Installation trouble

+
Installation trouble

I've had a problem when installing The Witcher. Namely, I had a power outage right when I had started reinstalling the game on my machine.

The problem is that now every time I try to run Setup.exe, it will instead try to uninstall the game. And even if I let it run it through, it won't get rid of the notion that I'm trying to uninstall the game instead of installing it. It's an endless loop, and I can't get out of it to properly install the game.

I'd be grateful if anyone could provide me with a solution.

I'm afraid the file got corrupted. If you purchased a digital version of the game, you should be able to redownloaded from the selling site (steam, gog, whatever...). If it's a DVD, it's impossible that it got corrupted.

Unfortunatly, when there's a power loss the consequences on a pc are unpredictable.

I have the game on DVD. What I think is happening is that the vestiges of the incomplete installation are preventing the game from reinstalling properly. Is there any way to manually remove these vestiges?

Go to wherever you were installing the game to and if a witcher folder is present then delete it aka right click delete . Then reinsert the disc and finish the uninstall . Remove disc and restart computer and once booted insert disc and install .

Thanks for the help, but, unfortunately, I'm still stuck. I did as you instructed, but the installer, despite behaving as it had indeed finished the uninstall, when I reboot and try it again, it just tries to uninstall it all over again. Every single time.

Does anyone please know how to find and manually remove the Windows Registry references to the game? Maybe that will do the trick.

I think the easiest way would be open regedit then click edit and then find and type
CD Project Red and press enter and then keep clicking find next until nothing else is found .

Top Bottom