Save the date: Night City Wire - Episode 5

+
Have to say after watching the wire episode and hearing/reading the reviews, I have to admit that this sound even better than I have hoped for.

I was really worried that this would just be another GTA game and from the reviews, it really doesn't sound like it. But that this is an RPG game... that you can play in so many different ways, depending on how you like. The music sounds cool and even if it have minor issues, I wouldn't hold it against them, all games suffers from this one way or another.

So huge thumbs up to CDPR from me at least :D

I liked the final trailer, not the 20 minutes of "keanu reeves 2077".

I must say that given it's the 5th (or something) trailer, scenes are summing up and it's becoming a little spoilery. I think the whole communication would've been better with a second single uncut 40 min long trailer like the one from 2018 and that's it. Then they could've gone for other billions of CGI trailers about how keanu is cool and the game would've been total trash without him, just as the usual, non spoilery, PR stunts. And pictures of the several youtubers who are in the game. Very important.

I liked the final trailer, not the 20 minutes of "keanu reeves 2077".

I must say that given it's the 5th (or something) trailer, scenes are summing up and it's becoming a little spoilery. I think the whole communication would've been better with a second single uncut 40 min long trailer like the one from 2018 and that's it. Then they could've gone for other billions of CGI trailers about how keanu is cool and the game would've been total trash without him, just as the usual, non spoilery, PR stunts. And pictures of the several youtubers who are in the game. Very important.

I dont think there was anything that could even be considered a spoiler tbh

Guest 4211861

Good presentation, but it seems there's a lot more fighting than I thought, I'll have to update my build.

Good presentation, but it seems there's a lot more fighting than I thought, I'll have to update my build.
If you hear the reviews, it's actually the opposite. They say that the trailers appear to focus a lot more on fighting, than what the game is actually about. Its RPG first and then shooty shooty second. Which I really like and is in line with what CDPR have been saying, despite their trailers suggesting the opposite.

But also if you want to go all out shoot everything it is possible according to the reviewers.

Previews, not reviews.

Anyway, everything still looks good - can we not do the digital in-game exclusives for linking accounts, though? Thought CDPR didn't do in-game exclusives.

The interview was with Keanu Reeves was great. Really interesting to see his take on Johnny Silverhand. 7 and a half hours of music and 150 music tracks for the game are fairly impressive numbers. And the trailer was incredible!

Last edited:
Loved the trailer at the end :) Really hyped!

Also, I noted at 27:49 that in the description for reflexes, near the end of the third sentence, it says 'as your improve your overall'.

There we are, my contribution to error checking and the final push for quality. My work here is done! *sighs and contentedly sits back in chair with hands behind head*

Its RPG first and then shooty shooty second.
We'll see come Dec 10.

Combat is a big part of many (most?) games, even RPGs. The question is: Is there enough non-combat content to justify the claim "RPG first, shooter second"? If half your playtime is combat then no, it's neither. The problem is CDPR wants CP2077 to appeal to both RPG and FPS fans, and unfortunately this is impossible because of diametrically opposed game mechanics, player vs character centric skills. So it's a matter of trying not to alienate one faction or the other, problem is it's VERY easy to unintentionally alienate both.

I cant wait for Neons breakdown (y)
Post automatically merged:

More RPG than shooter no spoilers .
VERY happy to see this actual gameplay review!
Thanks for linking it.

His comment that, unlike the Witcher games, you didn't have (essentially) mandatory combat encounters every time you traveled from A to B was particularly welcome.

But there there's this comment:
"The most jarring thing about it is that enemies have a surprising amount of health, often acting as bullet sponges that can take multiple point blank shots to the head before going down for good."
Unfortunately hardly unexpected from some things we've seen/heard earlier.

Last edited:
Top Bottom