It only mills 9 cards at best so it's not even achieving the mill win condition unless they help out by thinning themselves. Poisons are 3 and often brick. Any dmg on Living Armor bricks the Alchemists (and the unicorn into it is the opening play so hoping they have no dmg in full hand...?). Renew is idk what for (I was seeing it go for Vilgefortz mostly... why?). Last, non-devo without Heatwave? This deck can only win when it completely highrolls the crap out of you.

I was seeing it a lot in casual. Never lost iirc. And I was playing dwarves so lol. This is a good example that people just grab whatever's online.

No offense to Freddybabes but imo that mill deck is not even close... It only mills 9 cards at best so it's not even achieving the mill win condition unless they help out by thinning themselves. Poisons are 3 and often brick. Any dmg on Living Armor bricks the Alchemists (and the unicorn into it is the opening play so hoping they have no dmg in full hand...?). Renew is idk what for (I was seeing it go for Vilgefortz mostly... why?). Last, non-devo without Heatwave? This deck can only win when it completely highrolls the crap out of you.

I was seeing it a lot in casual. Never lost iirc. And I was playing dwarves so lol. This is a good example that people just grab whatever's online.
Well i dunno if freddybabes created the living armor deck, but in my last post i was saying about the witcher deck.
Post automatically merged:

ah, just watch his channel and realyze he created the living armor deck too.

Well, i never watch his videos, but when i see the same deck (the witcher one) in 3 games in a row i go to youtube to see who create that deck (also i look in @DRK3 topic to see the popular streamers)

ya1

Forum regular
I haven't seen the Witchers until now. It could use a defender, that list. Again, all meta lists with Heatwave, Rockslide, Corruption just sweep the floor with decks like this.

CDPR basically just gave up on NG.

With all the overwhelming data that shows NG being dead last out of all the factions, it is shocking that CDPR decided to not have a balance patch for the next season.

Sad, very sad.

The way that NG has been treated by CDPR, I guess NG should just be grateful that in the coming season, none of their key cards will be getting a +1 provision nerf.

ya1

Forum regular
The funniest thing about all this Reddit/forum NG hating is that now those guys get their boards swept to zero by Precision Strike and Mobilization like no Double Ball could do even in its prime. But they're happy with that. Because it's not NG.

Seriously, any faction with neutral control inclusions is at least equal at control to NG. And what Precision Strike can do with red coin... no NG ever could get close to this much control degeneracy. But NG is the only faction without points and a solid R1 strategy.

The funniest thing about all this Reddit/forum NG hating is that now those guys get their boards swept to zero by Precision Strike and Mobilization like no Double Ball could do even in its prime. But they're happy with that. Because it's not NG.

Seriously, any faction with neutral control inclusions is at least equal at control to NG. And what Precision Strike can do with red coin... no NG ever could get close to this much control degeneracy. But NG is the only faction without points and a solid R1 strategy.
No one is happy about control SC, though. In fact, people call for nerfs all the time, same as with Warriors.
Your equality statement fails a simple math check - Fangs are more cost-efficient than any neutral analogue, and many faction ones, too, and so are VVM/Yen/Vilge.

Double Ball was, indeed, more toxic than PS- because it also generated decently high points while doing this. PS has to lean into handbuff heavily to achieve like 50% of that glory. And even then, it manages to be tier 1-2 somehow, despite using a questionable, flawed, cost-inefficient mechanic.

See where this is going?

I think you miss the crucial point here.
This hatefest isn't about NG per se, NG is the focal point for the real hatred behind this threat - abusive control decks that are also allowed to pointslam, WHILE running your opponent into ground.
Such archetypes are very unfun to play against, especially if you're running a less aggressive deck.

Historically, NG is the worst offender, but very few people really really think SW/PS/Warriors/Revenants retardation is okay either. None of such archetypes should ever be allowed to exist on competitive level. Your deck can be good at one thing or another, not at everything at once.

Additionally, there is an important difference between the Ball and all the other abusive stuff from this list - PS can be balanced by some tiny nerfs to Justice and carryover, stupid vikings can be balanced by a minor provision nerf here and there, but there's no way in hell to actually balance the poison spam strat.
It can be either too weak, or too strong. This is what you get with a mechanic that operates outside of numbers, on a separate uninteractive binary scale.
Think I'm being unreasonable? Remember how you feel when you get Triple Duelled.

Edit: you aren't wrong about R1 issues and trash bronzes, of course. But bringing the poison spam archetype back is definitely the wrong way to go about fixing this problem.

