Important announcement regarding Cyberpunk 2077 release date

+
You know what that's a good point! Why the heck did they suddenly announce a new platform to support out of the blue? Why promise it on the same date as the others?

Yeah, I would have preferred them to leave the Stadia version to later. They've got enough on their plate. But what do I know? I'm unfamiliar with how that thing even works :s

It's Google isn't it? Maybe they've got a contract with them? Would make sense, business wise, for Google to throw their money around to get a game like CP on board.

On a more personal note, I hope you manage to get your vacation sorted and that your boss is cool with it!

Last edited:
Just cancelled my pre-order. Not because I'm angry (well, sure, a bit), but because with delays like this I simply doubt that the game is gonna be as good as it is hyped up to be.

We're seeing a gaming company that lacks the most basic competency in evaluating workload and making plans, in communicating decisions with the whole team; It's an overconfident company that bit off way more than they could chew, and when they realize that, they choose to sacrifice the fans' goodwill as a solution. Now does this sound like a company that I trust to make a GOTY-level game? No.

It's fine if you still continue to trust them. The game may even end up being as good as advertised - I hope so - but I don't trust them now. I'll pacify my hype, and wait for reviews before making a decision to buy. Until then, I'm just not going to care about this game or about CDPR anymore.

Guest 4406876

Well it's just 21 days so it ain't that much of an extra wait; this will probably mean more NCW episodes but hopefully they show more substantial gameplay instead of things like cars, guns or whatever.

Well you sure have a lot of free time since you're posting here all day long lol. The fact that you planned your day offs on a particular week is between you and your employee, nothing to do with CDPR so they own nothing to you.
Well I can't take vacations expecially now since the load of work is triple thanks to covid than in regular moments, so even if I wanted I won't be able to take a vacation to play CP (I wouldn't do it anyways in regular circumstances, I'm not planning to finish a game that ook years to make in 2 days) . What baffles me the most is the whole WASTED time on shitty content and I mean, for example, streamers inclusion in the game and btw be warned If I fucking see DrDisrespect or others any close to my rendered image on the monitor I'm gonna fucking refund it ASAP, I have enough of meat grinders that bring nothing to our society. Or the time wasted to accomodate other platforms while they get fat and chubby with PC pre-orders on GoG in the while spamming random release dates to raise pre-orders. This is VERY against consumers (at least PC ones) and daoesn't really put the game in a better light. I'm really scared of its final quality as a game atm, not even concerned about bugs, I mean ACTUAL gameplay and mechanics we know NOTHING till today. What are we looking at here CDPR? Is it a quick action movie? Is it an RPG? Is it a first person whatever adventure with 5 stremlined mechanics on rails? 4 episodes of NCW and all you did is PR with brands and shit nobody cares about in the end, while the important things like gameplay, feedback, shooting mechanics in DEEP and other things explained aren't even explained. The reality is that we know nothing about your game, the NPCs looks like in the sims2 and we don't even know what kind of game we are going to buy, but we do know it's full of advertising and "streamer friendly" content...."Shark credit cards" when?

Well I can't take vacations expecially now since the load of work is triple thanks to covid than in regular moments, so even if I wanted I won't be able to take a vacation to play CP (I wouldn't do it anyways in regular circumstances, I'm not planning to finish a game that ook years to make in 2 days) . What baffles me the most is the whole WASTED time on shitty content and I mean, for example, streamers inclusion in the game and btw be warned If I fucking see DrDisrespect or others any close to my rendered image on the monitor I'm gonna fucking refund it ASAP, I have enough of meat grinders that bring nothing to our society. Or the time wasted to accomodate other platforms while they get fat and chubby with PC pre-orders on GoG in the while spamming random release dates to raise pre-orders. This is VERY against consumers (at least PC ones) and daoesn't really put the game in a better light. I'm really scared of its final quality as a game atm, not even concerned about bugs, I mean ACTUAL gameplay and mechanics we know NOTHING till today. What are we looking at here CDPR? Is it a quick action movie? Is it an RPG? Is it a first person whatever adventure with 5 stremlined mechanics on rails? 4 episodes of NCW and all you did is PR with brands and shit nobody cares about in the end, while the important things like gameplay, feedback, shooting mechanics in DEEP and other things explained aren't even explained. The reality is that we know nothing about your game, the NPCs looks like in the sims2 and we don't even know what kind of game we are going to buy, but we do know it's full of advertising and "streamer friendly" content...."Shark credit cards" when?

