Important announcement regarding Cyberpunk 2077 release date

+
Teach em a lesson and don't buy until January 1st :ROFLMAO:
Post automatically merged:
Although I'm sure that they want sales between December 10 and the end of the year, it's more about the cash they've received from pre-orders. As of the end of June, their deferred revenues were almost 207 million, and nearly all of it is for CP2077. That's by far the biggest liability on their entire balance sheet. Until the game releases, that giant chunk of obligation sits on the balance sheet, and none of it can be recognized as revenue. When the game releases, they will make a magic entry in their accounting system, and that 207 million will disappear as a liability, and will turn into revenue. Actually it's probably much more than that now. I don't yet have their third quarter financial statements, but it has to be a lot bigger than mid-year. If they can't make that magic accounting entry until January, their investors will roast them over open fire.

You're confusing numbers of people playing on various platforms with profit. The most profitable games, by far, are console-primary games. Though mobile is giving those a run for their money. Us PC-only gamers are not the big kids on the block, but neither are we insignificant.

I don't remember mentioning profits - I was merely stating my surprise because I thought the percentages would be far different :)

I never suggested we were the 'big kids on the block' either, simply that we may be more significant than I thought based on those percentages. That's all.

Your opinion is that PC gamers aren't insignificant (good), but it sometimes feels like we are treated as such - especially with some of the ports we get...

Last edited:
Although I'm sure that they want sales between December 10 and the end of the year, it's more about the cash they've received from pre-orders. As of the end of June, their deferred revenues were almost 207 million, and nearly all of it is for CP2077. That's by far the biggest liability on their entire balance sheet. Until the game releases, that giant chunk of obligation sits on the balance sheet, and none of it can be recognized as revenue. When the game releases, they will make a magic entry in their accounting system, and that 207 million will disappear as a liability, and will turn into revenue. Actually it's probably much more than that now. I don't yet have their third quarter financial statements, but it has to be a lot bigger than mid-year. If they can't make that magic accounting entry until January, their investors will roast them over open fire.
Well I've done my part. Cancelled my preorder a while back. While I once thought they were different than the rest, they really aren't. Not just with delays, my qualms lie in many areas of the development decisions. I know a dozen others that have cancelled their preorder for the game this year

It's amazing how much bitching people are capable of when they can't get their new toy in time. Obviously it's annoying when projects get pushed back or delayed. But that happens ALL the time in nearly every industry. It's going to happen. Just let these people work.

Also, people complain that CDPR is disrespecting the customers with the delay... Seriously? Then don't buy it or demand a refund. But you'll be missing out. CDPR make awesome product. They know the bad taste in everyone's mouth will be gone a week after release.

I don't understand how such market opportunity can be squandered so easily.

It seems to be the norm. Elder scrolls? oh we have a market on a platter and instead of employing a thousand koreans and adequate teams we'll let that float in the wind for a decade +.

Pick a game franchise. How many offerings could have been released in that time? You have countless begging to throw $ at you and it's totally pissed away.
Do think Marvel Universe or Apple makes them wait so long? No, resourcing done right.

Its the norm. Us growing older with the perpetual wait. In this time there could have been 2 Cyberpunks released... No CDPR is not unique at all.
Post automatically merged:

It's amazing how much bitching people are capable of when they can't get their new toy in time. Obviously it's annoying when projects get pushed back or delayed. But that happens ALL the time in nearly every industry.

No , no way in hell in other industries are these timeframes seen or markets squandered.

They dont even pretend to START work on products for years. Total failure to capitalize on markets.

Last edited:
I feel I need to address an issue to whom it may concern.

Given the post I just saw right before deletion, I'm amazed what anger makes people say, do or threaten - and we're "only" talking about a delayed (several times, granted) digital entertainment product. Of course, I don't mean this particular post, not just, but any post mirroring those. Thus I refer to countless posts out there on the net.

I feel these are first world problems. Again, I am not saying no one should not be frustrated, perhaps even angry, pissed.

But to those it may concern, and to avoid an argument in here, just take it in for yourselves:

Jesus, people, take a deep breath. I would even go as far and say: Get a grip.

Disappointment and criticising this? Totally fine, even if unpleasant for the company. It is what it is. They'll survive.

But just as they will survive or have to bear the brunt of some of the negative feedback, YOU (again, to those it may concern) will survive having to wait a bit longer for a 'mere' (even if highly awaited) digital entertainment product. It's not like someone is withholding you food, water, shelter or a large sum of money that you can spit out physical threats or go as far to even imply it in semi-serious fashion.

It just makes you look silly. So please, for the sake of remotely civil arguments and your own sake, people, let's try to avoid this.

So to summarize, why did I post this or what do you get out of this post?

