Multiplayer Free or Paid DLC?

+
I know its being developed separately but everything ive heard still makes me believe its going to be an expansion not separate title. But definately likely to be a paid one
Then go read the statements on the cdproject red's financial statements and investor meetings, it is clearly a separate media product and separate title.

I may be mistaken, but I was under the impression Multiplayer was going to be an altogether separate stand alone game...

I just hope its done more like the "Skyrim Together" Mod, and not "Falout 76"..

Then go read the statements on the cdproject red's financial statements and investor meetings, it is clearly a separate media product and separate title.
being a seperate project and different team doesnt automatically mean its standalone. take RDR2 and ghost to Tsushima both where exclusively single player rdr2 for like 1-2 weeks and Ghost a month or two before the team working on multiplayer component was done then they just patched the multiplayer into the respective games

being a seperate project and different team doesnt automatically mean its standalone. take RDR2 and ghost to Tsushima both where exclusively single player rdr2 for like 1-2 weeks and Ghost a month or two before the team working on multiplayer component was done then they just patched the multiplayer into the respective games
Did you even read the statement where they said it was standalone? They literally refer to it as a separate edition. It does not require purchase of the CP2077 game, it is not loaded as a patch, upgrade, add on, dlc, etc. to the base game. In fact, it has and continues to be commonly referred to in the ceo's statements and multiple financial investor reports as a separate project, edition, and disconnected from the game launching on Nov 19th. Same universe, different game. The argument about other products and other companies has as much logical connection as saying just because warcraft games are in the same universe that they are the same game as world of warcraft the multiplayer. Go read the financials for this company, CD Projekt Red, the references to other game companies and their projects has no logical application to this conversation.

Last edited:
Hi all,
Is there a plan for the multiplayer mode to be cross-play ? Use case: I'm a PS4 Pro user and want to enjoy gaming in cooperation with friends who are PC users.
Many thanks

You think it will be like "GTAOnline" multiplayer? Not just some arena shooter?
That's the question isn't it?

it certainly won't be as extensive as "GTAOnline" or even single-player CP2077. Each took years to create, and CDPR isn't putting that much time into multiplayer, because it's NOT their focus. Their focus is a great single-player game not a great multiplayer one.

So will multiplayer have team missions?
Probably a limited number.
Will multiplayer have PvP?
Probably.
Will multiplayer permit you to travel around Night City and it's local areas?
Probably, but don't expect near the amount of content single-player has.

Did you even read the statement where they said it was standalone? They literally refer to it as a separate edition. It does not require purchase of the CP2077 game, it is not loaded as a patch, upgrade, add on, dlc, etc. to the base game. In fact, it has and continues to be commonly referred to in the ceo's statements and multiple financial investor reports as a separate project, edition, and disconnected from the game launching on Nov 19th. Same universe, different game. The argument about other products and other companies has as much logical connection as saying just because warcraft games are in the same universe that they are the same game as world of warcraft the multiplayer. Go read the financials for this company, CD Projekt Red, the references to other game companies and their projects has no logical application to this conversation.
stand alone experience and stand alone game are not the same thing a stand alone experience just means dont have to play single player to progress or understand the multiplayer game. doesnt mean it will be a seperate launch aplication
Post automatically merged:

That's the question isn't it?

it certainly won't be as extensive as "GTAOnline" or even single-player CP2077. Each took years to create, and CDPR isn't putting that much time into multiplayer, because it's NOT their focus. Their focus is a great single-player game not a great multiplayer one.

So will multiplayer have team missions?
Probably a limited number.
Will multiplayer have PvP?
Probably.
Will multiplayer permit you to travel around Night City and it's local areas?
Probably, but don't expect near the amount of content single-player has.
GTA online wasnt very extensive when it first started either people looking at it now seem to forget it has like 7 years or more of stuff added in to keep people coming back. if there is pvp it will have to be carefully done or could ruin the whole thing. like if people can take up opposite side of mission and fight to stop you cool. but if they can just come up and shoot you on streat just because they feel like being a prick there goes 50% of more of the fun out the window. its all how its done.

as far as single player comparison in content its same as the gta comparison a single player and single player are generally published. multiplayer games tend to have a timeline of when they intend to release certain content

Last edited:
Multi.png

The Multiplayer is a standalone title meaning it will most likely be one you have to buy.

One thing that confuses people is they think its an add on or DLC for Cyberpunk 2077.
Thing is, its much bigger than that. From what I understand it was stated that the Multiplayer is a AAA Standalone game.

I would love it to be free but it's looking like a new game all together. So Don't expect to get it free.

The Multiplayer is a standalone title meaning it will most likely be one you have to buy.

One thing that confuses people is they think its an add on or DLC for Cyberpunk 2077.
Thing is, its much bigger than that. From what I understand it was stated that the Multiplayer is a AAA Standalone game.

I would love it to be free but it's looking like a new game all together. So Don't expect to get it free.
except they didnt state it was a stand-alone game but a stand-alone experience those two are vastly different GTA online could be considered a stand alone experience from GTA 5 as can reddead online from RDR2

stand alone experience and stand alone game are not the same thing a stand alone experience just means dont have to play single player to progress or understand the multiplayer game. doesn't mean it will be a seperate launch aplication
READ... THE... FINANCIALS! IT IS 100% SEPARATE/DIFFERENT/UNCONNECTED/DISTINCT/INDIVIDUAL/UNRELATED/UNASSOCIATED/INDEPENDENT/DISPARATE APPLICATION. Your dissection's of my summary does not change the base facts, DO YOUR HOMEWORK AND READ THE COMPANY DISCLOSURES. I feel like I'm stuck in the middle of a modern day Monty Python Dead Parrot sketch.

This game is different.
It's got a distinct lack of connection.
The develop teams, directors, and work process is separate.
The CEO says it is different with a new director separate from the cp2077 team,
the investor packages say they are two different games and investment options, disconnected from each other
They state they are NOT add-ons or expansions, NOT singleplayer versions of a multiplayer games
THIS IS NOT GTA.

dead parrot.jpg

READ... THE... FINANCIALS! IT IS 100% SEPARATE/DIFFERENT/UNCONNECTED/DISTINCT/INDIVIDUAL/UNRELATED/UNASSOCIATED/INDEPENDENT/DISPARATE APPLICATION. Your dissection's of my summary does not change the base facts, DO YOUR HOMEWORK AND READ THE COMPANY DISCLOSURES. I feel like I'm stuck in the middle of a modern day Monty Python Dead Parrot sketch.
every single one of your arguments applies to a stand-alone experience and a stand-alone game both. The whole point of it being stand-alone is you don't have a connection between the two other than the setting. Because its not tied to the single-player story makes it possible for a separate team to work on it as decisions for either don't affect one another. they have only said its a separate project which is likely to save development time while single-player still in development.

Give it free . Thats what I say. If they want more money, they should have enough money to open couple more studios. More game studios brings them way more money than some small-online game.

I want a paid GTA Online style version of CP2077 in third person. I wants what I wants.
I seriously doubt CDPR is going to create all the art and animation needed for third person perspective. I'm 99.99% sure multi-player will be first person just like CP2077.

And, I believe we've been over the Perspective Topic many times already now, so, let's not dwell on it again, shall we?

Top Bottom