Yeah I think the videos could show more interesting stuff. I doubt most care about cosplay or computer case contests, most want to see real gameplay. Compare these heavily scripted or heavily cut (sometimes barely 10 seconds of constant footage shown) videos of the NCWs to the dev diaries from Paradox which show real gameplay mechanics and features.

Thought I'd share this.
1603837418941.png

Just FYI. This delay doesn't negatively impact me in any way-as I had not pre-ordered the game, & was always planning my vacation time for the fortnight after New Years Day. However, I am still extremely annoyed at this 3rd delay, especially as it significantly undermines my long-held faith in CDPR. Again, very poor form guys!

The real reason is: "It doesn't run on anything else that isn't a pc so since we signed a simultaneous release date on every platform because yes we do develop on pc but we can't be PC boys or else we lose important money from the console market we have to push back everything even if PC is ready to ship to make it run on shitty system we might have to cut the PC version for as well." This is how I understand their statement, because remember, this isn't a PC game. It's a console game developed on PC.

Edit: Oh and BTW there's no way they'll be able to finish testing in 21 days window, unless the game is in a horrible state atm and it will be slightly decent at launch. So expect the worst, either another delay or problems on day 1. (on pc I don't care about nerfed PCs...aka consoles).

This goes back to my concern that we are so close to release but they have yet to show console footage.

So my "open letter" reply to CDPR, everyone angry about the release change, everyone ok with it, everyone angry at the people that are angry, everyone that took off, everyone that thinks those people that took off are stupid, just... Everybody:

I've been on the hype train for this game since sometime in 2018. I knew it wasn't "coming soon" and that was ok. It was a game based on one of the best pen and paper games I've ever played. I loved the Witcher series. CDPR was a trusted and amazing dev that filled the void left behind by Bethesda and other devs that have betrayed their base and ripped off millions of hard earned dollars.

I've been in defense of every delay so far, including every one that has happened this year. Despite the fact that I took time off in March had to cancel/move it to Sep and now in Nov, I was in it and sticking up for them. Not bad mouthing anyone that was angry, just offering a reasonable counterpoint and good defense.

I purchased my copy and 2 more to gift to friends... on the GOG store. I have had such love for this company as THE company that loves their customers and employees and just gaming in general that I did everything in MY power to make sure every possible cent spent, went straight to CDPR. Sure you can say its not that big of a deal to do, but it was something extra that I and many others did, just to really get behind the cause and support who we thought was really there to do the right thing.

But now on the 3rd major delay this year... I'm done defending and I'm out of hype.

Am I cancelling my preorder? No. Do I kinda want to? Yeah. Do I kinda want to just pick it up at another store instead of giving that little extra to CDPR? Yep. Am I throwing a tantrum? Not at all. Am I reasonably upset? Absolutely. Have I lost a lot of faith in and started ranking CDPR down with the "standard devs" who care more about profit than games or gamers? 100%.

The way I see it, there are 2 major possibilities with this game right now that would cause the delay. A) Next gen is not ready (and possibly Stadia?) so they are delaying the whole release or B) every version is still buggy and screwed.

Now if its option A) there really is no excuse to not satisfy the bulk of your early adopters/supporters and just release the current gens or at the VERY least, PC. Hell you could even call it PC "early access" with a disclaimer that there are still some bug fixes needed and let the EXTREMELY helpful PC community give you feedback and support to find and resolve the problems to make your day 0 patch for the consoles even better.

