Cyberpunk 2077 - GOLD

+
Heh, that 'it's got a thing to it' was unfortunately the reason it was played mercilessly at one point in the 80's. I hesistated even looking it up again because of ptsd.

They were a big band back in the day and had a fierce rivalry with Duran Duran.

I inadvertantly saw the singer (minus the band) live at a club in Southend, England, around 1998. He was half drunk and had a mic in one hand and a pint of beer in the other. Classy :) He sang one song - and yes, it was 'Gold'. Triggered ;)
Wow no way! Amazing! :D

im wondering has this ever even happened ?
A goldeneye game in 2004 got it's release date in the US only pushed back 5 days from release after it went gold before that. That's the only other one I've heard of. Really it was more of a delay shipping the product in the US than a development delay so I don't even hold it as the same thing. This is certainly unprecedented in modern gaming

A goldeneye game in 2004 got it's release date in the US only pushed back 5 days from release after it went gold before that. That's the only other one I've heard of. Really it was more of a delay shipping the product in the US than a development delay so I don't even hold it as the same thing. This is certainly unprecedented in modern gaming
thanks for the info
i just feel bad for the developers who are being pressured by these deadlines if anything it shows the piss poor communication between the management and devs
Post automatically merged:

Last edited:
What`s the record for must delays in a game ?

Heh, in terms of sheer time, it'd be Duke Nukem Forever as far as I know. 15 years. It was worked on for 2-3 years, shelved, brought back out, bought up by another dev etc,. I think they gave it 2-3 vague release windows and a couple of work in progress demos before it disappeared for years. One involved showing a dragon in Las Vegas, iirc.

In terms of a game getting repeated release dates and then changing them, I don't know. The most recent to come to mind is Phoenix Point that got its release date changed 3 times I think.

Last edited:
As could be expected, they got greedy and tried to maximize profit to unreasonable lengths (why try to release it on so many platforms in the first place?) and now the devs are paying the price... So are the players.
Remind me how CDPR is any different from any other company please?

It's always the same model. Get into the big league with a good product and a solid ethic and then sell it all out.
It's easy to be on a high horse and to "care about the community" when you're a small company and there are not hundreds of millions of dollars at play.

Last edited:
At least it's not like Star Citizen... crowdfunded in 2012, it's still vaporware. Despite having raised more than $300m in crowdfunding through the years.

At least it's not like Star Citizen... crowdfunded in 2012, it's still vaporware. Despite having raised more than $300m in crowdfunding through the years.

Well Start Citizen was playable for long time (after a fashion, but its a sandbox - release version would still be mostly pointless messing around) :)

Out of sheer time delay numbers

Or big names like Breath of the Wild. 2 years
Team fortress 2, 8-10 years
Prey, 11 years.
FF XV. 6 years + another 6 during the name change, game change etc.
Pillars of Eternity, 1 Year.

But lets stick with this year on games that have been delayed due to all the various current year logistics or other reasons.

Cyberpunk 2077, Marvel’s Avengers, Dying Light 2, and Final Fantasy VII Remake , Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Skull & Bones, Doom Eternal (Nov 2019 - March 2020), and The Last of Us Part 2 (Feb 2020 -June 2020). Metroid Prime 4, Watch Dogs :Legion, Rainbow six Quarentine. Many of which were announced for 2019 release dates originally...
Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2, and some other games that aren't even as technical or indepth as 2077 that have also been delayed from end of last year to this year and have yet to be released.

The list goes on....and some of those on the list are now Q1 2021. Doesn't even include the ones that are in pre-release forever stages.

The list goes on....and some of those on the list are now Q1 2021. Doesn't even include the ones that are in pre-release forever stages.

Did any of these games:
-Go gold prior to getting delayed?
-Got delayed less than a month prior to release date?
-Got delayed 3 consecutive times in a single year?

A single, long delay, announced well in advance, is perfectly reasonable and professional-looking I think. That ship has sailed for CDPR.

Last edited:
Out of sheer time delay numbers

Or big names like Breath of the Wild. 2 years
Team fortress 2, 8-10 years
Prey, 11 years.
FF XV. 6 years + another 6 during the name change, game change etc.
Pillars of Eternity, 1 Year.

But lets stick with this year on games that have been delayed due to all the various current year logistics or other reasons.

Cyberpunk 2077, Marvel’s Avengers, Dying Light 2, and Final Fantasy VII Remake , Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Skull & Bones, Doom Eternal (Nov 2019 - March 2020), and The Last of Us Part 2 (Feb 2020 -June 2020). Metroid Prime 4, Watch Dogs :Legion, Rainbow six Quarentine. Many of which were announced for 2019 release dates originally...
Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2, and some other games that aren't even as technical or indepth as 2077 that have also been delayed from end of last year to this year and have yet to be released.

but alot of these games didnt have release dates ,my issue with Cyberpunk is the fact that they put release dates and all it does is pressure the developers even though the game is very far from complete ,i personally think that valve did that flawlessly ,they came out of no where announced a new half life game 6 months before the release and boom ,no delay or any of that BS ,i respect that VTMB 2 and Dying light 2 have no release dates its good for the developers.
what is funny though is that even the twitter account confirmed YESTERDAY that the game wont be delayed and now it is being reported that even the developers themselves didnt know about the delay.

I've never heard of this situation before. Delays, yes, for all kinds of reasons. Even heard of games arriving prior to release date. But gold is gold. It used to mean something, and originally going gold meant it would arrive on time. Ergo, no one said anything about going gold unless they could deliver.

In these days with Early access and betas...no, this was a surprise. Not the actual delay, absolutely not a surprise to me, but a delay after going gold is...hm...unheard of.:think:

EDIT: To me it is unheard of.

Cyberpunk 2077 has gone gold! 📀

See you in Night City on November 19th!
I cannot wait for Dec. 10th! :D I'll just thank you early for an excellent winter vacation!

Maybe Cyberpunk 2077 is like Half Life 3: the more you say that it's coming out soon, the longer it takes before it actually releases.
In that case...
Cyberpunk 2077 most certainly will not be released on December 10 of the year 2020.

Top Bottom