Is the amount of HUD information customizable?

+
This might already have been explained. But does anyone know if there are quest markers in the game or whether it will be more directions of where to go, or a mixture, if that make sense?

Just to give an example, in a lot of games, it seems to go something like this. You get a hint of something you have to do and magically you get a marker of where exactly you have to go to do it.

I personally would prefer to not have that, if it's possible to somehow obtain these informations through questioning NPCs, find clues etc.

Anyway, hope people know what I mean and if anyone know if its the case?

I know exactly what you mean and now that you ask: It's strange they didn't reveal it yet.
I really hope quest markers like you describe them (the bad kind) are optional. I really liked it in Witcher 3 that you could turn them off and people would still describe the way good enough and in an authentic way that you could orient yourself in the world by landmarks.

There was ingame footage of what looked like a race in the desert (badlands) and there were what looked like floating markers in the air reminiscent of many other games' races.

Witcher 3 had plenty of markers, and I assume CP2077 will continue in that same vein.

I also remember reading that there will be a "hardcore mode" which will disable the games UI/Hud.

CDPR has said that the UI is removable on higher levels if that what you mean :shrug:
Depends :D

Whether it's just the health bar of your enemies and damage numbers, I know they have confirmed that you can definitely do that.

What im talking about is, a NPC might tell you to go speak with some from this gang, as they might know something about it, and the NPC know that they hang out in this district typical on the bars, and rather than just giving you a magical quest marker to the exact NPC you have to talk to, you have to figure it out yourself, by going there and investigate, so like maybe talk to the bar owners, some gang members might knows bit, which will eventually lead you to the person you have to talk to.

Something like that.

Guest 4211861

I think there were markers in the 2018 demo, if I remember correctly.

It's not an original idea to want players to not be looking at a minimap or any kind of Huds. Developers want us look at the world they've created and not a small portion of the screen.

Back in the 2018 demo, it looked like the objective was displayed on the screen, giving players a direction to their objectives. It was simply and not intrusive, so I think it works out.

Depends :D

Whether it's just the health bar of your enemies and damage numbers, I know they have confirmed that you can definitely do that.

What im talking about is, a NPC might tell you to go speak with some from this gang, as they might know something about it, and the NPC know that they hang out in this district typical on the bars, and rather than just giving you a magical quest marker to the exact NPC you have to talk to, you have to figure it out yourself, by going there and investigate, so like maybe talk to the bar owners, some gang members might knows bit, which will eventually lead you to the person you have to talk to.

Something like that.

I think it is this way remember CDPR has named every street .

I think (note the word think) quest markers will be somewhat related to the cyberware your character has.

Given the proper cyberware there's no reason something similar to Google Maps couldn't be overlaid with a GPS-like set of directions projected into your cybereye (HUD) to anywhere you want to go, assuming you have an address or location in the first place.

Cyberpunk is one of the few games where floating quest markers make sense as they're something projected into your vision via your cyberware.

Last edited:
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided have optional quest markers, and I see no reason why CDPR wouldn't do the same with CP2077.

Last edited:
I think (note the word think) quest markers will be somewhat related to the cyberware your character has.

Given the proper cyberware there's no reason something similar to Google Maps couldn't be overlaid with a GPS-like set of directions projected into your cybereye (HUD) to anywhere you want to go, assuming you have an address or location in the first place.

Cyberpunk is one of the few games where floating quest markers make sense as they're something projected into your vision via your cyberware.
It would make sense with GPS markers, so have no issues with that. But im talking about GPS markers that point to the exact location of the NPC you have to talk to, even if that guy is hiding in a cellar or something. In some games, you will have a marker on the exact door where the NPC is hiding behind, as if they have a tracker on them or something :)

It's not an original idea to want players to not be looking at a minimap or any kind of Huds. Developers want us look at the world they've created and not a small portion of the screen.

On the other hand, in Cyberpunk having a HUD makes more sense than ever before. You can have cybernetic eyes and implants to imprint that HUD on your literal brain..

Last edited:

Guest 4406876

I'm pretty sure the game will take into consideration enough information to be played without markers. Some games have removable HUD hints, but they are not designed to be played in that way so finding quests and the lack of information is an issue and prevents the user from sucessfully get wherever he has to go.
I'm pretty sure CP2077 will be fully playable with or without quest markers or similar advices. (that will be my main way to play it, since I love the fact that in some games you have to go from point A to point B but not sure where exactly and something might happen on the way there, opening a new quest or discovering new stuff, or maybe you get lost and you end up in a bad block with bad gangs and you find yourself in deep shit and you need to engage your brain to get out of a bad situation that was totally unplanned).

I'm pretty sure the game will take into consideration enough information to be played without markers.
You do realize quest markers are a lazy developer/player solution to the "old" way of doing stuff ... directions via landmarks and dialog. :sneaky:

Thread title edited for clarity.

From what we know, the devs are intending to have things like this customizable, yes. They've already said that things like floating numbers and whatnot above enemies can be toggled. TW3 allowed the player to completely disable markers both in the game and on the minimap. No reason to expect it will be forced on here.

You do realize quest markers are a lazy developer/player solution to the "old" way of doing stuff ... directions via landmarks and dialog. :sneaky:

It's also because publishers are concerned with making gaming more accessible for the general public, so they've had to dumb it down for the casual crowd. This is why most contemporary AAA titles comes with intrusive tutorials and various training wheel features.

Thread title edited for clarity.

From what we know, the devs are intending to have things like this customizable, yes. They've already said that things like floating numbers and whatnot above enemies can be toggled. TW3 allowed the player to completely disable markers both in the game and on the minimap. No reason to expect it will be forced on here.
Nice, will definitely play it like that then :)

It's also because publishers are concerned with making gaming more accessible for the general public, so they've had to dumb it down for the casual crowd.
This assumes the general public is stupid (tho a case for that could easily be made).
Lazy, yes, so make things as simple as possible so the effort needed is minimal.

Guest 4419821

Is the HUD dynamic in any way, I think the best example of a dymanic HUD I have played was Horizon Zero Dawn, if its like that at all that would be good.

Top Bottom