"No Save Point" by Run The Jewels is now live!

+
This.

Complaints about the music choices in the game always seem to fall into one of two categories. People unhappy that the soundtrack isn't all synthwave or one of the sub-genres, or people unhappy that isn't all punk.

Personally I'm glad CD Projekt Red didn't go with a single genre approach to the in-universe music, as that would stretch suspension of disbelief. Real people aren't uniform in their musical preferences and so neither should the fictional denizens of Night City.

That said I'm hoping this one is in the credits or has some alternate lyrics if plays on a car radio in game. Dig the song & it would fit the game universe, but I'm not quite sure I'm down for 4th wall breaking with the Keanu Reeves reference.

Yeah. All I can say is that while if maybe that you arent impressed with whats shown so far, you cant argue that cdpr have 100 percent put effort into creating a unuiqe soundtrack that, in what is aparently their personal opinion, fit for the game.

I don't know, I respect the ambition of trying to create unique music for the game, but I honestly don't think anyone can really look at the list of artists CDPR hired to do this job and think that they're the best (or close to the best) in their respective genres. No disrespect to the musicians or their fans intended, as you said musical taste is subjective, but I just hadn't even heard of any of the artists until CDPR announced them. And so, the choices of musicians feel more like a compromise based on budget restrictions, rather than deliberate.

And then on top of that, it doesn't really feel like the CP songs are these artists' best work either, it's all just been decidedly "meh" so far.

In my eyes video games are just like music, movies, and photography. It's art. This is CDPRs attempt at creating a grand image they had in their head. This is their baby and we just have to hope they do their best raising it up. I understand there's kind of that grey area where we are consumers who are buying a product but no one is forcing us to.. While some things such as performance and actually releasing it are things we have every right to speak about things like this are nitpicking. I know the team WANTS to hear feedback but just saying the music they thought would fit best with their vision is garbage isn't really helping them. Just because you have never heard of RTJ doesn't mean they are some guys they got to fill an open spot. They are actually big and you shouldn't jump to the conclusion that they made a budget restriction because they are unknown to you. On a side note if that were the first time I ever heard RTJ I would come to the same conclusion.. I was really excited to hear the new song and at the end I was like ehhhh. I hope this doesn't come across as a nasty message.. There is no animosity I'm just trying to give my point of view. Kind of like I know a lot of people disagree with me thinking PC players got screwed in the delay. Some agree. Some disagree. In the end it's just an opinion.
At least we can all agree that it's good CDPR doesn't include any surprise mechanics. :cool:

This will be in game? Wasn't the idea behind creating songs specifically for game was to avoid immersion breaking stuff but what is this Keanu Reeves stuff in lyrics?

Why is it a stunt exactly?
Because it's not music approved by people that keep complaining about everything.

Unless it's that one song they like, it's stupid, it's a stunt, CDPR should cave to their demands, and forget about artistic creativity.

However, if it's something they like... it's amazing, CDPR did fantastic job, way to go!

This entire forum is extremely bipolar... and this applies to everything released by CDPR thus far.

The way Keanu Reeves exists in the lore is unironically funny for me but, at the same time, considering his real-world role in the game I share the concerns regarding its 4th-wall-breaking quality (though I'm aware that many real-life people and organizations existed in this universe, hence posergangs like the freaking Gilligans for instance :LOL: ), and I'm not a fan of some of the lyrics overall. I also could've done without the direct RTJ references, especially since they're named differently in the Cyberpunk universe.

The video, though, is stunning. I think I spotted Oda (Michiko's bodyguard) there, by the way.

Because it's not music approved by people that keep complaining about everything.

Unless it's that one song they like, it's stupid, it's a stunt, CDPR should cave to their demands, and forget about artistic creativity.

However, if it's something they like... it's amazing, CDPR did fantastic job, way to go!

This entire forum is extremely bipolar... and this applies to everything released by CDPR thus far.
It's such a bizarre thing for me. I mean, CDPR faced a problem: they can't stuff their game with mega-retro (for 2070s) music. So they didn't "just" compose new tracks, but also hired various artists from various backgrounds to bring some cultural authentic vibe to the original music, yet it's a stunt for some reason... Like they promised Billboard Top tracks and instead delivered something mediocre. I don't need to love or even like every damn song in the game, but I need it to feel "real" and immersive for the world, where it's being used.

The music is awful, and the lyrics are immersion and lore breaking. Just delete it, honestly.

So far I'm a bit worried, I've yet to listen to music that fits the cyberpunk genre. When the game was announced 7 years ago, I imagined the music would be based on synthwave or new retrowave, but this...it's unusual, and I don't think it fits.
Post automatically merged:

But man, they broke the 4th wall with mentioning Keanu Reeves in the lyrics.
So this game is mentioning a real life actor starring in the game supposed to be a fictional world.
What can I say when fictions got songs about how they are fictions.
Who again talked about an immersive game... seriously :confused:

It's obvious that RTJ didn't know much about the setting, they saw Keanu Reeves and made a reference to him, whitout anyone at CDPR checking the lyrics before production.

Last edited:
It's not screaming like the Refused songs, which is a plus in my book -- but it is rap, which is a minus in my book. The sort of music that I would just tune out if I heard it playing.

I...may have redone this video with Spoiler by Hyper, because a) it has kind of a book-end feel to it as we close in on the actual game and b)not a huge RTJ fan. Also cut out most of the from-our-times bits, as they were jarring. Yes, even with the neon overlay shotgun, sigh.

It works...surprisingly okay! Not sure if I'll upload it, or how (since Youtube would be a big ol' nope), but if people are interested, mention it here.

Top Bottom