Night City Wire Special

+
"Virtus", probably slang for "virtuals". That is to say, in this context and with the name given (Judy), braindance editing.

oh , you kids and your dang slang.

Of course I guess saying something like "oh yes, Judy's video editing skills are very good" just would'nt be cyberpunky enough :)

YOU MADE THE MOST DISGUSTING MISTAKE IN ANIMATION.
A PERSON NEVER LOOKS CLEARLY INTO THE EYES OF THE INTERVIEWER. IT'S TIME TO LEARN IT !!!
Pupils do not twitch, eyes move too little. I thought only Ubisoft did like that. See how the eyes are made in Horizon Zero Down. I wish at least one developer would read this. The eyes are the most important element of the 3D model. Even if model looks bad, properly animated eyes is a PLUS 100 to realism.

"Virtus", probably slang for "virtuals". That is to say, in this context and with the name given (Judy), braindance editing.

Na I'm pretty sure it is "virtues" and a typo, and what it mean is that Judy is just has very clearly defined and precise virtues, like the cuts of a diamond

Actually - never mind I just rewatched it, and yeah what you said makes more sense in what the conversation was about - what I said sounds really dumb given the actual dialogue

Last edited:
Awesome! Thanks for sharing! Always love seeing some Johnny Silverhand interactions too.

1) Dialogue felt try-hard indeed, but I'm not sure if it fits the settings or not yet.
2) I don't think anyone drives like that in any GTA clone game.
3) Moxes are hnnng.
4) Action is fine, but those numbers obscure everything.
5) While makes sense in this highly digitized world, navigator felt annoying. Like you're constantly on rails and just follow the line from one quest point to another. But this is one of pillars of present day game design.
6) Looks like the only difference between this and Far Cry 3 is ability to initiate dialogue with NPCs. At least that's what promos lead me to believe.

1) Dialogue felt try-hard indeed, but I'm not sure if it fits the settings or not yet.

I'd agree. Sometimes it was great! Very natural, Johnny and V chilling. Other times, not so natural. Face off with thugs, chatting with the Mox.

Totally adjustable. See the Dev Answers thread.

5) While makes sense in this highly digitized world, navigator felt annoying. Like you're constantly on rails and just follow the line from one quest point to another. But this is one of pillars of present day game design.

Also it is a Cyberpunk thing. GPS, sat-nav, AI guidance, etc. If CDPR is clever, they will mess with you through it.

Note that in highest diff, you can turn off the HUD apparently. To what degree I don't know.

6) Looks like the only difference between this and Far Cry 3 is ability to initiate dialogue with NPCs. At least that's what promos lead me to believe.

This is, frankly, utterly nonsensical. Far Cry 3? The famous role-playing game set in the Dark Future with cybernetics and netrunning and a thorough character sheet, not just a few Skills? Oh and a story you can change in massive detail by your choices? Nonsense.

Oh well. At least you didn't compare it to That Other Open World Game.

And you were doing so well.

Next time, perhaps accuse it of being a clone of Deus Ex? Mix it up a little.

This is, frankly, utterly nonsensical. Far Cry 3? The famous role-playing game set in the Dark Future with cybernetics and netrunning and a thorough character sheet, not just a few Skills? Oh and a story you can change in massive detail by your choices? Nonsense.

Oh well. At least you didn't compare it to That Other Open World Game.

And you were doing so well.

Next time, perhaps accuse it of being a clone of Deus Ex? Mix it up a little.
I don't see anything of that in the promos. Promos show me Far Cry 3. Get in the car, traverse, have a chat, shoot things, gather loot. Repeat. Where's expansive customization? How does it affect gameplay? There was a bit of branching in quests shown, but it's hardly elevates the overall impression, because branching is basically saying this or that thing. Even Far Cry 3 had choices. Interactivity appears really limited or it's entirely hidden from us for some reason.

So far, comparison with Deus Ex won't be in favor of CP77.

You folks at CDPR are setting a new benchmark for console optimization.
We haven't seen the whole game yet, nor the base consoles versions, but RDR2 seems to still be the real benchmark for optimization on consoles. Literally perfect at launch on every console.

