Important announcement regarding Cyberpunk 2077 release date

+
Won't it be easier to understand management's decision if they weren't hiding things, even from their own dev' and from their community manager?

I don't understand? What should they be hiding and to what benefit? Isn't it far more plausible to assume, the upper management talked to each other and some testers and said: Oh God, we can't make it in time. Let's announce it as soon as possible instead of waiting (and hiding!) it.

So from the latest CDPR conference with shareholders (http://biznes.pap.pl/en/news/all/in...d-projekt-video-games-on-cyberpunk-2077-delay)

Potato current gen consoles can't run the game still.

Somebody will take a fall for this latest delay? At least this shows they know they cannot continue making games with such organizational mess.

This leaves me a bit reassured on the 10th of December. So basically they 'could' give it to us on 19th Nov but they want to ensure the highest possible quality and polish. It seems that who ever did play the game had been so impressed as to state they never played a game like that.

Honestly this sounds good and if it will give devs a bit of breathing room all the better.

This management relay definitely requires more coordination though

My indignation is not directed in any way towards the development corps!

Only the top management, which is vulnerable with a post about gold, wanted to emphasize that there will be no transfers .. And what we see .. The question remains how long will it take until similar news?

Attachments

• 1523108716150658595.jpg
    1523108716150658595.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 34
I don't understand? What should they be hiding and to what benefit? Isn't it far more plausible to assume, the upper management talked to each other and some testers and said: Oh God, we can't make it in time. Let's announce it as soon as possible instead of waiting (and hiding!) it.
I didn't say this. You're quoting somebody else.

The launch date announcement is really messed up.

This "everyone delays, why people are annoyed only with CDPR?" doesn't really stick. Here's why:

A) First they announced Cyberpunk 2077 in E3 of 2019 for april 2020 with Keanu Reeves! You don't call Keanu for him to lie, specially to your costumer!

Who honestly thought: "yeah yeah, this Keanu Reeves thing is a lie, they'll delay the game"?

B) They announce the second release date. Ok, this accidents happen, september is 5 months of delay, so with that much time they'll deliver for sure.

This pandemic problem slowed them down, it's understandable that 5 months is reasonable.

C) So they delayed the game a second time. Two more months, and they were streching the fans good will, some had already planned their vacations to april, then september, and would have to do it again in november, but this time is the charm, right?

D) Wrong, did you remember when we said November? It was a joke honk honk.

The game is not ready (but only for those who paid, the guys that judged us in gamescon played the full version, because for them the game was ready, believe me honk honk).

We'll release it in december 10th (who knows now? Will we release it, or not? Or will we keep the game on the fridge so you buy more merchandise with licensed cyberpunk 2077 branding on it?).

So if there are costumers that lost their trust in CDPR, it isn't really the costumer fault, is it?

Try to do that in your professional life and see what your costumer will think about it. ("Yeah, I know that I was supposed to make your surgery, but I'll have to delay that, but look how good this doctor funko with my face look? Go buy it while you wait. Your surgery will be ready in 5 months, and don't complain, because it's your fault you had trusted me edit: oh, yeah, I forgot to tell you, but this was a very hard decision for me to make and I'm terribly sorry for that. Honk honk.")

I don't know if anyone else noticed the pattern:
First official delay was 5 months, then 2 months, now 20 days.
Next will be 7-10 days, then 3-5 and then 1. We should have it by the end of the year :ROFLMAO:

Not true, still waiting for February and real next gen patch not before late 2021.

Witcher+Cyberpunk, 6 delays! If you are not sure about the date, then just don't give that exact promise, that costs trust. Imagining a CDPR fan, asked his company for 3 days off, in order to play Cyberpunk as soon as it released. Then he had this info......
This makes me doubt CDPR's project management ability.

And when AC Valhalla posted they are gold on facebook so many people make fun of them how they are lame for copy CDPR how they need to be ashamed, i wonder what they would say now.

Ok, let me rephrase: what makes this "wrong"?

That makes you untruthful to the least, which is wrong in my book, and being untruthful open ways for things I would ignore before because of "trust".

For exemple, now when Jason Schreier wrote that dev' are illegally working 100 hours/week , I can trust that, when my previous position about that was "I don't know who to trust between CDprojekt and that journalist.".

And when AC Valhalla posted they are gold on facebook so many people make fun of them how they are lame for copy CDPR how they need to be ashamed, i wonder what they would say now.
There's plenty of other more valid reasons to make fun of Ubisoft and why they should be ashamed :ROFLMAO:

That makes you untruthful to the least, which is wrong in my book, and being untruthful open ways for things I would ignore before because of "trust".

For exemple, now when Jason Schreier wrote that dev' are illegally working 100 hours/week , I can trust that, when my previous positon about that was "I don't know who to trust between CDprojekt and that journalist.".

Ok, I thought that it was in someway "wrong" to inform your employees at the same time as the whole world.

Also: CDPR bosses "lied" (as in, they broken they promise), but it does not automatically make Jason's reporting true. Jason has an agenda and he is unable to face any kind of critique. Those two character flaws may suggest that he will go very far in the "grey area" just to support his claims.

Top Bottom