It's a call to calmness. Not perfect tranquility, but it's no use going nuts or over board in threatening fashion (physical harm) as the game won't land on your consoles or hard drives any sooner anyway. Because no matter how we like it, it's just a damn game in the end. Highly awaited or not, it shouldn't make you go as far to threaten physical harm.

Try it without - makes you look less like an entitled or spoiled consumer.

With that said:

Namaste

#realitycheck #micdrop

Let me make things very clear:

ANY ATTEMPT TO OPENLY THREATEN OR EVEN HINT AT THREATENING THE DEVELOPERS ON THESE FORUMS WILL RESULT IN:

1. INSTANT PERMABAN
2. ANY FURTHER FORMAL ACTION CDPR DECIDES TO TAKE AGAINST A USER WHO ISSUED SUCH THREATS

THERE'S 0-TOLERANCE POLICY ON THIS.

Last edited:

Guest 4406876

It’s common sense and decency.

With a little bit of thinking before pressing the ”post” button it should come across to even the doltest of people with the intelligence for using a computer.
Chimps are trained to use PCs nowadays, everybody has a smart phone since 2007, i remember prior that year a lot of folks didn't even know how to use an E-mail, save for facebook,internet in general or anything else :D You , like me, have too much faith in humankind. I just really hope things stay in the place they deserve, we are talking about entertainment here and a hobby, so it's not a priority, hence being threatening with people for such products (and in general) is utterly idiotic and should be persecuted at once.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is so much people doing that?
I was thinking that there was an awful lot of people speaking about it here for such a marginal phenomena, but it seems it was just the moderation doing it's job well enough for me to be unable to see such messages.

Guest 4406876

I was thinking that there was an awful lot of people speaking about it here for such a marginal phenomena, but it seems it was just the moderation doing it's job well enough for me to be unable to see such messages.
Honestly I didn't notice anything so it's either a precautionary post, or they delete such offenders light speed. Either case nice to see these forums are well followed.

Yes. The level of outrage from some is not appropriate in any way. I also agree that it is a very tiny minority (less than 1%) of the community sending threats. A lot of disappointment, sure. But the actual threats do not represent the Cyberpunk fan-base, I believe.

Regardless, people sending threats should NOT be given the space to do so. The mods are doing a good job, from what I've seen!

Honestly I didn't notice anything so it's either a precautionary post, or they delete such offenders light speed. Either case nice to see these forums are well followed.

The post I saw and that made me post what I did above was up for no more than five minutes before it was deleted, but I still have it here as screenshot (for personal use or reference of course, I don't think throwing deleted posts in here is permitted and defeats the purpose of deleting in the wider sense).

Basically, chances are you won't even see most posts in here because they are deleted in timely fashion, but nevertheless, it was both reactionary and preliminary. Enough of them exist in social media in general, I reckon.

Indeed. Good job moderators.

I dont get why people are getting as upset as some are about the delay of 3 weeks. I mean what does it really matter in end the game will just be that much better in the end as more bugs and glitches will be ironed out. it will run smoother and look crisper in graphics. CDPR is not EA after all they are not ones to bait and switch like with Anthem. does it suck that there 3 more weeks before can play yes but the end product will be more than worth the wait

I dont get why people are getting as upset as some are about the delay of 3 weeks. I mean what does it really matter in end the game will just be that much better in the end as more bugs and glitches will be ironed out. it will run smoother and look crisper in graphics.

It's more complicated than that actually:
-It makes dev' crunch for a longer period.
-It hinder promise value.
-Apparently some versions of the game are already ready, but are postponed due to versions of the game not ready.
-Not everyone have the same playing time ready at all time. Some did take holidays for it. Personally, being confined due to Covid-19, I would have more time to play than any other time in my life.

I mean what does it really matter in end

To the consumer? Nothing else but a tiny bit longer wait.

I "kinda" understand the outrage, but it's waaaaaaaay out of proportion. That "proportion" part is what makes me wonder about the actual sanity of gamers. Same goes with moviefandom (and sometimes even with books). I just do not understand where all the commitment is coming from... I've been disappointed and sometimes somewhat upset about things (the fate of Fallout for example; that CP turned out to be an action adventure to a lesser extent, but as a second example), but I would never even think about sending death threats or raging to the developer on a personal level.

Life doesn't revolve around a small bit of ones passtime entertainment. People should get a fucking grip on how the world works. Some people have reserved time off work to play a game. Why on earth would anyone do that before the game is out (or at all for that matter)? Don't do things like that for something you aren't sure will happen. I understand fandom and passion for something like this, but I do not understand the relentlessness and obsessiveness of it in certain cases.

The world is mad.

Last edited:
Top Bottom