Important announcement regarding Cyberpunk 2077 release date

+
Welcome to CyberNukem 2077 where 2077 isn't the game setting but year of release.

Glad I didn't pre-order it.

Everyone just needs to chill and accept that the world doesn't revolve around your wants and needs. Being upset about the delay, even if you scheduled time around it, seems rather childish. You can find other things to do while you wait, and your life isn't ruined because you can't get in an extra couple days of play time at launch.

I disagree, as a matter of fact, I think this is the one time I can think of where some degree of disappointment, frustration, and anger at a developer is actually not out of line. Now, I'm not saying cancel the pre-orders and grab the pitchforks and torches. In fact, I'm still buying the game, I'm not changing my plans to buy my pre-order on Friday when I get paid, and I'm absolutely expecting to enjoy it when it comes out.

However, I do understand why people are upset. First, and not really CDPR's fault, this is just another disappointment for some people in a long month of disappointing events in the tech entertainment field. Nvidia's absolutely bungled launch of the 30xx series and the fact that most people probably can't get the next-gen console of their choice didn't help soften this blow at all. Next, up until about 24 hours ago, the PR/Marketing teams were all guaranteeing no more delays and a solid November 19th release.

That is totally CDPR's fault. They talked themselves into that corner, and it feels like there's no communication happening between the offices. We aren't talking about what some random website or a YouTuber whose friend's friend's cousin totally works there told people, these were statements made by official accounts that are less than a day old right now. If the events leading up to this didn't create the appropriate time where people can hop onto a place where someone from the company involved with the decision might see their feedback then when is?

On the bright side, the money I am saving by not pre-ordering CP2077, today, can now potentially go into picking up some games during the Mid-Week madness sale on Steam ;)
Finally a gamer who gets it.

Steam will be losing it' s mind on massive title discounts by Black Friday. Even if they pushed release into next year -- and managed to survive the bloodthirsty, pitchfork wielding lynch mob descending upon their social media addresses from everywhere --- that still won't alter the reality of this post.

There are tons of equally engaging games out there on Steam. Bulk up your Steam library with the upcoming discounts over the next few weeks. Take out any disappointment from CP2077 delay playing/trying to beat said games. Basically, stop taking life so damned seriously. It's just a game, and not some life altering, spiritual epiphany of an experience akin to the Second Coming.

You can't stop the sun from coming up tomorrow. So seriously, ppl need to stop barking up the wrong tree. Just chill. Geez. All heated like tea....

Here's hoping when it finally comes out on the 10th my CE won't get stolen off my porch because I can't take the 10th off to wait for it.

Here's hoping when it finally comes out on the 10th my CE won't get stolen off my porch because I can't take the 10th off to wait for it.
Now that's a gamble.
I hope I can readjust my vacation which was set yesterday.
If they delay it again though, I'll be even more gutted than right now.

I seriously hope it's not cause of Stadia but I fear it is, and what's worse, it's such a bad product if you look at the people who have used it. I can't imagine how they will make gold out of ****

Now that's a gamble.
I hope I can readjust my vacation which was set yesterday.
If they delay it again though, I'll be even more gutted than right now.

I seriously hope it's not cause of Stadia but I fear it is, and what's worse, it's such a bad product if you look at the people who have used it. I can't imagine how they will make gold out of ****

Right. I will not be able to change my vacation yet again if they play with the dates again. Apparently they're sending gifts to the guy who tweeted them and was responded to yesterday with "full confirmation" They really ought to be doing that for all of us who have had our vacations booked. I don't mind providing proof of it for a free collectors edition especially if they want to throw an Xbox Series X my way.

Hmmm well as for the apology you can take that and stick it where the sun don't shine. As much as I hate to be on RS* and T2I side, who only ever say "DLC will be released in the summer etc" and if release a DLC date it's actually released on that date unlike REDKIT that releases a game date and constantly pushes it back which has the effect of upsetting some people.
You should announce a release date until you can actually release it on that date otherwise your reputation and revenue stream suffers.
My best advise, for what it's worth, don't paint yourself into a corner with precise dates unless your absolutely 1 million % sure it's going to be released on that date, instead say summer release, winter release, spring,,etc. You get what I mean, that way you have room to maneuver should you wish to fine tune.
I'm so over wating for this game other things to do...

My best advise, for what it's worth, don't paint yourself into a corner with precise dates unless your absolutely 1 million % sure it's going to be released on that date, instead say summer release, winter release, spring,,etc. You get what I mean, that way you have room to maneuver should you wish to fine tune.
I'm so over wating for this game other things to do...

