Important announcement regarding Cyberpunk 2077 release date

+
Of course, we won't believe what they say anymore
This. There's no way I'll believe them in the future until I'll have their future games in my hands. Whenever I'll get a discount, I won't definitely use it to pre-order any of their games. 100% sure I'll love CP77, 100% unsure of when this will happen.

Also, just imagine the shitstorm that will come on the release day as soon as people will find even the minimum bug after all these delays "for polishing". Because the game will have bugs. It will.

Guys, just move it till April next year, when you are at it. Then it will be at least a full year delay - something to brag about.
I agree. Give yourselves the time you need so we don't have to worry about a day 0 patch. So many game companies rush to a release date when the game isn't ready. The game companies don't suffer right away because they have our money, but we the consumer do. Just do the right thing, but I doubt you will. I've heard so many stories of CDPR working their employees for this crunch time and now it'll be extended. That's not a good thing either. I wish game companies would just release a game when it's 100 percent complete, tested on all platforms, and then tested some more. You know, like games were back in the old day.

Actually there is...while rare, it HAS happened.

Yeah, someone mentioned shipping issues delayed a James Bond (RIP Sean Connery) game back in the early 2000's. Thing is, apart from that, 'Going Gold' was the, er, gold standard for knowing when a release date was solid.

So now, in my quest to try and figure out when I can get excited about getting my hands on the game, I've decided the release date is solid when review copies have been sent out. If they're confident enough for the game to be reviewed, then it'll mean they've ironed out the final issues on the base model consoles. What with the extra three weeks for additional work on the Day 1 patch, hopefully nothing else could hold it back. That's my tenuous theory anyway, heh :smart:

So, I'm looking out for when outlets say they have review copies in their hands. Until then, I'll remind myself the game could possibly even release in April - often a popular window.

Last edited:
if you want a cyberpunk side I can advise you without hesitation watch dog legion which honestly is very surprising and magnificent with an RTX and the retricing (a big thank you to ubisoft which honors its release dates) to see also on the ghostruner side apparently they are also strange polish by the way, I made a reason for cyberpunk, I expect nothing more, the 10th anyway it will be at its 5th postponement, better maybe for this summer, like last summer, or finally no at the next school year? Oh still not? For next Christmas. Honestly you have disgusted people so much. :sneaky:

So uh, what's with the broken promises commentary? When did video game release dates become concrete, promises? I've always viewed them as rough outlines. Product being made, product expected to be ready by X date, let's see if we can hit it.

No promises were made, no lies were told. The game was supposed to be ready again and failed to hit the mark. Disappointing, sure. Did someone probably screw up? Yes, indeed. Whomever was responsible for declaring the release date clearly has room for improvement. But, uh, shit happens. It's a video game. Entertainment.... The world isn't going to spin off it's axis and implode.

Obviously, it sucks for people planning for it and adjusting their life around it. Vacation and whatnot. Granted, I'd equate that to buying a yacht because you purchased lottery tickets. Given how video games have a history of missing their target release dates....

Buying a yacht because you purchased lottery tickets eh. So, how does that equate exactly? Did the lottery company promise you, youd win the lottery? Did they tell you a specific day youd have the money to buy said yacht? Obviously, you chose a bad comparison : /

Further more, you obviously have a weak concept of how companies, corporations work and why they work. Maybe you'll learn about it when you play cyberpunk ; )

You see, corporations rely very much off 'trust'. This is because, in a world where mass communications exist and where honesty and integrity are seen as positive traits in our modern society, consumers wont buy from companies they view as lacking in these traits. Look at Battlefront 2, and how that affected EA.

It goes for all facets of modern corporate organizations. Even bars. If I promise a customer I'll have their Old Fashioned ready in 5 minutes, and I'm extremly busy, they will understand if it takes me a little longer. If it starts to take 15, 20 minutes, they're gonna remind me and start feeling a certain way, but will still be nice. Theyll accept my apologies, but expect me to honor my promise to have it ready soon this time. Now, let's get to 30, 35 minutes, and people are no longer nice, on the contrary, they want their money back and blow me up on social media saying my bar sucks. I get in trouble, lose credibility, and then have to rebuild any trust I created.

Yes there are crazy extremists everywhere, psychos spouting death threats over a game and losing vacation, but that does not change the fact that others have a right to feel angry and upset about 'losing their yacht' as you so eloquently put it. While it may not have affected you in this way, perhaps you could utilize this little thing you may have, deep in your psyche, called empathy, for people who lost their vacation. I, empathize with cdpr, but, I also lost my vacation, and they dropped the ball on yes, their promise, to their customers. So, I retrieved my money, and will probably borrow the game from a friend later down the line. That's one customer they lost as a result of their disorganization.

