Cyberpunk 2077 - GOLD

+
Congrats!
One of the very few games to ever get delayed after going gold. How to lose your credibility 101
You really think this loses CDPR credibility?

CDPR is working to give us a product that works correctly out of the box, and doing so across multiple platforms so no one gets it first. So I'd say this increases their Street Ced with anybody that understands developers don't owe us anything. By purchasing, or avoiding their product we, the customers, determine if their product is worth what they want to charge for it.

You really think this loses CDPR credibility?

CDPR is working to give us a product that works correctly out of the box, and doing so across multiple platforms so no one gets it first. So I'd say this increases their Street Ced with anybody that understands developers don't owe us anything. By purchasing, or avoiding their product we, the customers, determine if their product is worth what they want to charge for it.
Absolutely. Failing to meet announced deadlines over and over loses credibility. It shows failures in many areas of the business and makes consumers question the quality of the product. If you've bought the product already, they do owe you something. And they've continuously failed to deliver on that. Most industries see that as failure, and their 10% drop in stock price yesterday shows how the industry feels as well.

I guess only thing i curious about is are they going to refund the pre orders or just extend them (ps4 digital preorder) I just wanted to know cause the first delay they canceled it and i check my preorder today and it still says 11/18. I know things take time cool with this. And sorry wasnt sure were to post at.

Absolutely. Failing to meet announced deadlines over and over loses credibility. It shows failures in many areas of the business and makes consumers question the quality of the product. If you've bought the product already, they do owe you something. And they've continuously failed to deliver on that. Most industries see that as failure, and their 10% drop in stock price yesterday shows how the industry feels as well.

Yeah, this is the worst part, the communication and timing. The April-September delay I got, roona and lockdown and all. The September-November delay I did not like but fixing game-breaking bugs is important (I experienced that first hand with Kingmaker - first two months we couldn't even get to later chapters due to bugs). This one, this is over the line because they already announced it publicly that the game is completed.

I sense it has to do something with next gen consoles but they could've released the game for current gen on tima as they have promised and an update for next gen later - this way it feels like a massive disappointment for all of us.

I sense it has to do something with next gen consoles but they could've released the game for current gen on tima as they have promised and an update for next gen later - this way it feels like a massive disappointment for all of us.
the problem is current gen consoles apparently
ABOUT THE DELAY: "This situation is different" compared to previous changes to the deadline - the game for PC is ready and plays well on next-gen consoles and the company is finalizing the process concerning current gen consoles.
source: http://biznes.pap.pl/en/news/all/in...d-projekt-video-games-on-cyberpunk-2077-delay

what I don't understand is that all versions have to drop at the same time.
Why not release PC version and let them enjoy while they work on the console release?
this could have saved them from a lot of anger

You may have heard of a little thing called Covid no one could have predicted?
Or perhaps you think a major, unavoidable, disruption of the workplace isn't a reason for a necessary alteration in schedule?
If you knew a thing about stocks you'd know the drop is a good thing because their stock will skyrocket when CP2077 is released, buy now!

They don't.
But, good customer relations dictates not giving some customers an advantage over others.
Sure, if you're one of the advantaged you'll think it's great, the other 50, 75, 90% of potential customers sure won't.

Last edited:
Frankly CDPR has never ever been good at hitting deadlines. The games have still been good though. While doing both (delivering good games on deadline) would always be preferable, if I had to pick one, it would be a good game delayed several times.

Apparently, the issue is opposite. The game runs on next-gen consoles fine, but not the current-gen. The game is finished on PC.

Why not release PC version and let them enjoy while they work on the console release?

This is also the part what I dont understand either. Why must all suffer for the failure of one or two. Its not unheard of for games to release in different time windows for different platforms. I am reminded of over a year of wait between Red dead redemption 2 console versions and PC version. Like, seriously. Others do it too.

And the longer they wait, the more NEW issues they will get. Soon nobody wants to have current-gen consoles as the new consoles are releasing... Was it worth the effort to develop the game on the old gen?

Last edited:

Well, pc gamers, such as myself, would love this but any anger saved would be negated by hordes of furious console players. At least I suspect it would.

It's a real shame.

Besides, I've heard many speculate it's a contractual obligation to release simultaneously. *sigh*

You may have heard of a little thing called Covid no one could have predicted?
Or perhaps you think a major, unavoidable, disruption of the workplace isn't a reason for a necessary alteration in schedule?
If you knew a thing about stocks you'd know the drop is a good thing because their stock will skyrocket when CP2077 is released, buy now!

They don't.
But, good customer relations dictates not giving some customers an advantage over others.
Sure, if you're one of the advantaged you'll think it's great, the other 50, 75, 90% of potential customers sure won't.
Setting precedents for delays and then having shills make excuses must make their jobs super easy.