An exact date is fine when you're 80+% sure. Then if something unexpected happens like suddenly all the stores are out of toilet paper (baffles me to this day) then OK fine I understand you have a delay that was unavoidable. Then For months you promise the date is set in stone that in fact the game is 100% done they're just knocking the dents out of the car and polishing the hood. OK great now we know it will be released because the game has gone gold. It is done and there will be no more delays. At that point when you make a delay YET AGAIN. That's when it becomes inexcusable.

Right. I will not be able to change my vacation yet again if they play with the dates again. Apparently they're sending gifts to the guy who tweeted them and was responded to yesterday with "full confirmation" They really ought to be doing that for all of us who have had our vacations booked. I don't mind providing proof of it for a free collectors edition especially if they want to throw an Xbox Series X my way.

Of course they are. Sad that I'm not a Twitter goblin. Just some slimy forum regular.

I agree. Actually commented something similar but more serious on the twitter thread about this. Comp'ing the one guy who went viral is a PR stunt and a poor one at that. It's very obviously there are SOOO many other people that did the same (myself included). And some of us have done it MULTIPLE TIMES. If they aren't figuring out a way to make it right by EVERYONE they boned, its just PR, not a fix.

I am sorry to say this but CDPR just lost all my trust
I will just lump you now with other devs like Bethesda, Square, and such
This incompetence getting tiring
My hype for the game actually just plummet, not because the game might be bad but because this game must be broken beyond believe if you prefer to delay it after going gold
With so many delays, I don't care anymore about this game and stop following the news, trailer, and all
Gonna cancel my pre-order too and pirate the game when it release (I know you don't mind piracy, so all is well)
I will still buy the game in the end, but when it's dirt cheap like 85% off
Gonna give my money to studio that more deserving for full price pre-order and can keep their promise
This is your own fault for wanting to support so many platform, like really why you want to support Stadia, Series S, and all?
You chew more than you can bite, definitely not looking forward to your next game announcement either
Might as well full of delays, sweet talk, and all
Hope you learn your lesson, because as it is you just lose a fan and will be quite awhile to regain that trust
And I know I am not alone with this sentiment

Really man, you guys should just keep using the "Out when it's ready" until the game actually ready for release

I am sorry to say this but CDPR just lost all my trust
I will just lump you now with other devs like Bethesda [...]
Nah... you can't compare games like TES IV: Oblivion with CP2077. That's not fair at all.

Let's all listen to Alanah's peaceful thoughts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nah... you can't compare games like TES IV: Oblivion with CP2077. That's not fair at all.
I am not comparing their games
Cyberpunk 2077 going to be brilliant game, I don't doubt that

I am comparing their attitude as a company or game maker studio
I just can't trust words that coming out from them anymore
Was the time the chose to use first person view only now because for "artistic and immersive" reason like they said or it because they can't do it and introduced more bugs?
I will answer the first one before but now after seeing how this game kept getting delayed for "polishing" even after went Gold, I will say the second

With this delay, people are going to expect a bug free, polished, and optimize game at launch because CDPR kept "polishing" and making sure it's up to their quality bar
Which I doubt it will be like that, no modern game will ever be in that state at launch
Heck even Witcher 3 still have bugs till this day, albeit no more game breaking bugs

My issue is not game getting delayed
My issue is about how they can't keep their promise multiple times
There is only so much time that you can do that before people fed up

Last edited:
Would you rather CDPR went Kingdom Come Deliverance and take White Horse Studios route then? Be forced to release what would've been a PHENOMENAL game if it hadn't been for the game breaking bugs and glitches?

TL;DR
Not surprised they were forced to move the release date. This title is INSANELY ambitious and is perhaps the deepest RPG in the action genre the industry has ever seen to date. This delay could be the difference between CP2077 being GOTY 2020 or not. Why can't ppl see that?? They need to do what they think and know will allow them to release a finished game. With minimum bugs and reliable/complete optimization. I'd rather they delay the game than feel they're being held HOSTAGE to the impatient gamers of this fan base. And then be forced to release a buggy title the likes of KCD, Fallout NV or god forbid another Anthem II. :giveup: Just to keep the impatient gamers in the CP2077 fan base happy.:facepalm:

Setting up a strawman doesn't help your argument. I never said that Warhorse Studio's path with KCD was better.

My point simply is this: I don't trust that Cyberpunk 2077 will be GOTY-worthy, even after a delay, because it's developed by a company that has zero clue about evaluating their capacity, making realistic development plans, and avoiding overpromising stuff. These problems aren't just gonna affect the release date - although that's bad enough already - but they WILL affect the quality of Cyberpunk 2077.

Change is synonymous with life
We must be open, receptive and accept it
Yet at the same time, never abolish or forget the past
For the past is significant in setting up and guiding the future
Open your eyes, your ears and your...

Aaaah, forget that. NOT A HAPPY CAMPER

It's my fault. I wanted long hair and pretty faces at Character Creation.

FCEnd.jpg

Top Bottom