Regarding the gameplay, I really hope they'll give us the option to hide unqualified dialogue options but I'm losing my hope after yesterday.

Its to be seen how it runs irl on peoples consoles, but hey, they made the witcher work on switch somehow, so im sure they can at least get this done with some degree of quality.
Post automatically merged:

Also, so far this video has given me the most impatience to get in and explore the city. I love city scapes and its on the main reasons I am excited for this game - open world hand crafted city to the same level of quality and detail youd normally see in fantasy rpg's -(as im sure is for a majority) and seeing it in this video gave me a hard on. and when I saw the intro scene, it sort of added a bit more reality to that hope. It gives off that feeling of "oh this is a real city". There was also a lot of stuff going on in the world as V drove around.

Anyway, I just felt like adding that because it feels like this aspect has been totally overlooked /overshadowed in discussions by the whole "is it going to be a real rpg" and graphics and other stuff. (although I guess thats probably because there isnt much discussion to be had over it as oppossed to the rest)
Post automatically merged:

Also also - is it just me or does npc traffic move out of your way as you approach?

Last edited:
Also also - is it just me or does npc traffic move out of your way as you approach?

I didn't notice anything like that. The type of weaving in between lanes full of traffic he does when pushing the car from "leisurely gliding along" to "in a hurry to get there, but not suicidal" would cause more than a little road rage, but I see that type of driving depressingly often IRL.

I didn't notice anything like that. The type of weaving in between lanes full of traffic he does when pushing the car from "leisurely gliding along" to "in a hurry to get there, but not suicidal" would cause more than a little road rage, but I see that type of driving depressingly often IRL.

Nooo, man im 100 percent sure now all npc cars they passed moved as far over in their lanes as possible when the pc approched. Watch closely.

timestamp link, watch the 2 cars here

When Player is far away both are in centre lane. As you approach first car is now far right, and as they get close to van it clearly moces over to left. This happens with every car in this sequence. A car at 2.40 also come to total stop at green light itn what I assume is to let Player turn right if they want to,

Last edited:
Nooo, man im 100 percent sure now all npc cars they passed moved as far over in their lanes as possible when the pc approched. Watch closely.

timestamp link, watch the 2 cars here

When Player is far away both are in centre lane. As you approach first car is now far right, and as they get close to van it clearly moces over to left. This happens with every car in this sequence. A car at 2.40 also come to total stop at green light itn what I assume is to let Player turn right if they want to.

They do appear to move a little towards the side of their lane, though they still stay in their lanes. Much like people do when they see a police vehicle or ambulance approaching at high speed. Not entirely unreasonable considering they have a car approaching from behind at high speed, but you are right in that the cars definitely seem to make an effort to avoid collisions.

I am not seeing the car stopping at the green light, but from what you describe I would do the same if I was uncertain an aggressively approaching vehicle would respect my right of way. I would rather let the other guy make an illegal turn than insist on my right of way and get t-boned.

My guess is that it is a small tweaks to traffic the devs have come up with to make the player less likely to constantly collide with other cars when driving over the speed limit. It gives you a little more room to overtake while not making the cars outright pull over to let the player pass. I remember in the early GTA's riding a motorbike was basically suicide since you would inevitably hit a turning car without time to avoid it, while in later GTA's cars would drive more "predictably" around you to make the game flow better. Seeing my Cyberpunk character flying out through the windscreen would be fun the first dozen or so times, but having to respect the speed limit to avoid constant accidents would put a dampener on the "cool" of driving fast cars.

They do appear to move a little towards the side of their lane, though they still stay in their lanes. Much like people do when they see a police vehicle or ambulance approaching at high speed. Not entirely unreasonable considering they have a car approaching from behind at high speed, but you are right in that the cars definitely seem to make an effort to avoid collisions.

I am not seeing the car stopping at the green light, but from what you describe I would do the same if I was uncertain an aggressively approaching vehicle would respect my right of way. I would rather let the other guy make an illegal turn than insist on my right of way and get t-boned.