And yes, their stock dropping is a better time to buy, but it ain't going to the moon. It dropping does show how unfavorable this decision was. They certainly lost money on this move.
Post automatically merged:

Frankly CDPR has never ever been good at hitting deadlines. The games have still been good though. While doing both (delivering good games on deadline) would always be preferable, if I had to pick one, it would be a good game delayed several times.
Being bad at hitting deadlines is one thing, having a awful communication is another. Any way you look at it, they made history with how badly received this delay was. Only game to ever go gold and be delayed due to development/bugs. What an accomplishment :rolleyes:
Post automatically merged:

Being bad at hitting deadlines is one thing, having a awful communication is another. Any way you look at it, they made history with how badly received this delay was. Only game to ever go gold and be delayed due to development/bugs. What an accomplishment :rolleyes:

To CDPR,

I've never really written on forums much before but with what has been happening the last couple days it pained me enough to say something. I'm sorry for this generations lack of patience, manners and common sense. No one should ever be receiving death threats for doing their job the best they can.
The year of 2020 has been rough on everyone. Us and ESPECIALLY you, most of us consumers didn't have lofty deadlines to meet this year. You guys did! Delays and pushbacks are normal for any game (wanting to be perfect) scheduled to come out, but with any developers having to now work through the COVID pandemic I (for one) salute you for not halting all work completely.

I may not have been fully tracking CP2077 as long as some of the fans out there because several years ago when I saw my first teaser I knew it was going to be a long wait. I can't stay hyped for too long so I tend to not worry about following things too much too early. I dove hard into following news on Cyberpunk early this year because of release dates and gameplay videos were starting to sneak out. ( I can say I've solely been listening to cyberpunk themed music now for the last 3 months with all the hype in my blood stream haha).
Looking at this Game and being a huge RPG fan, this game (in my opinion) has the makings to be the Skyrim killer. With the replay-ability, character progression, choice driven story and much more I think you guys truly have what it takes to get the spot on that pedestal that has been dominated by a game that's 10+ yrs old.

I thoroughly appreciate how open CDPR has been through this whole year with updates good or bad. It shows a company that's not afraid to show the passion they have for their work but also be honest about their arising problems. You guys did get GOLD and to me you guys ARE GOLD.

I'm sure everyone that stays true to supporting this project is going to absolutely love the final product when it's released. And thank you for wanting to give this awesome gift to everyone at once. I know many people are happy about the fact they wont be having to dodge spoilers from early streamers who get to share their stuff first.

Please keep up the great work. However, remember to take the breaks and rest you need to stay healthy. Passion is poisoned when forced under pressure.

much love,

Rykhin (aka Steph)

And yes, their stock dropping is a better time to buy, but it ain't going to the moon. It dropping does show how unfavorable this decision was. They certainly lost money on this move.

Actually, their stock dropping is the best moment for CDprojekt to buy it back, if they have the treasury for that, so they may end up being free again.

The news itself barely made a dent in the stock and it already seems to be bouncing back. Nowhere near as an opportune moment to buy as it was back in March.

Apparently, the issue is opposite. The game runs on next-gen consoles fine, but not the current-gen. The game is finished on PC.

And the longer they wait, the more NEW issues they will get. Soon nobody wants to have current-gen consoles as the new consoles are releasing... Was it worth the effort to develop the game on the old gen?

That's the weird thing, it was supposedly a game for that gen and they're porting it only now, at the last moment.

That's the weird thing, it was supposedly a game for that gen and they're porting it only now, at the last moment.

Obviously not. Its been in the works for a long while. What they have trouble with is optimization. Its performing poorly. Optimization is done as the last part of the process.

One can only hope that clinging to the old gen console versions is not going to be the hole that sinks Titanic.

Love forums. I see the OH GOD THE STOCKS ARE TANKING! When I am sure few here or anywhere complaining about a video game have even the slightest knowlege of how the market works.

Take a look at the year of 2020 stock markets, since March. And you can easily see that it is nearly every tech stock which took a dive and has raised up to beyond year start heights but is now on a decline in similar percents (1-5% drop) All of them are not delaying games that are causing stock price drops.

Yet they are having the exact same trends. Imagine that. Because there are many other things connected to stocks then just an announcement or delay, like political and global issues. Has delaying hurt them...sure a bit, is it as big a deal as the DOOMsayers are trying to put forth, not even close.

EA, TAKE TWO, ACTiBlizz, then Microsoft, Amazon even just for show.
EA.JPGtake two.JPGactivison blizz.JPGmicrosoft.JPG
amazon.JPG

It's not just the last 3 months that matter, and you can visibly see they all had the same uptrend during the same timeframe and then the same downward spike at relatively the same time.
Has CDPR had a bigger drop total but also have less market shares, but they also are not traded on the NASDAQ like the others are.
CD PR total.JPG
Considering Witcher 3 was released 2015...and their stock didn't start rising until well after that, yet that was what they are known best for and sold so many copies. Well guess it was Witcher the netflix that booster their stock...oh wait

Things that make you go HMMMMMMMM...

Attachments

• amazon.JPG
    amazon.JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 80
Top Bottom