Opinions on the music?

+
the repetitive rap garbage sounds outdated already. you're telling me in 2077 people still haven't evolved beyond drum machines and mindlessly repeating bad rhymes?

We're in 2020 and mainstream pop music on radio still sounds the same as the 90's dancy stuff, with better production (kind of crap I'm hearing all day at my job).

Sure, they could've go with a pure Cyberpunk soundtrack, but I doubt you'd sell a game to a wide audience with Industrial music and Digital Hardcore.

Now, it doesn't mean you won't find some in the game either

Last edited:
From what I heard so far, I will not listen to CP soundtrack in daily basis like I do with Witcher soundtrack. What was shown so far is far from what I expected but I still think that the music will simply fit what we will see on the screen.

well you allways can put music on game off and listen
Cyberpunk 2077 MIX by Infraction [No Copyright Music Compilation]

so cyberpunked music.
Post automatically merged:

Back To The 80's' | Best of Synthwave And Retro Electro Music Mix | Vol. 22

Crime City Nights - Cyberpunk / Dark Synthwave

Last edited:
well you allways can put music on game off and listen

so cyberpunked music.
Back To The 80's' | Best of Synthwave And Retro Electro Music Mix | Vol. 22

Crime City Nights - Cyberpunk / Dark Synthwave

I have Back To The 80's' | Best of Synthwave on my YouTube playlist, as well. Nice to see someone who likes the same cup of tea.

The Crime City Nights I've never heard of, but those do sound like tracks that would come out of Cyberpunk2077. Even the images are straight-up Cyberpunk, which is pretty cool.

I really like the music they have chosen. I had never listened to Run The Jewels or Grimes prior to them making tracks for the game, but the music is pretty cool in the context of the game. It is not something I would necessarily put on my day-to-day playlist, but the diverse styles of music work well with a diverse city and the tracks are cool enough on their own.

Samurai is exactly my kind of jam and every single release so far has been gone straight into my playlists. Likewise Hyper really got me back into the kind of music I listened to as a teenager, so I hope he has contributed more than just trailer music.

My opinion is very simple: do I like the music presented till now? No, I very much don't. Do I think it will fit the game? Hell yes - it will be perfect for the game.

Still I hope that there will be classical music and heavy metal (real metal, not the industrial crap presented in "Totentanz" snippets) in the game.

Last edited:
My opinion is very simple: do I like the music presented till now? No, I very much don't. Do I think it will fit the game? Hell yes - it will be perfect for the game.

Still I hope that there will be classical music and heavy metal (real metal, not the industrial crap presented in "Totentanz" snippets) in the game.

You wanna visit Metalstorm. It should have the baddest, loudest, and hardest music. Somekind of ganger place as far I know.

You wanna visit Metalstorm. It should have the baddest, loudest, and hardest music. Somekind of ganger place as far I know.

Let me quote myself:
real metal, not the industrial crap presented in "Totentanz" snippets

"Totentanz" is the club belonging to Maelstorm. I'm not a fan of industrial or techno-metal, or however this abomination is called.

Still, I've seen somewhere that there will be a radio with death metal in the game. so there is hope.

I like to consider myself a metalhead with some degree of curiosity. Aside from thrash, melodic death and heavy metal, I really enjoy quite a range of electronic music artists that usually fall into retro- or synt- or whateverwave category, never learnt the difference. Naturally, Hotline Miami had a huge influence on my simple tastes as well, and whatever Cyberpunk 2077 revealed regarding music is super great to me, honestly.

However, I can't say rap/hip-hop tracks shown recently are somehow bad, don't fit or something like that. Neither do I understand anymore what is the problem of such a massive RPG/lore/style gatekeeping that the community has been showing since the most recent delay. It really does seem like a bunch of salty people being salty and childish and redundantly aggressive and protective about "their" hobby or even game.

Cyberpunk is largely about the society as a whole, as humanity as a whole, and both are extremely diverse in any imaginable way. CDPR is doing a great marketing job with the music because it manages to hit three major music branches, which are rock and its derivatives, rap and its derivatives and electronic music and its derivatives. And, well, surprise surprise, some people have different tastes and that is okay. I am in a happy functional relationship with a person who listens to genres that historically divided people like her and me apart, can't see no problem with her having zero appeal to my music.

It's not like CDPR made DOOM with rap music. id Software, by the way, once did, but they learnt damn fast they better should not have done that and never made the same mistake again - the genre simply didn't suit the game.

Cyberpunk 2077 and what we have heard so far, though, go well together. Damn well, I should say, especially with street kids.

Either way, happy to be a part of this community, but come on everyone, aren't RPGs meant to get different people together to do different things and encourage us to open up? It's just music that some of us happen to enjoy less than some other people do, chill.

I really like the soundtrack for the game, aside from the Run the Jewels song recently. It just isn't my kind of music to be honest.

in this video the ambient music nails the cyberpunk feel up until the other music suddenly takes over i just rolled my eyes when it happened

thats just my opinion what about you guys?
I think it depends, 2077 is not that far out in the future so would expect variations of current music genres to still be around. But think its the difficult part about music to make it sound futuristic, but at the same time it still need to be something that we today want to listen to.

For instance hip hop is roughly 50 years old and it have evolved from back then, here is a funny video of the best rap and hip hop sounds from 1979 to 2018:

So I think the challenge is to make each genre sound like they are 50+ years into the future, so maybe some trance+hiphop, techno+rap or add new ones. Don't think that is all that easy, if people are also suppose to enjoy listening to them.

But I agree with you, I personally prefer such music as well.

Everyone has "their cup of tea" when it comes to music.

Myself I have never been a Hip Hop fan. It's not that I don't think it's music (as my pops would say about my fav bands).
It's just it never made me want to go see that show or buy that album. From what I heard so far from the marketing and vids,
nothing is "speaking" to me. The Samurai (Refused) stuff is ok, just hope there truly is some music in game that I enjoy, or I will have to turn music off and listen to my own playlist.

I get that to reach a wider audience you have to go with what is popular at the time, but I have found that in my lifetime there isn't many popular songs that I like. Just hoping Metal in some form other than the hip hop metal mix crap is in the game.
I would love to see Heavy Metal, Death Metal, Industrial rock/metal, and some OST with new retro synthwave at its core.

I know the music team at CDPR are amazing and I love the Witcher OST from the first game to the last. I just hope they get to shine here too with some OST music for Cyberpunk 2077.

Would love to see stuff like these make it in or at least a channel on the radio when driving around.

I will always be a Power Metal fan

Last edited:
Top Bottom