Why do all Way of the Witcher cards look the same?

+
I really like the art of Gwent. And I know that Witchers mostly have long hair because they don't have time to take care of it on the path etc.
But why do almost all new witcher cards in the upcoming expansion look like hipsters or guys from biker gangs (who are doing medieval cosplay).
I mean, it's just lazy and boring. Or can you see the difference between Kolgrim (Nilfgaard) and Coen (Northern Realms)? I sure can't.
At least Gerd (Skellige) has shaved his sides and the Bear Witcher Mentor (Skellige) has grey hair – but therefore looks like Geralt.

So please, CDPR, I love that you are making a new expansion, and I love your art, but please rethink some of the designs...

[...]
But why do almost all new witcher cards in the upcoming expansion look like hipsters or guys from biker gangs (who are doing medieval cosplay).
[...]
The only revealed Witchers (apart from the ones you mentioned, being Gerd and Mentor) are Coen, Brehen, Kolgrim and the Viper Witcher.

In my opinion Kolgrim's hairstyle seems plausible, we do not need to talk about the armor (as based on the Witcher 3 they had little other choice on how to make it appear).

The Viper Witcher might be the most questionable, however he still looks somewhat fitting.

Brehen looks like a thug and bum, which based on his appearance in the books and the description in the games and books for members of the Cat School is fitting.

Coen looks a bit weird, especially due to the background, but based on Kolgrim I do not see any real issues with him.

I didnt like COEN too.

In my first look, in cellphone, i thought he was carrying a M4 and not a blade

Afxs

Forum regular
Coën definitely looks weird.
Sometimes they make card arts based on developers. Maybe that's the case here. I dont know.

Or can you see the difference between Kolgrim (Nilfgaard) and Coen (Northern Realms)?

really? .... i assumed it was the same guy presented on two cards which is not uncommon ... and my guess would be that it is a mistake in the card name going to be corrected in the next update?

Ehem, those are the hairstyles from samurai warriors I assume, it's a known fact that CDPR were inspired by samurai for their inspiration for imagining the witchers, and manbun is essentially that, but yeah funny that in modern west, this is the hairdo of the freespirited hipster/hippie/junkie type of person, lol. I personally like SY's witcher. It's a sexy bald head just like me.

DRK3

Forum veteran
I have to agree with OP.
If there's one thing in Gwent i never criticized and always applauded it was its artwork, but at least with these first revealed cards, i was a bit disappointed - the cards dont look terrible, but look too much alike and arent very memorable, most are just some random witcher guys standing.

I hope the new reveals will be better, at least the monsters revealed in the trailer look really cool.

Top Bottom