Important announcement regarding Cyberpunk 2077 release date

+
TL;DR
Not surprised they were forced to move the release date. This title is INSANELY ambitious and is perhaps the deepest RPG in the action genre the industry has ever seen to date. This delay could be the difference between CP2077 being GOTY 2020 or not.

Then perhaps they could've tried to be less ambitious and not try to push it on so many platforms at the same time? If they had stuck to their original plan it probably wouldve been out already. CDPR: stop trying to reach beyond your grasp.

Just delay the stadia release if you must. Unless you wish to replace your client- and fanbase with google. Not a good idea.

Moderator: Another post deleted. Calling the developers names will not help, so, please, don't waste your time, or ours, with such impolite comments. We recognise the news is disappointing, and frustrating for some, and CDPR is well aware of the community's responses. However, we must still ask everyone to, please, remain respectful and civil on the Forums.

This is surprising. Wonder how the PR team is treading the shitstorm that’s going on right now.

At any rate, I’ve waited for this game since 2012...2013? another two months isn’t an issue.
Thank you. At least 2 other fan bois who are rooted in reality.

CP2077 is most definitely NOT Star Citizen. It's a REAL game which has been vetted by many Youtube influencers. Even if 100% of these influencers hadn't been gushing praise on the demo they were allowed to play in the past. You could clearly see the game play and game mechanics were SOLID. aka you were watching the actual game play from the game engine. And NOT watching some heavily scripted movie mocap with high fidelity graphics, aging former A list Hollywood actors reading an un-inspirational script, and game play features that don't exist outside said movie cutscene demo.

if ppl are so disappointed about the delay that they're going to start demanding #CancelCulture on CP2077, then they need to take their own advice. Cut off their noses to spite their faces by refusing to buy the game when finally releases. :LOL: They're only hurting themselves by shooting themselves in the foot IMO.......

Would you rather CDPR went Kingdom Come Deliverance and take White Horse Studios route then? Be forced to release what would've been a PHENOMENAL game if it hadn't been for the game breaking bugs and glitches? All because they had run out of production budget? Why aren't you thankful CDPR doesn't have the production breaking dilemma WHS had to face i.e. where they really needed one year of polish to get KCD to work the way it said on the tin.

Same argument for how Bethesda rushed and pressured Obsidian into releasing Fallout New Vegas on schedule. Obsidian begged Bethesda to give them an extra year to fix the bugs and polish/optimize the game performance. But nope---Bethesda was having NONE of that. So Obsidian took a black eye for being forced to having to release a buggy game. The Fallout modding community eventually fixed/addressed all those issues over time. But it doesn't alter the fact that whenever a dev is FORCED into releasing an un-polished/non optimized for performance title --- just to keep to the release date-- that doing so does NOT end well.

Fast forward nine years later. Obsidian -- acting in the role of it's own dev AND publisher -- TAKES THEIR TIME to release The Outer Worlds. Which -- while limited in scope (i.e. lacking Bethesda engine capacity to run the game world in an open world environment like Fallout) -- was released as a COMPLETELY FINISHED, POLISHED & OPTIMIZED GAME. Period.

TL;DR
Not surprised they were forced to move the release date. This title is INSANELY ambitious and is perhaps the deepest RPG in the action genre the industry has ever seen to date. This delay could be the difference between CP2077 being GOTY 2020 or not. Why can't ppl see that?? They need to do what they think and know will allow them to release a finished game. With minimum bugs and reliable/complete optimization. I'd rather they delay the game than feel they're being held HOSTAGE to the impatient gamers of this fan base. And then be forced to release a buggy title the likes of KCD, Fallout NV or god forbid another Anthem II. :giveup: Just to keep the impatient gamers in the CP2077 fan base happy.:facepalm:

Either you report or either you crunch to avoid report, but crunching to report is just...
I don't have words for this.:facepalm:
Post automatically merged:

Apparently, you didn't read WHY they're delaying. It has nothing to do with polish or fixing massive problems. It's about getting it to work on Stadia.

WHAT!

Source, please!

Then perhaps they could've tried to be less ambitious and not try to push it on so many platforms at the same time? If they had stuck to their original plan it probably wouldve been out already. CDPR: stop trying to reach beyond your grasp.

