System requirements for Cyberpunk 2077 - UPDATE!

+
I bring it up because, to me, the system reqs basically translate to, "If you're using settings close to these then you need hardware close to this.". Put differently, they're not very useful outside of a generic ballpark.

Well, there are so many different elements to graphical settings that a "generic ballpark" is about all you can possibly get. Or a super long list that lists every permutation of the settings. All of the settings from different anti-aliasing, ambient occlusions etc, to ray-tracing (which I guess has multiple settings as well) to resolution to frame rate, all of this contributes to how well your rig can handle it.

It is not possible to get accurate estimations since it all ALSO depends on the actual game and the scene you are looking at. A wide-area shot over the city vs a narrow corridor scene also put different stress on the system.

I read somewhere that RT is better in the shadows department, builds them better.
For me, so far, the images with RT have too much of a mirror effect to them.

Well, duh. Shadows and reflections are ALL that ray-tracing affects. Nothing else. It literally tracks the path of rays of light the way they would behave in real world. Contrary to how this used to be done in graphic cards, via various forms of trickery and faking it.

I am curious without RT on what DLSS can do. If you can do ultra settings will DLSS improve it somehow, or it is useless?

From what I have learned, DLSS can provide a huge buff to framerate in the HIGH stress situations, but ONLY in those situations. When the card is working its ass out and framerate would normally be low, DLSS improves it a lot. Outside of that there isn't much difference to normal methods, so far at least. DLSS is very new tech, to keep in mind. Also DLSS is exclusive to Nvidia currently.

Last edited:
I hope to be able to get some decent RT... I'm curious to see the difference between medium and ultra RT quality.

The difference is jaggies on the edges of RT reflections and refractions. And they're also blurry on the lower settings.
Post automatically merged:

Here's what I'm wondering, I have an intel i7-9700K, a SSD, 32 GB Ram, and an Radeon RX 6800, will I be able to get away with minimum RT at 2160p. I think I can pull off Ultra settings even without the 6800 XT. First time I've built a PC so I'm not sure how I'll do. I'm hoping to get at least high settings with 60 FPS when playing.
The RT used in Cyberpunk 2077 won't be supported by the 6000 series on launch.

Well, duh. Shadows and reflections are ALL that ray-tracing affects. Nothing else. It literally tracks the path of rays of light the way they would behave in real world. Contrary to how this used to be done in graphic cards, via various forms of trickery and faking it.
It's not everything it does. It mainly improve lightining overall ( how shadows are presented - hard, soft etc, how light is emmited - how far glow effect and self illumination goes, reflections), but it also can ( don't know if in CP it will be used) simulate sound distortions based on their location, surroundings etc. Like muffled speach throug glass, echo when shouting.

I reckon that, on my first play-through, I will stick to all Ultra settings, but with no RT. Then, I will set up a second game strictly for playing around with the RT settings.

Get 3DMark and try your rig!

In post #50 i have some scores, an the first score you have to reach then your fine, try it!

EDIT: Fire Strike 8900 Time Spy 3400 around that and your rig is fine.

Greedings

DC9V

Forum veteran
The RT used in Cyberpunk 2077 won't be supported by the 6000 series on launch.
Just to be clear, the RT used in Cyberpunk is DXR and in theory it's supported by the 6000 series on any kind of day.
But the game won't support it for these cards on launch day and options for RT might be greyed out in the game settings.

Ultra

Intel Core i7-4790 + RTX 2080S - Fire Strike 17300 Time Spy 8900
Intel Core i7-4790 + RTX 3070 - Fire Strike 18100 Time Spy 9600
Intel Core i7-4790 + Radeon RX 6800XT - Fire Strike 19200 Time Spy 10400

So I am not sure I am looking at this correctly, But I downloaded and install the free version of 3dMark and ran the Time Spy
and got this score

Time Spy 9865
Graphics score 9 785 CPU score 10 348

Can't run Fire Strike off the free version.

DC9V

Forum veteran
So I am not sure I am looking at this correctly, But I [...] ran the Time Spy and got this score
Time Spy 9865
Graphics score 9 785 CPU score 10 348
Here are my benchmarks:
Ryzen 3700X (OC)
RTX 2070S (OC)
Time Spy: 11005
Port Royal: 6492

PortRoyal_42_6492.png
TimeSpy_43_11005.png

Last edited:

You asked, we deliver!

Below you'll find recommended configurations for 1080p low, 1080p high, 1440p ultra and 4K ultra settings, as well as ray tracing setups!

Recommended settings now include NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Super and AMD Radeon RX 590!

You asked, we deliver!

Below you'll find recommended configurations for 1080p low, 1080p high, 1440p ultra and 4K ultra settings, as well as ray tracing setups!

Recommended settings now include NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Super and AMD Radeon RX 590!
How's the 6800/xt doing in ray tracing?

DC9V

Forum veteran
Get 3DMark and try your rig!
Time Spy score 3400, around that and your rig is fine.
I didn't want to believe when you said that a score of 3400 in Time Spy would be enough, but dang - seems like the devs did an outstanding job on optimising the game. Really impressive how balanced the graphics look in the PS4-trailer (comparable to an RX 470). And that means that we get three times the performance with an overclocked 1080ti / 2070S... Sheesh!

Hello !

I'm really interested to play/buy this game, but i'm not a gamer and i don't want to buy a new Laptop for it!

That's my old/actual Laptop Config: - https://www.cpu-monkey.com/en/compare_cpu-intel_core_i7_8750h-835-vs-intel_core_i7_4790-355
- http://gpuboss.com/gpus/GeForce-GTX-1060-Max-Q-vs-GeForce-GTX-1060

It's ok for me to play in 720p or 1080p at 30fps ( i don't have 4k screen )
I just hope i can have a Medium/High graphics quality texture with it

What do u think
:
Can my Laptop will be able do the job?
Or much better to me to don't buy this game?

Thank You for advice?

Hey! Nobody for me?
Thanks

Get the 3DMark Basis Edition (free) and run Timespy,
get a score and then compare to the scores in Thread #50.

But i think 1080p on high runs easy with your laptop!

So my dad just bought me this pc for an early Christmas gift. I'm not a PC savy individual. So I was wondering if it could run 2077. And if so at what settings. Thanks in advance!
Screenshot_2020-11-27-13-20-57.png

Top Bottom