Night City Wire Special

+
Also, I suspect its like that to give player a "guide" where to go. After all, you have to find that area from the ENTIRE night city. There are no loading screens, no portals, no separate instances. I think Night City can get pretty labyrinthine. Devs have to think about all kinds of players, and vast majority of people are not able to see things beyond their nose.
Player agency is affected because, for example, instead of "find the NPC" you get "go to this door", then "proceed to the elevator" , "go the apartment no. X" and only then once you're in the apartment "find the NPC". What if a player wants to take the stairs? Or go from a roof? I mean, there's already various helpers like navigator, markers and shit like that... What kind of IQ do you need to still get lost?

at 8:22 (watch in slow mo or .25 speed) the cigarette in his right hand floats up through the palm of his hand during movement.

Unless this is old game play, this is CDPR messed up, delay after delay for more polishing... it's never going to be perfect yet you kept on telling us more polishing.
Also seem like the cigarette pops into existence as he sits down. Hopefully there won't be to many of these things. If it's just happens occasionally I don't have a huge issue with it as they can fix it later.
Bugs are to be expected in any games, especially the size and complexity of this one. And if this is the "worst" of them, im not to worried :)
Post automatically merged:

I don't see anything of that in the promos. Promos show me Far Cry 3. Get in the car, traverse, have a chat, shoot things, gather loot. Repeat. Where's expansive customization? How does it affect gameplay? There was a bit of branching in quests shown, but it's hardly elevates the overall impression, because branching is basically saying this or that thing. Even Far Cry 3 had choices. Interactivity appears really limited or it's entirely hidden from us for some reason.

So far, comparison with Deus Ex won't be in favor of CP77.
There is really not a lot of choices being made in this video, except with the thugs sitting on the stairs. So I wouldn't judge it based on this video as its purpose is clearly to show the console performance and not interaction. You don't see what led up to V doing what she is doing or what might have happened before.

So I wouldn't be to worried about that, at least not based on this one.

Last edited:
Player agency is affected because, for example, instead of "find the NPC" you get "go to this door", then "proceed to the elevator" , "go the apartment no. X" and only then once you're in the apartment "find the NPC". What if a player wants to take the stairs? Or go from a roof? I mean, there's already various helpers like navigator, markers and shit like that... What kind of IQ do you need to still get lost?

It could be the case that in this quest that the elevator we see is literally the only way up this specific building here. And generally if there are other ways, it just shows the loaction you need to reach.

I think, if this video was all we had available, what you say is a fair point. But are you familiar with the interview where they mention something along these lines - "and we found out in playtests a player could just throw a grenade through the window and skip the quest by killing the target instead of getting information by captuiring him and left it in because it logicly makes sense.."

So, without having hands on- yeah sure all complaints are valid. We havnt played, I guess. But we can at least put a certain amout of trust in what we are told about the game, and from interviews, game screen shots and gamplays we have been given , I would have to say foir now that the worry / fear of player agency being taken away in favor of hand holding in the form of "go there, do this" is a bit un-founded.

""proceed to the elevator" , "go the apartment no. X" and only then once you're in the apartment "find the NPC". "

For example, this quote. What if a player wants to go to the stairs? Lets say the elevator is the only way up because this bulding doesnt have them, and ytou cant access the roof because av's arent available. At that point, "go to aparment x" well , yeah like what else? Should the game just say "On this floor is a room you need to find and a guy also" ?

Last edited:
Just because my GPS tells me to take the Golden Gate Bridge does not mean I can't just park the car and swim across instead. "Take the elevator" is the GPS telling you to take the logical, direct route that most people would take. There is nothing in the video indicating you would get a game over if you crawled up through the airducts Deus Ex style.

My guess would be that it would simply skip that step of the quest if you somehow circumvented it - that is how most games deal with things like that.

It would actually be worse if the quest listed all the alternative ways you could complete your goal or routes you could take. That would leave much less up to the player.

I dunno, I thought the gunplay felt good and the enemies had a good time to kill. Like it wasn't just one shit dead and it wasn't bullet sponge either.