I feel bad for the terminally ill players who won't get a chance to play the game because the release date keeps changing. There's someone (I can't remember their username) on this forum who's terminally ill and said he wouldn't make it to play the game and that was back when the game was scheduled to release in September :x

Just to add, I'm a console pleb and I purposely didn't preorder a PS5 because 1. every time I've bought a launch console it's been faulty and 2. I thought I'd wait until CP2077 gets it's proper next gen upgrade before buying one... Now I'm reading that the current gen console is a problem (I thought it'd be fine) and I'm worried it'll run like a potato and dampen my whole experience. It's too late to buy a next gen console because it's sold out oof

Last edited:
Buying a yacht because you purchased lottery tickets eh. So, how does that equate exactly? Did the lottery company promise you, youd win the lottery? Did they tell you a specific day youd have the money to buy said yacht? Obviously, you chose a bad comparison : /

Well, in the analogy you bought the yacht before you had the money to afford it. You were assuming the lottery tickets were winners. The lottery tickets are the game release. The yacht is your vacation. People complaining about vacation time put in requests for it before they had the game.

Yes, I think video game release dates have a great deal in common with lottery tickets. Whether they're provided by official channels or not. It's waaay too common for development to whiff horribly on those set dates. For a long list of reasons. Sticking with the analogy, it would not matter one bit if the lottery company promised me I pulled a winner. There is a zero percent chance I'd blindly believe them.

The other head scratcher with the vacation complaint is you don't have to play the game right when it releases. You could, I don't know, put in a request for vacation time once you have the game available to play.

Further more, you obviously have a weak concept of how companies, corporations work and why they work. Maybe you'll learn about it when you play cyberpunk ; )

Nah, it's just I'm probably in the top ten of most cynical people on the planet. One could argue we don't need to wait for the game to experience the dark future :). We're already playing.

Guest 4211861

Good grief talk about hyperbole. You talk like CDPR is some Soviet Union Gulag. Pretty sure those employees have the option to quit...and it's not like anyone signing on with a videogame company is unaware of the need for overtime at the end of development cycles. What this really sounds like to me is you hate your job and you're projecting your frustrations onto CDPR.
Yeah, sure, in the middle of the worst economic crisis in the past 100 years they have the option to quit...

The Witcher 3 at launch was, despite the delays, buggy as hell. Especially on Playstation.
there is a reason People called it "The Glitcher". Most of the bugs have been squashed with tender loving care post launch, but some still remain.
So as you see: A delay does not neccessarily mean it will launch in a bug free or even playable state
Games being buggy on day zero is common. That's why most games have day zero patches. Which is one reason for this delay from what I've read.

The point I made was the game was successful. That's not in line with the extreme responses I've seen here.

if you want a cyberpunk side I can advise you without hesitation watch dog legion which honestly is very surprising and magnificent with an RTX and the retricing (a big thank you to ubisoft which honors its release dates) .
Watch dogs legion was delayed from February to this week and far cry 6 has just been delayed from February 2021 to who knows when. :ROFLMAO:

Next time quote EA or Activision as examples of good companies :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

if you want a cyberpunk side I can advise you without hesitation watch dog legion
I truly hope CP2077 is better than watch dog legion. Because WD open world is nothing compared to GTA 5 open world, even after all these years.

Yes, I think video game release dates have a great deal in common with lottery tickets. Whether they're provided by official channels or not. It's waaay too common for development to whiff horribly on those set dates. For a long list of reasons. Sticking with the analogy, it would not matter one bit if the lottery company promised me I pulled a winner. There is a zero percent chance I'd blindly believe them.

I'll disagree with that, purely on the reason that it lowers the bar, which we shouldn't accept.

If I promise someone 5 times in a row that I'm doing something, but then I don't, then sure, you could argue that anyone still believing me is an idiot. Hell, I could start blaming you for believing my fake promises. In fact, everyone could start doing that and then promises become worthless universally.
Sure, that's logic of a certain kind! It's the people believing the promises that are at fault, instead of the people breaking the promises! That the same logic as people who were murdered, being at fault for not defending themselves well enough, or Crunch at a gaming company being the employee's fault, since they should've quit or picked a different job. I didn't burn your house down with matches! You did because you didn't make it fireproof.

However, we simply don't want that to happen and we can all agree on that. As a society, we're morally and socially justified and obligated in being angry at people breaking their promises. We're worse off if we start sweeping that under the rug and forgiving it. We've definitely gone wrong if we're about to start blaming the victims of broken promises for simply being naive.

There must be an incentive for CDPR to do better. If you want to take that away out of sheer cynicism, then you're taking a morally wrong turn.
Post automatically merged:

Games being buggy on day zero is common. That's why most games have day zero patches. Which is one reason for this delay from what I've read.