If its option B) we are well and truly boned.

For CDPR:

Why? It seems like a vague, frustrated, generic question, but trust me, its appropriate. Why?

Why can't you seem to pin down a doable time frame? Sure its a "big complex game" but so was Witcher 3. You guys aren't some new, tiny indie dev. You are AAA. You are the big boys now. Have been for a while.

Why delay the whole release? Staggered releases on current vs next-gen has been a thing for at least 2 generations now. It's acceptable. Hell it's EXPECTED. Why are you willing to tank your customer faith across, conservatively estimated, 90% of your customers for next-gen playability?

Why can you not seem to communicate effectively in your own house? You have social media teams promising from a couple of weeks ago up to less than 20 hours before this news saying things to the effect of "No delays, CONFIRMED!". Is your internal communications really that bad?

Why can you not have a single, acceptable contingency beyond, welp, just push it back? Playable demos, early access opt in, limited launch, beta sign up, SOMETHING to help show the community you are working on it and PROVE the content you keep hyping.

Why must you continue to strain and stretch and beat and batter on the AMAZING reputation and customer relationship you have built with the fail promises and repeated delays? We have defended your choices, stuck up for the "perfect delayed game vs broken on time game" logic, rushed to your side over the crunch times and liked, subscribed, hashtagged, commented, tweeted and retweeted your content to keep the hype train chugging. We keep justifying the cut content and features left on the cutting room floor. We have done everything you asked to put the cash DIRECTLY in your hands to show how much we want to support you. Why can you not reciprocate that support in kind?

Now, for all "aggressive superfans":

Just fu$# right off. It is perfectly ok for people, that have already invested money in a pre-order, to be upset that there are delays. It's not "entitled". It's reasonable as a consumer to expect promises to be kept (especially ones made yesterday). I work in customer service for a major communications provider and if ANYONE at my company makes a promise, IN WRITING none the less, we are expected to find a way to honor it. And by and large, customers don't have a super happy go lucky attitude about it either. There is screaming, cursing, crying and not so borderline verbal abuse until they get what they were promised.

It would absolutely be "entitled" if I sat back and whined about delays when they were part of the expectation and I hadn't done any part to invest in the company's promises and set expectations. But that's not the case. We have already forked over cash money based on what has been communicated by the company selling the product. Expecting them to stand by that is entirely reasonable and the basis of free market, "payment for expected goods and services" economics.

For the people trashing on other for using vacation time from work:

Wow... just... wow. This one is insane. I'm not sure who can be SO full of themselves to think its ok to trash how other people want to spend their time off, but... well, you guys exist, I guess. I saw everything today from "what kind of loser takes off for a video game?" to the truly inane response that roughly equated to "nobody should be taking time off for a video game unless you make games." What... The.. Absolute... F%$# is wrong with you? If you are a gamer at all, it is more than likely you have been berated and degraded for your hobby at least once in your life. Why would you do that to anyone in your community? Hey if you want to take off for a concert, go for it. Trip to Bali, good for you. You want to stay home and find out how many ways you practice your "self pleasure" techniques, get it dude/dudette. Different strokes for different folks (yeah that was intentional). It is entirely reasonable to take time off for what you love.

I personally have had about 6 games over the past 2 decades that I was so hyped for, that I took off anywhere from 3 days to a full week and a half. Maybe 2 of them I had to reschedule once due to a delay. Not a single one have I had to move multiple times. It's frustrating and depending on your job, not even possible. There are some out there that now that it is scheduled within a month, its locked. Time off down the drain. And for a lot of others, it was a stretch to get time off in Nov. Dec? Forget about it. No way.