Edit2: This may also be reason for CDPR not giving the buffs yet. Simply because NG can't be fixed without a significant rework, simple tinkering with numbers won't get us anywhere
Well, that, or being lazy. I hope it's the former.

Last edited:

ya1

Forum regular
Well, agree to disagree. Poison needs two cards (unanswered) to remove one card. Precision Strike on red coin is LITERALLY (not hyperbolically as it was being said about Double Ball) able to remove everything. They can keep the score 0-0 until deep in R1 and then sweep the win from under you with Justice or carryover if you give up.

NG gold removals like Yen and Vincent are now equal or even inferior in efficiency to the neutral Heatwave, Geralt, Corruption. Faction really has nothing to show for, having been exceeded by others in their specialty which is control. And this is not really arguable, you know, just look at the winrates.

Double Ball was, indeed, more toxic than PS- because it also generated decently high points while doing this. (...) PS has to lean into handbuff heavily to achieve like 50% of that glory.

You ever actually play any of those decks? This is just not true. Double Ball had no points if Dames got answered. Let alone the Ball got answered. And it was always close to unplayable on blue coin. I know things look so scary and powerful when they highroll on you. But it's only when you play them yourself (extensively), can you see how strong they really are.

PS doesn't have to lean on anything. If they draw their removals for R1 on red coin, it's game over for way too many decks. It very often happens that you LITERALLY can't develop a single card.

Well, agree to disagree. Poison needs two cards (unanswered) to remove one card. Precision Strike on red coin is LITERALLY (not hyperbolically as it was being said about Double Ball) able to remove everything. They can keep the score 0-0 until deep in R1 and then sweep the win from under you with Justice or carryover if you give up.
Except poison comes from cards with a body, so no need for expensive explosive plays. It can't technically wipe everything, true, but it can wipe everything uncomfortably tall without value restrictions, unlike PS, only leaving weak duds behind. While putting out 4's and 5's. I'd say that's a stronger and less brickable pattern (since we're talking Double Ball, let's pretend Veil doesn't exist yet). Isn't a 0-0, but it doesn't need to be, because you facilitate superior tempo just by having some of it, while nearly-halting your opponent's.

NG gold removals like Yen and Vincent are now equal or even inferior in efficiency to the neutral Heatwave, Geralt, Corruption. Faction really has nothing to show for, having been exceeded by others in their specialty which is control. And this is not really arguable, you know, just look at the winrates.
Heatwave is questionable due to scenario removal business (I think it's not fair to bring this card to any equation at the moment), Geralt and Corruption are outright worse. More specific conditions, no additional benefit.

You ever actually play any of those decks? This is just not true. Double Ball had no points if Dames got answered. Let alone the Ball got answered. And it was always close to unplayable on blue coin. I know things look so scary and powerful when they highroll on you. But it's only when you play them yourself (extensively), can you see how strong they really are.
Never once have I seen a Double Ball draw failure. Ever. NG has amazing tutoring power, and then there's Matta...
And it isn't a highroll as long as you can get your stuff reliably. And you can - I didn't play NG at during the Ball heyday, but I've engaged in some Double Portal decadence recently, and didn't experience any draw issues...apart from Assimilation engines handbricking, that is. But the Ball doesn't have this problem.
The statement about Dames has some truth behind it, but in all honesty, just 4-sized bodies and several uncapped removals is usually enough to secure you a round as long as you kill enough enemy stuff, as evidenced by modern PS and Revenants. Maybe with a sole exception of super-wide/unitless stuff, but neither was super common outside of Harmony, and Harmony is an awful proof for anything due to it being just as broken at the time (also engaging in some poison spam, too. Fck that.)

Korathi wasn't all that popular until recently - there wasn't a good reason to run it, apart from Double Ball, so normally you could only answer 1, and that's much more conditional than being able to play it - you had to draw a Heaver or have a much more specific tutor for it (and use Heaver in the first place, lol). Now this is highrolling. Having to draw either the Ball proper OR Roderic OR Matta is much less random.

If they draw their removals for R1 on red coin, it's game over for way too many decks. It very often happens that you LITERALLY can't develop a single card.
True and disgusting.

PS doesn't have to lean on anything.
Not true.
If PS didn't build as much carryover value, they would have nothing to show for its efforts in the end, apart from Gord, which, considering they DO run out of removal eventually, wouldn't be enough.

Like I said, the core issue is being able to develop meaningful amounts of points WHILE controlling your enemy. Deplorarly, CDPR expands this mechanic with stuff like Protector, rather than shutting it down like they honestly ought to.

Top Bottom