Just delay the stadia release if you must. Unless you wish to replace your client- and fanbase with google. Not a good idea.
Right. I won't argue with you there. I did feel that yes, they were spreading themselves a bit thin on that end. But at least they didn't go off the cliff by adding VR as a mandatory feature.

CP2077 is most definitely NOT Star Citizen. It's a REAL game which has been vetted by many Youtube influencers. Even if 100% of these influencers hadn't been gushing praise on the demo they were allowed to play in the past. You could clearly see the game play and game mechanics were SOLID. aka you were watching the actual game play from the game engine. And NOT watching some heavily scripted movie mocap with high fidelity graphics, aging former A list Hollywood actors reading an un-inspirational script, and game play features that don't exist outside said movie cutscene demo.

if ppl are so disappointed about the delay that they're going to start demanding #CancelCulture on CP2077, then they need to take their own advice. Cut off their noses to spite their faces by refusing to buy the game when finally releases. :LOL: They're only hurting themselves by shooting themselves in the foot IMO.......

Boycott is stupid anyway, people are just angry at the news because they really want to play it (and buy it) but the release date change every 3months or weeks.

If you were standing in front of a restaurant and the opening hour would change every 5minutes, you'd probably be pissed too.

The game or the devs arent the problem here, it's the people in charge of the planning and the dead line whoever they may be who can't decide on a date or whatever.

A 5month delay for a "announced game and ready to preorder" is ok, a whole year sounds like a scame, it was never clear from the get go, reason why people get angry.

Guest 4406876

You don't make the "game of games" in what...4 years of development, or else it would have been made by others and with better engines and experience. And as you said, pushing it on different systems it's just gonna hurt the game itself. They went big with TW3 for reasons that are story related, but as RPG elements or story elements and choices there's nothing new here, it has been done before and was a standard in the RPG industry to have multiple choices and so on, I guess the "adult" content pushed it beyond its real value (which was honestly average at a technical level and as a game yes was good but not THAT good and combat was..well not it's strenght..). I think they are being overestimated by the community and customers in general, and all this based on words and promises of good will. Problem is that you can be dedicated as much as you want and be the "nerd RPG lover" type that a certain kind of market is so hungry for, but here everything speaks of the contrary. I'm extremely happy Mr. Pondsmith gave them the green light for Cyberpunk, problem is it's not Cyberpunk 2020, but something entirely different, created to maximize sales today and attract new customers that "heard" of Cyberpunk and , to my knowledge, Cyberpunk was "popular" back when I played it, but not so much as people like to think..and didn't bring that much cash as its creator see the chance right now. This leads to "money first and let's hope to get it right", and I beging to wonder how much this "game of games" will be really innovative for the RPG genre considering the very bad taste and low quality bar we have nowadays. I guess we'll see, but I lowered my bar by a long shot after NCW episodes as I didnt' see anything to be hyped for, at all, all I saw was GTA on neon and an over abuse of trashy colors. The first screenshot of CP was much better and was more serious and got me hyped up for a way better game than I'm waiting now delay after delay which I don't care about it anymore as it looks like a Skittles Box.

don't be politicians by giving people false hopes.
I prepaid this game more than a year ago.
it's better be a joke. I paid full price also I see that now game is on sale for cheaper price.
You better make up to people somehow. I'm already seeing alot criticism. It's either going to be a breakthrough or a golden turd of the gaming.
I guess heads will fly, whoever is responsible for planning and marketing.

Last edited:
I can't say I'm surprised. I'm not super upset though, I didn't follow CP2077 for as long as others and I don't really just trust any company (or at least have some sort of loyalty for them). We've seen delays already, I think it be best to just have some sort of "To be announced", no more moving the release date so people get their hopes up, especially since people are requesting time off work.

Guest 4406876

The gameplay I saw when it's not cut every 3 seconds it's not next gen, it's actually quite cluncky and bad. Cars got better, and Mocap actors during cinematics are good...I didn't see the game running anywhere yet, and when I saw it (last full official gameplay) was at CSS level.

I will definitely wait for this game, but I am disappointed and frustrated. My biggest gripe is that my vacation time has already been approved, and there's no way I can change it for later. I even waited until the game got the "GOLD" confirmation before I put my request in.