Just the fact that CP2077 was on my short list of games I'm wiling to take time off for was a mark of how behind the game and CDPR I was. The fact that I moved my vacation time TWICE already without complaint, shows the massive amount of faith and goodwill they had. But now... I am left asking myself, is it even worth it to try again?

For everyone angry at the delay:

I get it. I'm with you. It sucks. The company there to fill the void of the dev who is "In it for the games and gamers" has abused your trust and broken promise after promise. Missed dates, cut content, misinformation about "crunch times" and constant reports that the game is "complete and playable" when that obviously isn't the full truth... it hurts. If you are like me, you have backed the controversial decision to crunch, defended the delays to get a "perfect' game and helped them out with your good faith pre-order and contribution to the "hype train", online and off. And all you have gotten so far is pretty pictures, no substance apologies and platitudes.

If you cancel your pre-order, I understand. If you refuse to buy until "X time after launch", I feel you. If you are ready to swear off CDPR entirely, I can't be mad at you. I will request that you at least consider sticking around and holding a little cash back, just in case. Despite everything, sadly, CDPR is still near the top of the standard AAA game devs. Not sure if that says more about the pathetic state of the gaming industry or not, but its still true, IMHO. I can't honestly tout them as the "creme de la creme, above and beyond, by gamers for gamers, company without equal" anymore, but they are still probably the best we have.

Hopefully when/if the game ever launches, it will be every bit of what we all have been hyped for and redeem some of the good faith that has been lost. If not, well we will just have the throw CDPR on the Bethesda, Ubisoft, EA pile of trash and continue the search for the next "holy grail" studio to try to hype and support to prove that doing what is best for the gamers is truly what is best for the industry.

I am beyond words.
60_battle-angel-alita-last-order-980571.jpg

Good Lord. I think the biggest concern at this point is how buggy/unfinished this game will be at launch. They're clearly cramming like mad at the end and frankly unorganized as well.

I'm starting to expect fallout 76 at this point. I suspect too many platforms for one ginormous game is one major issue.. They shouldn't have made those promises about stadia and nextgen consoles and whatnot...

I know several real life friends who already booked a vacation for the launch week... all for naught, once again.

Everyone should be concerned here. What possible state could the game be in that a "gold" game gets delayed? I believe that's the only game that's ever gone gold and then been delayed.

My friend googled and apparently there was a James Bond game in 2004 that did the same.... For five days. Extremely rare event in any case.

Last edited:
Just cancelled my pre-order. Not because I'm angry (well, sure, a bit), but because with delays like this I simply doubt that the game is gonna be as good as it is hyped up to be.

We're seeing a gaming company that lacks the most basic competency in evaluating workload and making plans, in communicating decisions with the whole team; It's an overconfident company that bit off way more than they could chew, and when they realize that, they choose to sacrifice the fans' goodwill as a solution. Now does this sound like a company that I trust to make a GOTY-level game? No.

It's fine if you still continue to trust them. The game may even end up being as good as advertised - I hope so - but I don't trust them now. I'll pacify my hype, and wait for reviews before making a decision to buy. Until then, I'm just not going to care about this game or about CDPR anymore.
Would you rather CDPR went Kingdom Come Deliverance and take White Horse Studios route then? Be forced to release what would've been a PHENOMENAL game if it hadn't been for the game breaking bugs and glitches? All because they had run out of production budget? Why aren't you thankful CDPR doesn't have the production breaking dilemma WHS had to face i.e. where they really needed one year of polish to get KCD to work the way it said on the tin.

Same argument for how Bethesda rushed and pressured Obsidian into releasing Fallout New Vegas on schedule. Obsidian begged Bethesda to give them an extra year to fix the bugs and polish/optimize the game performance. But nope---Bethesda was having NONE of that. So Obsidian took a black eye for being forced to having to release a buggy game. The Fallout modding community eventually fixed/addressed all those issues over time. But it doesn't alter the fact that whenever a dev is FORCED into releasing an un-polished/non optimized for performance title --- just to keep to the release date-- that doing so does NOT end well.

