Non-Lethal Weapons

+
So. I plan on playing while avoiding killing people during my first playthrough. So I'm curious to know if there are any non-lethal weapons. Recalling the scenes where you're being shot out with our head out the window. One would think "shoot out the tires", however that can get them killed. So I'd rather tase or tranq these peeps.
Post automatically merged:

I'm also wondering if there is or if there will be a cyberpunk 2077 app like there was for games like Deus Ex and Fable.

Last edited:
i suppose you can let that scene play out without shooting. i suppose jackie is scripted to drive evasively and loose them eventually. or perhaps there's a way to avoid that altogether

Probably non lethal rounds for your normal guns like stun rounds.

I’m sure there’s special weapons that are non lethal as well

In the second Night City Wire they said that you can make lethal weapons non-lethal by inserting certain chips. So I guess you can make (almost) every weapon non-lethal.

So. I plan on playing while avoiding killing people during my first playthrough. So I'm curious to know if there are any non-lethal weapons. Recalling the scenes where you're being shot out with our head out the window. One would think "shoot out the tires", however that can get them killed. So I'd rather tase or tranq these peeps.
Post automatically merged:

I'm also wondering if there is or if there will be a cyberpunk 2077 app like there was for games like Deus Ex and Fable.

Since Deus Ex offered non-lethal paths (the later chapters had specific achievements for non-lethal complete playthroughs), it will be interesting to see if Cyberpunk 2077 has that as well.

As far as the companion app, what would you want to use it for, something simular to what the Deus Ex titles or did you have a different idea in mind?

Since Deus Ex offered non-lethal paths (the later chapters had specific achievements for non-lethal complete playthroughs), it will be interesting to see if Cyberpunk 2077 has that as well.

As far as the companion app, what would you want to use it for, something simular to what the Deus Ex titles or did you have a different idea in mind?

I have nothing in mind, only that for many games I tend to find out that there's an app long after playing them :p

i remember Deus ex MD had an electric aug that silently knocks out enemy,it would be cool to have something similar

For my first playthrough am starting off nomad. Every day (until I get bored with it) is going to be whacking day. No kill, just whack.

Hopefully I can find an appropriate whacking stick in the badlands that I can whittle a little to look and feel like the actual one I have next to my bed at home (the whacking point has a nifty Mjolnir carving I am extremely proud of).

Whack...whack...WHACK!

Last edited:
I love the non-lethal options being available to me. It's nice to sorta "align" an RPG character with his or her own morals, deciding who should be killed and who shouldn't and being able to prevent killing people you don't think deserve it. I always kept a gun and a taser on me in Deus Ex for that exact reason. I'm looking forward to having that opportunity in Cyberpunk too!

I hope that they are flexible with allowing non lethal takedowns if those have a real impact on how the story unfolds. If it matters if a perp lives or dies, at least give me the ability to pistol-whip him if I did not pack my rubber bullets that day. I also wonder how flexible the ammo system is. If we can just switch ammo types on the fly and keep large amounts of spare mags down our trousers, it is a lot less of an issue.

I hope that they are flexible with allowing non lethal takedowns if those have a real impact on how the story unfolds.
That is something I'm often concerned about. Take Deus Ex Mankind Divided for example. There's a scene where you are supposed to stealthily grab something. Well I knock out soldiers, and am never seen, but when you get back from the mission it's all "what the hell did you do, these people are saying that an augmented went on a rampage" or some such nonsense. A couple of people going unconscious is hardly what i'd call a rampage.

That is something I'm often concerned about. Take Deus Ex Mankind Divided for example. There's a scene where you are supposed to stealthily grab something. Well I knock out soldiers, and am never seen, but when you get back from the mission it's all "what the hell did you do, these people are saying that an augmented went on a rampage" or some such nonsense. A couple of people going unconscious is hardly what i'd call a rampage.
Hah, was that the mission in the bombed police station? I managed that mission without using violence at all, but my girlfriend told me she tazed two cops and got the "rampage" dialogue, so she went back and redid the mission pacifist style. That one was a bit weird, but otherwise I liked the option.

I been thinking about this too. I LOVE doing my none lethal stealthy playthroughs, but there are car chases and stuff in the game that I'm just not sure how I can possibly do without killing people..

This is one area i have big concern over, because if nonlethal means just that every gun in the game magically has "nonlethal" mode then that is a straight-up bad design decision.
What we need is gadgets, weapons, perks and skills that exist solely for that, obviously, i don't mind some guns having nonlethal capabilities, but within reason.
So far they haven't shown enough non-lethal gameplay for me to be convinced it will be a fun option for a playthrough for the average player, but its all leaning more towards that hardcore challenge like Dark Souls no-hit run or something.
I still hope they add bows to the game with multiple kinds of arrows, some lethal and others not in a future DLC or something.

vlcsnap-2020-11-21-21h12m54s824.jpg

From the latest video, it does not look like Blades have a non-lethal option. From a "realism" standpoint, it makes sense. But it seems Katanas and Mantis Blades are out for a non-lethal playthrough.

For me a blunt object like a baton makes more sense to be non-lethal than something with a sharp surface area like a blade, but that simply remains to be seen in terms of how the weapon is exactly used or how exactly it changes the way it works for a non-lethal modification.

Either way, I always wonder how precise people take lethal and non lethal. If you punch someone and knock them out but they are close to the edge, does it count as non-lethal takedown or lethal kill if they die as secondary, if not primary reaction? If you shoot some "stun weapon" at a car during chase and they might be taken out or the vehicle is taken out non-lethally, but they end up dying anyway as consequence, would it technically mean you killed in your attempted non-lethal playthrough?

I'm not so much asking about statistics and how the game tracks this (it should track immediate cause and not secondary) - it's more so a question for those who want to not kill anyone. They have to factor this in as possibility, I suppose. Of course, you can just say "those would be unintended and personally don't count in my book".

It has been said , there is no ammo variety for individual weapons.
But you can knock people out and leave them unconcious or take them out.

As for direct non lethal weapons, grenades maybe tasers ...some EMP. Netrunner abilities that shut off various cybernetics, because you can't intimidate anyone if your spinal column locks up. Since netrunner is more the stealth option would make sense that most of the non lethal are on that side.

It has been said , there is no ammo variety for individual weapons.
But you can knock people out and leave them unconcious or take them out.

As for direct non lethal weapons, grenades maybe tasers ...some EMP. Netrunner abilities that shut off various cybernetics, because you can't intimidate anyone if your spinal column locks up. Since netrunner is more the stealth option would make sense that most of the non lethal are on that side.
I agree. Stealth seems the most viable way for a non-lethal playthrough. Avoiding conflict also helps. Hacking enemies and take them out from behind. Maybe later with non-lethal ammunition there is more flexibility.

So. I plan on playing while avoiding killing people during my first playthrough. So I'm curious to know if there are any non-lethal weapons. Recalling the scenes where you're being shot out with our head out the window. One would think "shoot out the tires",
they have said there will be chips that can be put on weapons as mod that will make them nonlethal

Top Bottom