Interesting! I thought it was compatibility with certain consoles. Do you have a link to what you've read?

Last edited:
I truly hope CP2077 is better than watch dog legion. Because WD open world is nothing compared to GTA 5 open world, even after all these years.

Hi darkti I don't really know who has the biggest map, you might be right, but there are still 8 very dense and lively districts. After for cp2077, for the moment it has returned to my phantasies ... :rolleyes:
Post automatically merged:

Watch dogs legion was delayed from February to this week and far cry 6 has just been delayed from February 2021 to who knows when. :ROFLMAO:

Next time quote EA or Activision as examples of good companies :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Yes but let me remind you of the postponement dates for cdp2077 :

16 April 2020 : postponement
17 September 2020 : postponement
19 November 2020 : postponement
10 December 2020 :

And when I see that their actions have just fallen by 25% I am not reassured, but whose fault is ...

Last edited:
Interesting! I thought it was compatibility with certain consoles. Do you have a link to what you've read?
I know the reason is because of that, I just recall seeing/reading a comment around them putting the zero day patch together at this stage.

I don't have a link (and not specifically motivated to dig for it, sorry! I've watched hundreds of videos in the past week). I'm betting you've seen everything I have on the subject, though.

I definitely remember something about working on the zero day patch after going gold but it's largely besides the point; my comment was not focusing so much on the cause of the delay but moreso to highlight the hyperbolic disparity between the evidence and the reactions. Dev wants to get it right and that should always be applauded. Always. And their record shows only the success of a developer creating extremely popular games. That is enough evidence.

I fully anticipate there will be bugs on launch day. I've been playing online games since 1999 (i.e. since the concept of a "perfect" physical media launch stopped being common). I've never played a game that didn't need some fixing after launch in all that time and I do not measure a developer's success on such an improbable bar. I also don't judge them on delaying to help reduce known issues they think are important enough to attempt to mitigate against.

And I'd suggest history doesn't much, either.

What I do remember is the Internet (and specifically the anomimity that it lends) often results in ridiculously over dramatic hysterics in response to stuff like this. But death threats?

It's just a * game...

Last edited:
Well, in the analogy you bought the yacht before you had the money to afford it. You were assuming the lottery tickets were winners. The lottery tickets are the game release. The yacht is your vacation. People complaining about vacation time put in requests for it before they had the game.

The other head scratcher with the vacation complaint is you don't have to play the game right when it releases. You could, I don't know, put in a request for vacation time once you have the game available to play.

This "it's your fault if you don't get the game" logic doesn't apply for Cyberpunk 2077.

Cyberpunk 2077 is not a Crowd Funding project. It's a game made by a proper an solid developer.

When people preordered it, they didn't took the risk that the game may never be released. To deliberately sell things that will never be delivered is a fraud/swindle crime in some countries. It's very different than the lottery ticket logic.

About the guys that took vacation in the specific period of launch, they didn't do it because they were "too invested in the game, get a life bruuhh". They did because they probably have other obligations that left almost no time for them to play it properly (job, family, children, business and maybe other real life problems).

About the launch date, even using the lottery ticket logic, it's a matter of trust. Trust is what make things go on in the society when we're talking about services and/or products. If you need to repair your cair, to get your hair cut, to sell your car to another person, to make a surgery, to go to the market, every kind of business wouldn't be possible if people expected nothing from the other part, or expect then to do it/deliver in whatever day, month or don't deliver at all.

That's why this "It's your fault you trusted me, you totally shouldn't" may be very funny, but doesn't apply in real life.

When CDPR used Keanu Reeves (who would pay Keanu Reeves to lie?) and made a bunch of ads announcing the release date, it's only natural for people to trust the information and think that CDPR wouldn't delay it furthermore past november (specially because the phisical copies were already being made).

Because WD open world is nothing compared to GTA 5 open world, even after all these years.

Might be a bit OT and it's been a while since I played GTA 5 open world in both MP and SP (SP has more random world interactions that seem removed from MP, perhaps due to performance aspects), seeing the open world in WD:L (Watch Dogs: Legion) I can't help but often feel impressed.

Yes, you can eventually see the limits or repeating patterns just like in any open world but walking through the city streets, they feel lively and based on area, immersive. Cars constantly driving by in the inner city, people walking around, using their phones, etc. The open world feels more condensed, often detailed, and because of this, it feels alive. GTA's open world seems more "wide" and due to this sometimes less alive. Perhaps it's a mere spacing and NPC/car frequency issue there.

To get more to topic, I'm inclined to feel Cyberpunk will hopefully give me more of a positive WD:L than GTA5 feeling. So far I'm inclined to believe they will get it right. If not on day 0, perhaps with follow-up patches adjusting game values.

Time will tell on December 10. Or next year. Whenever it's out there.

Top Bottom