I really wanted to enjoy the launch to its fullest for this one. Oh well. :cry:

Apparently, you didn't read WHY they're delaying. It has nothing to do with polish or fixing massive problems. It's about getting it to work on Stadia.
That's just the point. If it CAN'T work on Stadia in a stable, polished format with minimal/negligible bugs, then the game clearly has technical and performance issues with that platform. In the role of the dev, it's their prerogative to release the game on all platforms at the same time. And not that of the fan base. Fans have exactly two choices to deal with this failure state. Either stop complaining, put up and wait. Or don't, go on a social media rampage decrying the dev, and/or boycott the game.

And in case you weren't aware: The world has not yet come to an end. So throwing a 5yr old temper tantrum on this forum and around the web will do NOTHING to alter the dev's decision btw. The game will be released when they're ready to release it. Period.

I don't see how cyberpunk 2077 will be innovative. It's just like The Witcher 3. A game that uses everything we know, but implemented with highest quality.

Witcher 3 didn't invent dialogue options, character development, RPG mechanics, scenarios, medieval weapons, sounds, music, soundtrack, story development and quest system, but they did it in a brilliant way, so it became the best game of 2015 (probably the best rpg for lot of players).

So for me, it's not strange if Cyberpunk 2077 don't have any kind of innovation, what I expect is that it'll be excelent in all aspects: quest design, dialogues, story, combat, driving, exploration, immersion, lore, etc.

That's just the point. If it CAN'T work on Stadia in a stable, polished format with minimal/negligible bugs, then the game clearly has technical and performance issues with that platform. In the role of the dev, it's their prerogative to release the game on all platforms at the same time. And not that of the fan base. Fans have exactly two choices to deal with this failure state. Either stop complaining, put up and wait. Or don't, go on a social media rampage decrying the dev, and/or boycott the game.

And in case you weren't aware: The world has not yet come to an end. So throwing a 5yr old temper tantrum on this forum and around the web will do NOTHING to alter the dev's decision btw. The game will be released when they're ready to release it. Period.

With all the changes, delays and disappointments that have accompanied this game so far we know well the futility of voicing concerns and complaints on this forum. That being said, such a place exists for people to both praise the game/developers as well as throw tomato's at them in form of words they'll likely never read. So while letting off steam and throwing a tantrum won't help, it won't hurt either.

That being said, such a place exists for people to both praise the game/developers as well as throw tomato's at them in form of words they'll likely never read. So while letting off steam and throwing a tantrum won't help, it won't hurt either.
I've been patrolling these threads for nearly five years, and I can assure users that the REDs are aware of feedback from the Forums, along with their other channels. The Devs mayn't always respond, or as often as some would like, but they continue to read here.

but not releasing the game on the platforms it's working on is like saying you can't graduate because little timmy failed his math class and if he can't graduate then you can't either

Well, I feel for all you developers is all I'm saying. You guys who've poured your hearts and minds into this and thought your were about to just cross the finish line. Can't imagine what you're going through, I hope you get a long and very well deserved break and big bonus once all this is over.

And I certainly hope management learns some very big lessons, you can't have another big development cycle like this. It's not about the release date being pushed back, not really. Most fans are happy to wait for a good game. But it is about setting and meeting expectations and treating your employees fairly and respecting their time.

I get it... "crunch" is bad... must delay to avoid the crunch... Well, here I have been working 60-80 hours a week since Covid began, and I finally had a promised date. SIKE! Guess I'll just die waiting. Maybe I can play CP2077 by 2077...:(

$$$ companies don't work that way. If I wouldn't meet my deadline on the job I would be laid off. You have alot to loose.
I know I still going to wait. By if the management will get away with this it will happen again and again. we already seen game postponed. Maybe they just need a new person who is more responsible?

Time will tell.

I'm not cancelling my pre-orders (Yes, I have multiple).

I'm not mad. I didn't feel this way when CDPR cancelled the September release date and announced the November one.
I thought I would be distraught, even potentially depressed, if there was another delay beyond the November date, but no...Amazingly, I feel calm and good...

Although, I am totally surprised, as I wouldn't have guessed a delay and would have lost a lot of money if I bet on it, lol.

My heart goes out to the devs that are under immense pressure with the new release date.

I wish everyone all the best.

Last edited:
Top Bottom