Important announcement regarding Cyberpunk 2077 release date

+
Even if they didn't start fully to work on game from 2013, they still had to finish a lot of side stuff, it is not like they did nothing on CP2077 till the day they finish Witcher 3 blood and wine dlc.

But also in 2018 i think they was ask about work on new consoles PS4 and Xbox one, and they talk how this time is great they know what they can do what they can be build on them to work and so on, and now out of the blue they are like wait this can't work on PS4 and Xbox one, it look funny and unporfesional from them.

Why say you know what some system can do and what his limits are and still make game that would not work on him by the end?

I am by your side. But a again to be honest the X-Box One and PS4 were back then underpowered. PC back then was much stronger. The PS4 pro and X-Box One X were the good ones. But like I said you are right. It is not good that there are problems with the current gen.

And I just say they didn´t work for 8 years on CP77.
Post automatically merged:

I couldn't care less of how long it took them, 8, 6, 3 years... I just wrote that if they can't deliver the game on the machines they developed it for, it's quite a huge problem since they knew the hardware and actually released a full game plus expansions on them.

Btw, I was already very aware that full time development started after blood and wine. Which gives them even less "excuses" for all the problems they're having with current gen.

If you don´t care how long they develop CP77 don´t mention it.

You said "8 years" and I said "no, thats not true". That´s all.
The other things you said are okay for me.

Last edited:
I am by your side. But a again to be honest the X-Box One and PS4 were back then underpowered. PC back then was much stronger. The PS4 pro and X-Box One X were the good ones. But like I said you are right. It is not good that there are problems with the current gen.

And I just say they didn´t work for 8 years on CP77.
Post automatically merged:

If you don´t care how long they develop CP77 don´t mention it.

You said "8 years" and I said "no, thats not true". That´s all.
The other things you said are okay for me.
I mentioned it because it's 100% true they started working on the game 8 years ago. Even if only 1 person was working on it 10 minutes per day, the company was literally working on it. Which leads to the important bit, namely the fact that they knew the hardware they were delivering the game on.

Now, if for you the all discussion is about a single element which is totally uninfluent on the fact that a game not working on the main platforms it is designed for (together with pc) is a problem, so be it. But that's clearly not the point.

Still not in contradiction to what I wrote.
Side note, multiplayer.it is awful and as a fellow Italian I'm disappointed to see it here. :ROFLMAO:
Oh you're Italian too.
Not arguiing about what you think about multiplayer.it (it's not the place to discuss this) but well, even though you despise them, the information is there, and is from one of the devs.
Probably some pre-production was in motion from 2012 or 2013, but the actual development started in 2015-2016.
So it's not accurate to say that they've been developing the game for 8 years. Maybe you have the difference between pre production and actual development in mind, but too many people don't and think that development started in 2012 (forgetting that in the meanwhile, the put out a little game called The Witcher 3).

Probably some pre-production was in motion from 2012 or 2013, but the actual development started in 2015-2016.
So it's not accurate to say that they've been developing the game for 8 years. Maybe you have the difference between pre production and actual development in mind,
it was in pre production for a year and has been in actual production if even by just a small team for 7 years

Oh you're Italian too.
Not arguiing about what you think about multiplayer.it (it's not the place to discuss this) but well, even though you despise them, the information is there, and is from one of the devs.
So it's not accurate to say that they've been developing the game for 8 years. Maybe you have the difference between pre production and actual development in mind, but too many people don't and think that development started in 2012 (forgetting that in the meanwhile, the put out a little game called The Witcher 3).
Regarding the website, just a joke, I put the smiley face, it didn't even deserve a reply :ROFLMAO:

I'm still convinced that pre-production is considerable as working on a game, no matter if 1 or 1000 devs are on it. You're still designing a game and to do so you have the hardware in mind. During pre-production, they were clearly implementing new features in their red engine. For example they mentioned a new method for asset streaming. Well, they should have known if that worked on ps4 and one and how. You can't get to gold and still can't run the game at 30fps because it's not optimized or you put too much stuff in there. They had the exact same problem with witcher 3. They said they learned the lesson. They clearly haven't.

P.S. of course optimization it's the last thing they do together with polishing, but they said the game was finished in January and have been polishing and optimizing for almost a whole year. It's not likely that the game was playable at all on consoles few months ago.

Last edited:
Regarding the website, just a joke, I put the smiley face, it didn't even deserve a reply :ROFLMAO:

I'm still convinced that pre-production is considerable as working on a game, no matter if 1 or 1000 devs are on it. You're still designing a game and to do so you have the hardware in mind. During pre-production, they were clearly implementing new features in their red engine. For example they mentioned a new method for asset streaming. Well, they should have known if that worked on ps4 and one and how. You can't get to gold and still can't run the game at 30fps because it's not optimized or you put too much stuff in there. They had the exact same problem with witcher 3. They said they learned the lesson. They clearly haven't.

P.S. of course optimization it's the last thing they do together with polishing, but they said the game was finished in January and have been polishing and optimizing for almost a whole year. It's not likely that the game was playable at all on consoles few months ago.

I'm not arguing that.
All I'm saying is about the 8 year thing. We have to be a bit more precise.
I'm just saying that is quite important to understand when the actual development started. I understand that you have it clear, but many people don't and go online saying that the whole company was working on that single game for 8 years (sometimes they say even more because why not, let's exagerate).

Everything else you say, I'm not arguing because it's pretty much what I think too.

I'm not arguing that.
All I'm saying is about the 8 year thing. We have to be a bit more precise.
I'm just saying that is quite important to understand when the actual development started. I understand that you have it clear, but many people don't and go online saying that the whole company was working on that single game for 8 years (sometimes they say even more because why not, let's exagerate).

Everything else you say, I'm not arguing because it's pretty much what I think too.
Fair enough :cool:

Steam has decided that the 10th is too long to wait.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    10.5 KB · Views: 49

Guest 4211861

If it were the worst economic crises in a century, they would be laid off and Cyberpunk would be a failure because no-one could afford to buy it.

And perhaps you could even spot RTX30 series in the shelves
Yeah, sure, let's take expensive video cards as the health indicator of the economy, as goofy as that is. I'm sure people quitting CDPR and starting work for a small indie studio can afford stuff like that.

Much better than Bethesda's policy: "It's not a bug, it's a feature."

Lol, one of those features trapped my character in a dungeon with no way out. Not even loading old saves because the last manual save and all auto saves were in that dungeon past the point of no return I was unaware of.

Guest 4406876

Lol, one of those features trapped my character in a dungeon with no way out. Not even loading old saves because the last manual save and all auto saves were in that dungeon past the point of no return I was unaware of.
Fair to say that you died in that dungeon, you should have deleted the save game and start over.

I had similar happen in the New Vegas Lonesome Road. Got stuck in the exploding missile silo elevator... had to use the noclip command to go through the elevator and get to the exit.

Top Bottom