Fast forward nine years later. Obsidian -- acting in the role of it's own dev AND publisher -- TAKES THEIR TIME to release The Outer Worlds. Which -- while limited in scope (i.e. lacking Bethesda engine capacity to run the game world in an open world environment like Fallout) -- was released as a COMPLETELY FINISHED, POLISHED & OPTIMIZED GAME. Period.

TL;DR
Not surprised they were forced to move the release date. This title is INSANELY ambitious and is perhaps the deepest RPG in the action genre the industry has ever seen to date. This delay could be the difference between CP2077 being GOTY 2020 or not. Why can't ppl see that?? They need to do what they think and know will allow them to release a finished game. With minimum bugs and reliable/complete optimization. I'd rather they delay the game than feel they're being held HOSTAGE to the impatient gamers of this fan base. And then be forced to release a buggy title the likes of KCD, Fallout NV or god forbid another Anthem II. :giveup: Just to keep the impatient gamers in the CP2077 fan base happy.:facepalm:

Guest 4406876

Would you rather CDPR went Kingdom Come Deliverance and take White Horse Studios route then? Be forced to release what would've been a PHENOMENAL game if it hadn't been for the game breaking bugs and glitches? All because they had run out of production budget? Why aren't you thankful CDPR doesn't have the production breaking dilemma WHS had to face i.e. where they really needed one year of polish to get KCD to work the way it said on the tin.

Same argument for how Bethesda rushed and pressured Obsidian into releasing Fallout New Vegas on schedule. Obsidian begged Bethesda to give them an extra year to fix the bugs and polish/optimize the game performance. But nope---Bethesda was having NONE of that. So Obsidian took a black eye for being forced to having to release a buggy game. The Fallout modding community eventually fixed/addressed all those issues over time. But it doesn't alter the fact that whenever a dev is FORCED into releasing an un-polished/non optimized for performance title --- just to keep to the release date-- that doing so does NOT end well.

Fast forward nine years later. Obsidian -- acting in the role of it's own dev AND publisher -- TAKES THEIR TIME to release The Outer Worlds. Which -- while limited in scope (i.e. lacking Bethesda engine capacity to run the game world in an open world environment like Fallout) -- was released as a COMPLETELY FINISHED, POLISHED & OPTIMIZED GAME. Period.

TL;DR
Not surprised they were forced to move the release date. This title is INSANELY ambitious and is perhaps the deepest RPG in the action genre the industry has ever seen to date. This delay could be the difference between CP2077 being GOTY 2020 or not. Why can't ppl see that?? They need to do what they think and know will allow them to release a finished game. With minimum bugs and reliable/complete optimization. I'd rather they delay the game than feel they're being held HOSTAGE to the impatient gamers of this fan base. And then be forced to release a buggy title the likes of KCD, Fallout NV or god forbid another Anthem II. :giveup: Just to keep the impatient gamers in the CP2077 fan base happy.:facepalm:
This title isn't insanely ambitious. It's an "open world" first person adventure most likely at bethesda level of RPG but with more polish (they're from Poland after all) and quality in terms of characters and image quality. Star Citizen is insanely ambitious (also because of its MMO section) and that's why we won't see it for many more years to come (if it ever will be released).

TL;DR

Apparently, you didn't read WHY they're delaying. It has nothing to do with polish or fixing massive problems. It's about getting it to work on Stadia.

Okey now I'm a bit confused, does someone mind verifying some of this information?

While i was waiting for my Witcher 3 download, i briefly browsed the steam community and this was one of the first things that caught my eye. Is there any truth or facts in these comments?

View attachment 11065343

View attachment 11065352

I do vaguely recall them saying that. I mean it's not like you can just have a ps5 version straight ported, you need to deal with different software and hardware so even if it isn't a next gen and just a port it still take time to do. - I think?

Last edited:
Top Bottom