So yeah personaly I thought for the ones they fought in the video it was just right

Well, the guns really look good, and the bullets seems to have some some one of a kind physics, which is awesome.

But I'm refering to the nekomata shot the guy took in 7:50, all the pellets hit, but he didn't even flinch.

And the damage seems to be very unpredictable, it goes from 50 to 200 in the same gun (5:25).

I don't know if it's a RPG mechanic (like in the table top games) or it depends on where you hit the enemy, or a combination of these two factors.

It sure isn't game breaking or something like that, but I thought that the guns would do more destruction when it hits the body and get the player and enemies out of combat faster (like we saw in the previous guns trailer).

And, for me, it's important that the gunplay is very dangerous and punitive, so the decisions have more weight. It's a counter measure thing - just like in table rpg Vampire, the Masquerade - you take more (edit: less, you take less damage) damage, but have humanity and the masquerade preventing you from doing whatever you want and messing around without thinking too much.

It's the danger and risk that makes the decisions to weight more in a storyline.

That's why most CRPGs fail - because the consequences are just some character saying that things went sour because of what the player did, or the player didn't care too much about the characters and the world itself, so it doesn't matter.

That's the beauty of Fallout 3 - if you decide to nuke the city you lose a lot of very charismatic characters.

Last edited:
Well, the guns really look good, and the bullets seems to have some some one of a kind physics, which is awesome.

But I'm refering to the nekomata shot the guy took in 7:50, all the pellets hit, but he didn't even flinch.

And the damage seems to be very unpredictable, it goes from 50 to 200 in the same gun (5:25).

I don't know if it's a RPG mechanic (like in the table top games) or it depends on where you hit the enemy, or a combination of these two factors.

It sure isn't game breaking or something like that, but I thought that the guns would do more destruction when it hits the body and get the player and enemies out of combat faster (like we saw in the previous guns trailer).

Hmm... Yeah I do think at that range maybe the enemy should show obvious hit damage from a shtogun, but to the point about 5.25, the pc started shooting hitting the body and then started hitting vitals and damaged them. As in- the damage depends on where you hit them/how weakened their defences are

It looked like the damage went up with each consecutive bullet actually, from watching agian
Post automatically merged:

From watching in .25 speed it actually appears the"50" to "200" is actuall "total damage' added up, you can see smaller numbers come up with each bullet and the total be tallied.

Last edited:
Maybe the first hits were reduced by armor and the later hits were after the armor had been degraded?

Maybe the first hits were reduced by armor and the later hits were after the armor had been degraded?

Watch at .25 speed and watch the smaller numbers in comaparison to the total. I think they take the approach where the show total damage overall and the consecutave damage building up to it at the same time.

edit -proof -
it was 198, then v did 25 damage and it went to 223 this is at 5.29 to 5.30, but if you watch the whole thing in slow mo with numbers it is pretty much obvious

Last edited:
Huh, that is a really confusing way to show it.

I think I will just turn off the floating numbers and keep the health bars. That sounds much more intuitive.

Am I the only one who felt that the quest tasks felt incredibly hand-holding?

1. Got to the location.
2. Enter the location.
3. Take the elevator.
4. Talk to the NPC.
5. (optional)
6. Leave the location.

Like there's no free will or player agency?
Same as witcher 3.

Well this depends on whether the listed thing is actually required or not. What if it isn't? What if you can find the doc on your own and ignore the mission tracker? From what Ive understood, this is exactly how CP2077 does things, with its freedom of play such as walking in and out of conversations.

Its a guide, not a shackle. I think. If you take the stairs instead of the elevator I suspect the mission tracker just skips elevator and proceeds to the next point.

I was checking out reactions to this around the net and seems like a lot of people are put off by the dialogue. That surprised me a bit, as most of the interaction we've seen in this & previous clips / trailers has been between fixers, mercenaries, prostitutes, street thugs, and other underworld types. Not quite sure what people are expecting there, but my impression was that the dialogue seemed appropriate for the characters. They shouldn't be spouting dialogue that sounds like it came from an intellectual.

