Night City Wire Special

+
Maybe the ones that complained were expecting some educated thugs. Who knows?

Perhaps.

I'd be down for an educated, eloquent thug...though most certainly shouldn't sound that way. Even that sort of gangster however should still be a little rough around the edges and probably use words that are considered transgressive, because he's a gangster. Think Bill the Butcher from Gangs of New York.

Though my impression was that if the exact same dialogue & performance was in Cyberpunk instead, there would be complaints about Bill's swearing being too edgey or tryhard.

Well this depends on whether the listed thing is actually required or not. What if it isn't? What if you can find the doc on your own and ignore the mission tracker? From what Ive understood, this is exactly how CP2077 does things, with its freedom of play such as walking in and out of conversations.

Its a guide, not a shackle. I think. If you take the stairs instead of the elevator I suspect the mission tracker just skips elevator and proceeds to the next point.
It certainly looks puzzling after the claims that you have plenty of freedom during quests (interrupting a conversation, not following a task at hand). So I expected something less hand-holding. Your tasks are specific, both primary and optional, but they don't detail you to take the stairs or push some button. For example, like the first mission in Deus Ex. Locate the threat on the Liberty Island, but you can also meet our guy at the docks and free the agent, who can also be an asset.

I mean, I expected The Witcher 3 remake from day 1, but I'm still caught off guard how familiar everything is. I understand the purpose of the video is to demonstrate past-gen version of the game on a console, not get into details of game systems, but I don't think other promos did much better. We will see in a few weeks.

I don't own a console. But next time it is better to compare same footage on the different types of consoles.
Like how that corridor fighting scene will work on all the current gen.
So far it's just a montage of different scenes played each on a single console type.

Personally, I am not reassured by certain passages that I saw in this video in terms of environmental life. It should be teeming with life, right? So maybe Watch Dog Legion and Valhalla have been there because it doesn't lack life. In short, I pray every day that there are no new reports ... and I hope that this video is not intended to make understanding a possible future report ... yes I no longer have trust ... but clearly I think that the ps4 1 and xbox one is not worth it, you have to be realistic, if you want to play the game in a minimum correct quality. Despite everything strongly on December 10, 2019! (well if we still believe it) . :sneaky:

It certainly looks puzzling after the claims that you have plenty of freedom during quests (interrupting a conversation, not following a task at hand). So I expected something less hand-holding. Your tasks are specific, both primary and optional, but they don't detail you to take the stairs or push some button.
Keep in mind you can only have as much "freedom" as the developer has programmed responses to. It's not like the game can respond on the fly like a human GM can. And let's be honest, a good many players are so conditioned to hand holding that if there isn't a pretty strong indication that various option are available they're not even going to consider the possibility of anything but the most obvious route.

Who was that asian girl with the lip marker in the Jig Jig Street sequence? That girl looked like the same girl from the "GIg" trailer. Probably some Tyger Claws proustite/informant.

Keep in mind you can only have as much "freedom" as the developer has programmed responses to. It's not like the game can respond on the fly like a human GM can. And let's be honest, a good many players are so conditioned to hand holding that if there isn't a pretty strong indication that various option are available they're not even going to consider the possibility of anything but the most obvious route.
I have no illusions about that. I argued plenty when people suggested implementation of much more reactive mechanics. Because it's super hard to do it in a narrative-driven game (and especially hard when it comes to a game this big), which I still believe CP77 is, despite all the talk about RPG and stuff. But I hope that they injected enough decision making (rigged or not) and stayed true to their earlier claims. Didn't they repeat many times that they tried to predict players reaction and make it a part of a quest and it's outcome?

I argued plenty when people suggested implementation of much more reactive mechanics.
Many of these people want a reactive AI the likes of which currently doesn't exist.

Because it's super hard to do it in a narrative-driven game (and especially hard when it comes to a game this big), which I still believe CP77 is, despite all the talk about RPG and stuff.
You only have so much time and effort to dedicate to alternative solutions when developing a game. I'm sure CDPR is doing the best they can with what they have. All you can really do is pick some of the most obvious/logical alternatives. The "I could do X!" stuff just can't be incorporated.

I have no illusions about that. I argued plenty when people suggested implementation of much more reactive mechanics. Because it's super hard to do it in a narrative-driven game (and especially hard when it comes to a game this big), which I still believe CP77 is, despite all the talk about RPG and stuff. But I hope that they injected enough decision making (rigged or not) and stayed true to their earlier claims. Didn't they repeat many times that they tried to predict players reaction and make it a part of a quest and it's outcome?

Storywise this should be of no concern as the Witcher series is among the most reactive out there. If you're worried about reactive gameplay elements a la Deus Ex, they've said multiple times that offering a breadth of player choice in quests was a huge priority.

Guest 4318427

If this game is just Witcher 3 reskinned in a Cyberpunk veneer, I'd still be happy. Witcher 3 was and still is way ahead of action RPG I've played.

At this point I'm so hyped for this game, I'll refuse to let myself met disappointed. Fuck man I need this game.

Storywise this should be of no concern as the Witcher series is among the most reactive out there. If you're worried about reactive gameplay elements a la Deus Ex, they've said multiple times that offering a breadth of player choice in quests was a huge priority.
I'm optimistic.

They do appear to move a little towards the side of their lane, though they still stay in their lanes. Much like people do when they see a police vehicle or ambulance approaching at high speed. Not entirely unreasonable considering they have a car approaching from behind at high speed, but you are right in that the cars definitely seem to make an effort to avoid collisions.

I am not seeing the car stopping at the green light, but from what you describe I would do the same if I was uncertain an aggressively approaching vehicle would respect my right of way. I would rather let the other guy make an illegal turn than insist on my right of way and get t-boned.

My guess is that it is a small tweaks to traffic the devs have come up with to make the player less likely to constantly collide with other cars when driving over the speed limit. It gives you a little more room to overtake while not making the cars outright pull over to let the player pass. I remember in the early GTA's riding a motorbike was basically suicide since you would inevitably hit a turning car without time to avoid it, while in later GTA's cars would drive more "predictably" around you to make the game flow better. Seeing my Cyberpunk character flying out through the windscreen would be fun the first dozen or so times, but having to respect the speed limit to avoid constant accidents would put a dampener on the "cool" of driving fast cars.

They probably did it in that subtle way because it was the best way to solve the slow traffic, while maintaining a good driving feeling in the car.

In games like Sleeping Dogs, Watch Dogs and Saints Row - the third the cars don't move away for you to pass, so their solution to this problem was changing the handling system, making the car glued to the ground, very sensitive in turns and with abnormal behavior, so the player could drive fast and dodge the other cars in transit.

(They are good games, but the driving is very poor)

Uhm, does anyone find it weird that people are commenting on "plastic looking" people in a game where just about EVERYONE has some sort of cybernetic augmentation?

Top Bottom