Important announcement regarding Cyberpunk 2077 release date

+
Would you rather CDPR went Kingdom Come Deliverance and take White Horse Studios route then? Be forced to release what would've been a PHENOMENAL game if it hadn't been for the game breaking bugs and glitches? All because they had run out of production budget? Why aren't you thankful CDPR doesn't have the production breaking dilemma WHS had to face i.e. where they really needed one year of polish to get KCD to work the way it said on the tin.

Same argument for how Bethesda rushed and pressured Obsidian into releasing Fallout New Vegas on schedule. Obsidian begged Bethesda to give them an extra year to fix the bugs and polish/optimize the game performance. But nope---Bethesda was having NONE of that. So Obsidian took a black eye for being forced to having to release a buggy game. The Fallout modding community eventually fixed/addressed all those issues over time. But it doesn't alter the fact that whenever a dev is FORCED into releasing an un-polished/non optimized for performance title --- just to keep to the release date-- that doing so does NOT end well.

Fast forward nine years later. Obsidian -- acting in the role of it's own dev AND publisher -- TAKES THEIR TIME to release The Outer Worlds. Which -- while limited in scope (i.e. lacking Bethesda engine capacity to run the game world in an open world environment like Fallout) -- was released as a COMPLETELY FINISHED, POLISHED & OPTIMIZED GAME. Period.

TL;DR
Not surprised they were forced to move the release date. This title is INSANELY ambitious and is perhaps the deepest RPG in the action genre the industry has ever seen to date. This delay could be the difference between CP2077 being GOTY 2020 or not. Why can't ppl see that?? They need to do what they think and know will allow them to release a finished game. With minimum bugs and reliable/complete optimization. I'd rather they delay the game than feel they're being held HOSTAGE to the impatient gamers of this fan base. And then be forced to release a buggy title the likes of KCD, Fallout NV or god forbid another Anthem II. :giveup: Just to keep the impatient gamers in the CP2077 fan base happy.:facepalm:
Outer Worlds was a buggy mess for me. Actually moreso than NV. I'm done pretending Obsidian is some amazing dev.

Guest 4406876

I've been patrolling these threads for nearly five years, and I can assure users that the REDs are aware of feedback from the Forums, along with their other channels. The Devs mayn't always respond, or as often as some would like, but they continue to read here.
That's a very good thing and if they really exceed expectations they created themselves they'll be placed on the top of the pyramid of the hall of fame forever, and immovable and all of this will turn into a positive thing like "you see they delayed and see what they gave us! A MASTERPIECE!" if they fail to deliver (and not speaking about bugs or performance but about gameplay and depth and quality of gameplay feedback etc etc) then they need to rethink their approach with the community. Masterpieces are recognized by people, not by its creator beforehand tho. Delays don't always go togheter with "real quality".

If you were standing in front of a restaurant and the opening hour would change every 5minutes, you'd probably be pissed too.

The game or the devs arent the problem here, it's the people in charge of the planning and the dead line whoever they may be who can't decide on a date or whatever.

A 5month delay for a "announced game and ready to preorder" is ok, a whole year sounds like a scame, it was never clear from the get go, reason why people get angry.
Well since I'm a cynical pragmatist at heart. Who has developed an extremely thick hide to where AAA and AA devs have made it their goal to continuously disappoint me with where promises and their titles are concerned. Bethesda with #SavePlayer1 and the fiasco that continues being Fallout 4/Fallout 76. TES VI being delayed for a DECADE. ESO = increasing GIGO coding of an MMO title that regurgitates Skyrim DLC as drip feed DLC. White Horse Studios and KCD. Rockstar and GTAO (single player) with no Bully 2 in sight. That joke of a non existent title called Anthem by Bioware, a AAA dev I once worshiped for 20 years like Bethesda. Spore/The Sims 3 and fall of Maxis/The Sims Studio to the EA Borg. Star Cit---

Well the list is too long to ramble on about here. Point is: I WOULDN'T be pissed off if the restaurant opening hour were to change every 5 mins. After the first 10-15 mins of said tomfoolery, I'm smart enough to turn, smile at the person behind me in the line, and tell them they can have my spot. Then get in my car and drive to another restaurant which I KNOW is already open, or opens on time.

