The epic GWENT Saovine Holiday Event has begun!

+

The Saovine special event, which begins today and will run until November 3rd, gives you the chance to earn Treasure Chests by winning matches. Each Treasure Chest contains a unique in-game gift, such as: a cardback, border, portrait, player title, or in-game resources — Ore or Meteorite Powder.

Accompanying the festivities are a number of limited-time offers available in the in-game store. You can purchase a customizable neutral leader skin for Shupe the Troll — available as part of a bundle alongside a unique avatar and player title. Moreover, the in-game store will also feature other Saovine-themed ornaments, including a Ghost leader skin for Cleaver. All items will be available until November 3rd.

So, opted to purchase the Shupe leader bundle, but I still cannot use any of it ingame.
I exited and restarted the game client but to no avail.
Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Thanks for the update regarding Shupe.
If I recall correctly, his bundle was listed as £6.09 in the Shop, yet I was charged $7.99 (£6.39) according to my Paypal summary.
Now, 30p might not seem like much, but surely there's something wrong here...?

Thanks for the update regarding Shupe.
If I recall correctly, his bundle was listed as £6.09 in the Shop, yet I was charged $7.99 (£6.39) according to my Paypal summary.
Now, 30p might not seem like much, but surely there's something wrong here...?
The post I did above was actually only related to the problem that the Shupe skin seems to be currently unequitable, if you think that you've been charged to much for it you should probably contact GOG support.

How do we earn those chests??? How many can we get per day??? What are the odds of getting a cosmetic item??? How many cosmetics are there??? Why is the progression based on loot-boxes again??? Why are you forcing us go through this ordeal again??? Why can't you give us quests or contracts with clear conditions and rewards instead of loot-boxes??? Why can't you at least give us all the information???

This event started 2 hours ago and i'm already sick of it!!! They did the exact same thing a year ago and it sucked, and here we go again - same BS, 0 improvements!!! I said it a year ago and i'm saying it again today: RNG event with loot-box based progression is WORSE THAN NOTHING!!!

RNG event with loot-box based progression is WORSE THAN NOTHING!!!
If we had to pay money to open these 'loot box' rewards, I'd see the logic in complaining, but given that this event is completely free and requires no payment to participate, then it's just a bonus on regular gameplay.

rrc

Forum veteran
If we had to pay money to open these 'loot box' rewards, I'd see the logic in complaining, but given that this event is completely free and requires no payment to participate, then it's just a bonus on regular gameplay.
If the rewards are pay-walled, it is even more horrible, but at least it is honest. If it is behind contracts (do something, anything, these many times on these many leader, etc. anything) where people can know what to do to get it and can earn it is a perfect system. Leaving it completely to RNG only adds to frustration. Someone can play 100s of games and not get it and someone can play just 10 games and get them. This uncertainty just adds to frustration and it was never a pleasant experience to begin with. When CDPR repeats the same thing again, some people get (rightfully?) mad.

Well, if ppl were blaming about the extend ciri journey and all the meta decks in unranked games, you guys should see how its now.

Everyone is using meta decks to win the games and open the chests.

When i think the game cant be more frustation our devs can give us another boring thing. Why for good we dont have a filter in unranked matches to avoid those things?

Are you telling me that you preffer loot-boxes over quests or contracts???? I'm a completionist; if it's free, i want it, and i want it all. So for me, event like this, is THE WORST!
I guarantee you, there isn't a single Gwent player in the entire world, that would preffer loot-box based progresion over clearly defined progression by quests or contracts.

Last edited:
Maybe I am very lucky, but for 5 opened boxes, but I got only trinkets. :)
I did win 2 matches and got 2 trinkets, so hopefully you unlock all the trinkets first and only after you unlocked them all there will be scraps and ore in them, that would at least make it lot less annoying compared to the Xmas one.

I did win 2 matches and got 2 trinkets, so hopefully you unlock all the trinkets first and only after you unlocked them all there will be scraps and ore in them, that would at least make it lot less annoying compared to the Xmas one.
3 loot boxes and i can already confirm that's not the case, i got 2 cosmetics and 50 ore. That means the content of loot-boxes is random. I assume everyone will get bunch of trinkets early on and the last few (obviously cardbacks) will be a tedious frustrating ordeal. And if that wasn't enough, CDPR doesn't even have the decency to tell us how this event works!

3 loot boxes and i can already confirm that's not the case, i got 2 cosmetics and 50 ore. That means the content of loot-boxes is random. I assume everyone will get bunch of trinkets early on and the last few (obviously cardbacks) will be a tedious frustrating ordeal. And if that wasn't enough, CDPR doesn't even have the decency to tell us how this event works!
And here I thought they learned something from last time, especially considering that this event doesn't exactly last that long and even requires you winning matches. The Xmas challenge lasted a few weeks and I opened a few snowman gifts every damn day and didn't get any of the Cardbacks so I hope that I will have more luck this time.

Last edited:
Looks like a cool event, too bad it's behind RnG "progression". :giveup:
I'm off to get me some wins and some goodies.

Good luck to everybody ! :beer:

Top Bottom