Important announcement regarding Cyberpunk 2077 release date

+
The game is gold and is ready.
They just want to make a patch for the game and they underestimated how long it would take. So they gave hopefully more time to finish this for once.
It's hard to say stop if you are a perfectionist but it ought to be it then and it's scary if it's true.
I want ncw episode5 to ease the burn gimme some gameplay to show me what you delayed.
Of course not. The game has looked playable and like Mike pondsmith said Shippable.
They are going all out game of decade mode? Global cyberization it's too breath taking.
It's coming when it's ready... it never has been.. *Space guy with gun*

Some people are losing their minds over this.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a little angry that they broke their terms, but there's a limit.

Complaining is ok, but death threats are a step that should never have been taken.

Failing to deliver is a reason to complain to the company, as a costumer, but never to behave as a criminal.

Whoa..... i was certainly disappointed by the news, but jeeeesus..... :(

The game is gold and is ready.

To my understanding it's not what they said:
"ABOUT THE DELAY: "This situation is different" compared to previous changes to the deadline - the game for PC is ready and plays well on next-gen consoles and the company is finalizing the process concerning current gen consoles."

Guest 4406876

"ABOUT THE DELAY: "This situation is different" compared to previous changes to the deadline - the game for PC is ready and plays well on next-gen consoles and the company is finalizing the process concerning current gen consoles."
I honestly think the game isn't ready (as it wasn't in april when they said it was, just needed polish). It's just barely working and they need to get it ok for release which they had to move ahead. You don't delay at the last minute again after all this investments if you don't have serious issues. This game will be really finished maybe by 2021. And all this based on how few things are shown working during NCW and their lack of uncut content shown. Everything , at least to me, screams of "rush" and it's not really done hence we forced it gold or whatever their standard for gold is, could even be Beta for what we know, but Beta isn't really what people are expecting.

It sucks but.
It's just 3 weeks. We waited over 3100 days, we can wait 21 more. (just hope it's final)
Jason Shreier bullshitery might have something to do with it.
Covid. CDPR went through it with a single delay. But now there's a second wave in Poland with the lockdown, people droping dead left and right and a chance of a small civil war... So, go figure.
It still sucks big balls though.

PC version is ready.
plays well on next gen.
so we are all held up because current gen sucks.
what happend to "Release: when it's ready" CDPR?
PC is ready, why not release it?

That's not a big deal to have a delay again, better to have a good and ready game instead of one with full of glitches. Plus you guys there in Poland have a bit of rough days as I see it in the news :( … So keep up and don't care about some certain people's bad mouth. Your game will ROCK :)

Not the first time, won't be the last either. With TLoU2 things got even worse for weeks. Just to say that people's stupidity shouldn't surprise anyone.

Yeah. That's the way the world with social media works. With all kinds of mediums, from politics to entertainment to cladding your cat with a jacket in some facebook catgroup.

I can't resist mentioning here, that this kind of behavior (with games) could be (or... could've been) well mitigated by concetrating first and foremost on more niche and focused audiences instead of everyone and their horribly clad cats. The rest of the audience will come to a good game, if it really is good.

Well, this is surprising.

Never should have announced "gone Gold". That has implications for a state of completion that clearly wasn't correct.

But if another delay is necessary, then it's necessary. I'm curious though. Day one patches usually fix bugs that aren't game-breaking (usually -- Bethesda I'm looking at you). Bug stomping and content improvement / polishing usually continues through several subsequent patches. The fact that the game can't even be released on the anticipated date makes me think that there are still clear game-breaking bugs in it.

How bad are they? Is it just one or two platforms? If so, which ones - sounds like maybe the new PS5 and/or XBox. That would be understandable, since the platforms themselves aren't out yet, and probably are next to impossible to properly debug right now. In a case like this, where the game had already been announced as "Gold", some transparency would be helpful.

Would it be possible to get a refund for my RTX graphics card bought only for cyberpunk as a sacrifice to new generations of consoles ? (obviously not) Have you thought about players like me ? Who invested in PC hardware to be able to fully play Cyberpunk 2077? To the detriment of new consoles ? Have you even thought about it? I've been waiting for this game for years, everything was prepared for its release! Release it at least on pc on the scheduled date! If only for all the players who like me have sacrificed the new consoles to optimize their PC ! Have you no qualms ? The truth would it be, the fact that you sold the dream on big pc optimized in a professional way ? And that since these last months you realize on console the rendering is very very far from what you showed? How many lies have you announced! And how many more to come ? Be straight ! Release at least the game in PC version on the scheduled date !

Are you not going to play other games in the future?

The author may well have had 1080ti before, for example. It is still relevant and will be for a long time, excluding RTX nuance. For me now, the only motivation to buy a new generation is Cyberpunk.

Are you not going to play other games in the future?

I'm mainly a console gamer, but for me cyberpunk was the messiah of a decade, THE GAME, hence my choice to invest in a huge PC config, sacrificing the purchase of next gen consoles, my card is a payment over several months, I am not swimming under gold !

The author may well have had 1080ti before, for example. It is still relevant and will be for a long time, excluding RTX nuance. For me now, the only motivation to buy a new generation is Cyberpunk.

Ah, I suppose that's true.

I'm mainly a console gamer, but for me cyberpunk was the messiah of a decade, THE GAME, hence my choice to invest in a huge PC config, sacrificing the purchase of next gen consoles, my card is a payment over several months, I am not swimming under gold !

Well, if it's any consolidation, you can use your newly built supercomputer like a console by connecting it to your TV and getting a wireless (or wired... wich ever way) controller for it. And with that GPU, you will most likely outlive this "new" generation of consoles and still be relatively well off once the next comes (which is probably just updating the current ones to a +1 model). So you likely made an investment for the future that'll pay itself back in due time.

I was so excited about the Nov. 19 date since it was right next to my birthday. But hey, a late gift is better than no gift! Thank you for your hard work.

That came from time where you was not able to update game so fast and so often, today that quote mean nothing really.
Actually, a game's first impressions can make the difference between someone continuing to play the game and someone never playing the game even if whatever made them quit was fixed.

Ah, I suppose that's true.

Well, if it's any consolidation, you can use your newly built supercomputer like a console by connecting it to your TV and getting a wireless (or wired... wich ever way) controller for it. And with that GPU, you will most likely outlive this "new" generation of consoles and still be relatively well off once the next comes (which is probably just updating the current ones to a +1 model). So you likely made an investment for the future that'll pay itself back in due time.

The pc is already on the TV and its normal screen, but this purchase would never have happened if the date had not been announced for November 19, 2020! Even more so with an official cooldown until its release date! I trusted! I am disgusted

Dear CDRed
I want to wish everyone working at the Company and on the game to take it easy and Don't listen to people calling you names due to most recent delay. We know you guys are working hard and want to see the game fully completed just as we do.
I personally think you should delay as long you see fit and as long it makes your vision of the game become reality.
I'm only one of your many fans
Love you guys♥

Last edited:
Top Bottom