See, I don't constrain my entire life to playing one game. I play many titles and typically ones which I've heavily modded/customized on my PC aka Skyrim/Fallout, RDR2, Elite Dangerous, NMS, Space Engineers, Satisfactory, Mafia 1-3, Subnatica, Witcher 3, KCD, ESO etc etc etc. That's just the tip of the iceberg in my Steam library to date. :LOL:

So you see, I'm fairly preoccupied trying to beat the vanilla/heavily modded games in my Steam library atm. And so perfectly content to wait until CDPR decides to release this amazing title when they feel they're ready. :LOL:

And if it takes until CHRISTMAS DAY to do so, then I'm probably going to have to stock up on popcorn and beer. The histrionics on this forum alone (nvm the scat storm that will be going down on Reddit) will be truly priceless to behold.

Last edited:
Outer Worlds was a buggy mess for me. Actually moreso than NV. I'm done pretending Obsidian is some amazing dev.
Next time buy a PC. Flawless gaming experience.

little known tip: Obsidian specifically developed and optimized TOW for the PC platform, not console. Only pushed it that way due to their association with M$. I had zero bugs, glitches, CTDs etc playing any aspect of that game. Same experience for my other PC friends. So yeah, the New Egg is your bff. Build your own PC for under $1K and extend the play life of ALL your games by at least a decade. Skyrim/Fallout franchises are perfect examples of why that is so :LOL:

https://www.newegg.com/

How odd, Outer Worlds was surprisingly functional for me, it worked very well.
They're clearly butt hurt about the news. Let them vent. Better out than in as Shrek is fond of saying.

Besides, this fan boi rave fest will blow over by the start of next week. Because like I said, wth are upset fan bois going to do about this delay aka something that is 100% outside the span of their control? Oh wait-----

|
|
|
V
Nothing.

Absolutely nothing at all.

Cheers :LOL:
Post automatically merged:

Don't know why but reading all the reactions here, on reddit, on neogaf and on resetera gives me a sense of GOT S08 type of disappointment vibes. :shrug:
Please.

Don't EVER.

Compare ANYTHING

to GoT S8.

EVER.

It's vulgar, passé and the height of social unsophistication in civilized society.

To do so, is to invoke the wrath of Sithis....

Last edited:
So with this new excuse and the trend CDPR is following here (delay, delay , delay), could they lose their GOTY award if they don't release the game this year?

I mean Big Navi video card is coming out real soon, won't they need another delay to optimize the game to it? That's worth at least another 3 or 4 weeks of delay.

Yea I'm Pissed (n)

Next time buy a PC. Flawless gaming experience.

little known tip: Obsidian specifically developed and optimized TOW for the PC platform, not console. Only pushed it that way due to their association with M$. I had zero bugs, glitches, CTDs etc playing any aspect of that game. Same experience for my other PC friends. So yeah, the New Egg is your bff. Build your own PC for under $1K and extend the play life of ALL your games by at least a decade. Skyrim/Fallout franchises are perfect examples of why that is so :LOL:

https://www.newegg.com/
Lmao I played it on my built PC :shrug: multiple quest breaking bugs, randomly resurrected NPC, CTD, and physics issues.

Same on the Xbox side with the addition of never being able to pull down my cloud saves, which the only game that has any issues doing that. Thankfully I didn't have to pay for either copy since it's on gamepass

Hmm this is so weird and out of nowhere. I was not expecting another delay.

I read that they said only a natural disaster would delay CP2077 a third time now look..

I find it weirder still that in the last NCW they announced that CP2077 was launching on Stadia alongside everyone else on Nov 19th.