My guess is that it is a small tweaks to traffic the devs have come up with to make the player less likely to constantly collide with other cars when driving over the speed limit. It gives you a little more room to overtake while not making the cars outright pull over to let the player pass. I remember in the early GTA's riding a motorbike was basically suicide since you would inevitably hit a turning car without time to avoid it, while in later GTA's cars would drive more "predictably" around you to make the game flow better. Seeing my Cyberpunk character flying out through the windscreen would be fun the first dozen or so times, but having to respect the speed limit to avoid constant accidents would put a dampener on the "cool" of driving fast cars.

Mate you seem to think im trying to put it in a negative light - I do think its a little weird but overall I think its a good mechanic - but the reason for my comments wasnt to say its good or bad - just point out its happening.

I do agree the car stopping at green is debatable, but considering the mechanic of cars moving of the players way so they can smoothly drive around - Id be willing to put money on thats definitly also whats happening.

Also - If I was to give opinion on the claims of your post on how people drive - Well id just say I totally disagree because 90 percent of drivers are fuck wits and absolutly have zero idea whats going on behind them unless they hear sirens, and even then its like a 50.50 chance lol and if they did most definitly arent going to be kind and give room to the asshole behind them

Mate you seem to think im trying to put it in a negative light - I do think its a little weird but overall I think its a good mechanic - but the reason for my comments wasnt to say its good or bad - just point out its happening.

I do agree the car stopping at green is debatable, but considering the mechanic of cars moving of the players way so they can smoothly drive around - Id be willing to put money on thats definitly also whats happening.

Fair enough. It was a good catch to notice this "system" and it looks like we are in agreement that it is a neat little way to make the game flow better. :)

Also - If I was to give opinion on the claims of your post on how people drive - Well id just say I totally disagree because 90 percent of drivers are fuck wits and absolutly have zero idea whats going on behind them unless they hear sirens, and even then its like a 50.50 chance lol and if they did most definitly arent going to be kind and give room to the asshole behind them

Haha, yeah, that probably depends a lot on where in the world you are driving. Maybe the AI of the cars in CP2077 are responsible for the drivers of the future being less hopeless than those of today? Even today we have gotten warning systems to counter drivers drifting off the road entirely due to looking that their phones while on the freeway.

Am I the only one who felt that the quest tasks felt incredibly hand-holding?

1. Got to the location.
2. Enter the location.
3. Take the elevator.
4. Talk to the NPC.
5. (optional)
6. Leave the location.

Like there's no free will or player agency?

I really hope we can disable the damage numbers.

Not the one to defend CDPR right now, but mission tracker and player agency are two very different things.

Also, I suspect its like that to give player a "guide" where to go. After all, you have to find that area from the ENTIRE night city. There are no loading screens, no portals, no separate instances. I think Night City can get pretty labyrinthine. Devs have to think about all kinds of players, and vast majority of people are not able to see things beyond their nose.

1. Got to the location.
2. Enter the location.
3. Take the elevator.
4. Talk to the NPC.
5. (optional)
6. Leave the location.

I was more fixated on all the NPCs with a yellow icon over them I would have tried talking to and all the stuff on tables you could pick up / read / inspect. The quest was played very "directly" with no time spent exploring the locations or looking for alternate approaches.

Perhaps taking the time to explore the space rather than go directly to the quest marker would have resulted in alternate approaches to the quest, but as it was played and cut together it was very A->B->C. I guess we will see on the 10th.

1. Got to the location.
2. Enter the location.
3. Take the elevator.
4. Talk to the NPC.
5. (optional)
6. Leave the location.

I guess..? when you put it like that? But like.. can you please name a single rpg that is literally any different.. Isnt that how quest genreally work? And remember- this also showed the brain dance mechanic where you have to search around and figure out your self whats going on.

I think I could reduce literally every game like this.. I accept its valid point without seeing the rest of the game.. but with context we have been at least told (and in some capacity, shown) that the game will feature a lot of choice in how we approach things.. and this is a very edited video to show a specific way through a quest to showcase graphicla fedality... They werent trying to show of "player agency" they wanted a quick cut to show off the game works on current gen, and next gen .

Top Bottom