Kind of wondering what I'm missing. I wish one of the critics would have a go at re-writing the confrontation between V and the thugs on the steps so I'd know at least what the critics were expecting.

The only complaint I've had with the dialogue was with that trailer where Jackie is killed. "We didn't need all this c-sucking attention, dammit." That line was clunky in that English-speakers don't use c-sucking that way. Maybe it is used that way in Polish? The line would have been completely fine though if an f-bomb was used instead.

Last edited:
I was checking out reactions to this around the net and seems like a lot of people are put off by the dialogue. That surprised me a bit, as most of the interaction we've seen in this & previous clips / trailers has been between fixers, mercenaries, prostitutes, street thugs, and other underworld types. Not quite sure what people are expecting there, but my impression was that the dialogue seemed appropriate for the characters. They shouldn't be spouting dialogue that sounds like it came from an intellectual.

This video had dialogue? There was like two lines. I dont expect much when talking to random thugs, but at least there seemed to be an option of scaring the thugs off, if you had high enough... what does the fist represent? Body? I never liked using icons to represent something important that you could just as easily represent with a word so there can be no misunderstanding.

This video had dialogue? There was like two lines. I dont expect much when talking to random thugs, but at least there seemed to be an option of scaring the thugs off, if you had high enough... what does the fist represent? Body? I never liked using icons to represent something important.

Almost certainly Body, yes. They mentioned elsewhere that a high Body stat would let you intimidate people - hopefully by flexing on them. :)

This video had dialogue? There was like two lines. I dont expect much when talking to random thugs, but at least there seemed to be an option of scaring the thugs off, if you had high enough... what does the fist represent? Body? I never liked using icons to represent something important that you could just as easily represent with a word so there can be no misunderstanding.

I was wondering that as well.

Almost certainly Body, yes. They mentioned elsewhere that a high Body stat would let you intimidate people - hopefully by flexing on them. :)

Im curious does this appear visually in any way on V's actual appearance... I find it strange if I could have body 10 and still look like a skinny young girl..

I also wonder if V actually HAD a higher body stat, would the thugs initial approach be different? Would they still treat V as an innocent girl that wandered to the wrong alley?

ps. I want to say though: I appreciate the slower-paced video that shows actual gameplay instead of the epilepsy-inducing 0.5 second speedcut videos shown in other NCWs.

I really liked the video. :)
I now also notice some of the negative points (crowd density, glitches etc.) but only after having read them and not during my inital watch. But now I really want a series x otherwise I'll have to play it on my original Xbox one.. :D

Kind of wondering what I'm missing. I wish one of the critics would have a go at re-writing the confrontation between V and the thugs on the steps so I'd know at least what the critics were expecting.

Maybe the ones that complained were expecting some educated thugs. Who knows?

Or maybe they forgot that cyberpunk 2077 is a distopic future, with a lot of poverty, hopeless, abandoned, depressive, uneducated and nihilistic people, without family, and so on.

Which is (probably) why some of these people became criminals, prostitutes, thugs, and so on.

Even the corporate hapiness is a grand ilusion, as they hunt each other and don't have any limits.

Hapiness is the marketing tool used by corpos to sell you things you would never need in the first place.

People usually complain about how games are shallow and unrealistic, but get mad when the realism showed in games, movies, and series doesn't meet their moral patterns.

Im curious does this appear visually in any way on V's actual appearance... I find it strange if I could have body 10 and still look like a skinny young girl..

I also wonder if V actually HAD a higher body stat, would the thugs initial approach be different? Would they still treat V as an innocent girl that wandered to the wrong alley?

That is a good question. Its been a while since we've seen the character customization in detail, but IIRC you just defined the body type as male/female. Hopefully the Body stat would then act as a slider to make the character bulkier/slimmer and have NPCs react accordingly. Maybe we get a bit more room to define this, as in whether you are short and wide or tall and toned.

Top Bottom