Now they're saying there's issues launching the game on so many different platforms? Hmmm

Lmao I played it on my built PC :shrug: multiple quest breaking bugs, randomly resurrected NPC, CTD, and physics issues.

Same on the Xbox side with the addition of never being able to pull down my cloud saves, which the only game that has any issues doing that. Thankfully I didn't have to pay for either copy since it's on gamepass

I had absolutely no problems at all on the PC version.

Everyone just needs to chill and accept that the world doesn't revolve around your wants and needs. Being upset about the delay, even if you scheduled time around it, seems rather childish. You can find other things to do while you wait, and your life isn't ruined because you can't get in an extra couple days of play time at launch.

People are annoyed (to put it on gentle terms) because CDPR broke their promisse to relase the game in the announced date. Not once, nor twice, but three times.

They didn't honored the contract terms related to timing. Why it would be childish to be pissed? It's not like a bunch of spoiled kids that are receiving favors from Santa Claus for free, complaining about nothing.

It was a product, that a lot of people paid for in advance, or were willing to pay when it comes out, to see the delivery being delayed time after time.

If you buy a car, a phone, a painting, a sword, or another object, according to this flawed logic, you can't complain if it doesn't deliver in time, otherwise you're being "childish". What kind of logic is that?

I did not really intend to write this. What's the point ultimately? You will do what you will do, CDPR. But on the off-chance you actually take a look at the feedback on this thread, I have a bone to pick;

Everyone was with you, from the start. But I have been browsing the web for quite some time now and I see video after video discrediting you, and reddit thread after reddit thread, fan community post after fan community post. I do believe the backlash this time is a lot greater than it was in prior instances, because people were still willing to give you leeway. There are theories floating around that you are postponing the launch for the sake of the next gen console releases, I have no idea if that is true but on the off-chance it is; DO NOT. You still have a chance to salvage this, I can only imagine the absolute PR nightmare you are going through, but you have people who have sat on pre-orders for a very long time and kept up with development loyally only to get screwed over by the impending next gen. I think deep down everyone knows the game is ready, and if it is not, then, that raises entirely different concerns. But believe me, CDPR, those laurels you have gathered over the years are rapidly being erased.

If you are smart about this, you would release the game to the current gen owners and let them help you collect data and bug reports for the next gen if indeed that is what you are up to. If not, well, as I said that raises whole other concerns. I hope that all the feedback makes you reconsider your current stance on the game's release, not because players are greedy and they WANT IT NOW, no this is entirely based on the hype you have built over the past few months only to let everyone down again, it isn't cool. And I do not think that even if Cyberpunk 2077 lives up to all the expectations you have placed on us out there, people are going to trust your game development processes ever again and I can see pre-orders for your products dwindling in the future. I am not a business savvy person, far from, but I spend enough time on the internet that I know when things are getting bad by now and this is reaching... No Man's Sky levels of apocalyptic. At the very least, I think you owe everyone an explanation on what is going on.

Thank you if you took the time to read this, CDPR
- A Concerned Client and Customer

Last edited:
Everyone just needs to chill and accept that the world doesn't revolve around your wants and needs. Being upset about the delay, even if you scheduled time around it, seems rather childish. You can find other things to do while you wait, and your life isn't ruined because you can't get in an extra couple days of play time at launch.
I don't play games in generally. But set aside two weeks for this game. Because of family circumstances etc.,. And yeah I'm pissed. Because of time management it's my only time just right before the holiday season.
I'm surprised how people got tricked and bullshited, and everybody is fine with that. since everybody is fine maybe somebody could pay my mortgage or rent? Thanks in advance.

time is the only valuable resource that I don't take for granted.

While I am, like many others, disappointed by this news, I do understand. One thing I have learned (at my age) is quality takes time. I'm in for the quality and I believe the wait will be worth it.

Top Bottom