Night City Wire Special

+
The empty streets are likely a time-of-day issue. CDPR has repeatedly stated that NPC pedestrian/vehicle traffic will vary depending on both area and time of day.
So Watson around 1 PM (00:50) is supposed to have less than ten pedestrians walking around because....why, exactly? And remember, that's 1 PM, not AM. I may have been willing to suspend disbelief and accept that for the low pedestrian density at around 8 PM (02:52) as some sort of curfew or something, but mid-afternoon is pushing it.

Nah, in this case, it's got nothing to do with time of day...this is all about the limitations of the console.

So Watson around 1 PM (00:50) is supposed to have less than ten pedestrians walking around because....why, exactly? And remember, that's 1 PM, not AM. I may have been willing to suspend disbelief and accept that for the low pedestrian density at around 8 PM (02:52) as some sort of curfew or something, but mid-afternoon is pushing it.

Nah, in this case, it's got nothing to do with time of day...this is all about the limitations of the console.
I live in Chicago... I can go downtown in a middle of the day, and still find plenty of streets that look completely deserted. Where did this notion about 1000s of pedestrians roaming the streets all the time come from anyway?

In fact, I snapped this shot in the middle of the day... and not a soul in sight (pic taken last year, before the end of the world isolation):

nobody.JPG

I can also make an argument about people being at work in the middle of the day, ergo.. less people on the streets.

Uhm, does anyone find it weird that people are commenting on "plastic looking" people in a game where just about EVERYONE has some sort of cybernetic augmentation?

If they're referring to some of the Mox characters, they probably missed that it is intended and part of how those characters have augmented themselves. I imagine that sort of thing will be less confusing in the actual game, and that players new to the setting will get plenty of exposition in dialogue or lore tidbits to dive into in the form of codex entries or something similar.
Post automatically merged:

I live in Chicago... I can go downtown in a middle of the day, and still find plenty of streets that look completely deserted. Where did this notion about 1000s of pedestrians roaming the streets all the time come from anyway?

This.

I wonder if some of those gripes are coming from people who live in more rural or suburban settings, and imagine that cities are much more busy than they actually are.

Some sections of Night City should be much less busy than others, even in the city center, and time of day and weather should affect crowd density as well. The bits where V is walking around looked great to me as far as crowd density goes, even in the Xbox footage, and I don't understand the complaint that there wasn't enough street traffic. Considering it was night time in a seedy red light district, I'd say it was plenty crowded.

The only section where it seemed there weren't enough NPCs was when V was wandering through that bar/brothel named Clouds. IIRC we only saw one other person at the bar. Compared to say The Passiflora from The Witcher 3 it did seem to be rather dead, but then we really shouldn't jump to conclusions just based on a small gameplay snippet...in the actual game there might be justification for there not being people there.

Last edited:
I don't expect large crowds in every space of the city.
We saw different parts of the city and at different hours, always with fewer people around than you would expect for a metropolis. It is obviously a problem of insufficient console computational power, but still very unrealistic.

we really shouldn't jump to conclusions just based on a small gameplay snippet...in the actual game there might be justification for there not being people there.

Yep, like some lunatic with another lunatic in their head going on a shooting spree and repainting the next three or four buidings.

Hello to all types of bodies! I want to ask when to wait for the next yellow letter of apology and the date of the transfer of the game. Where is my favorite part of this project)? Where is the transfer and the new date?

2dacosmicegg If I was joking, I would ask: should I take a vacation in December 10. True, the developers have already joked about this topic, answering: full confirmation

Oh man! Are specific instances of less dense crowds going to become this game's version of "Novigrad-wall-o-downgrade," or "Velen village campfires aren't smoking in this gameplay"? Yay!

WOW I was just thinking that reading this thread! great minds I guess lol. :ohstopit:

We saw different parts of the city and at different hours, always with fewer people around than you would expect for a metropolis. It is obviously a problem of insufficient console computational power, but still very unrealistic.

I gotta ask, have you ever walked around an actual city? Anyone who has wouldnt call the last picture out for not having enough people around. Aside from heavy foot traffic areas like places with shops, crowds or large numbers of people arent going to be seen.

You called out the last picture you linked as "lockdown edition" but think about it- where is the picture taken? Its just some random street corner. Why would any more people be there?

I gotta ask, have you ever walked around an actual city? Anyone who has wouldnt call the last picture out for not having enough people around. Aside from heavy foot traffic areas like places with shops, crowds or large numbers of people arent going to be seen.

You called out the last picture you linked as "lockdown edition" but think about it- where is the picture taken? Its just some random street corner. Why would any more people be there?
If you want to believe that there will be more NPCs (and cars) around on consoles (except maybe for PS5/Series X future patched releases) than those seen in that video take a seat, I've no problem. We'll see when the game comes out.

If you want to believe that there will be more NPCs (and cars) around on consoles (except maybe for PS5/Series X future patched releases) than those seen in that video take a seat, I've no problem. We'll see when the game comes out.

Re-read my comment. Thats not what I said. I dont think there will be any more - because I dont think there *should* be.

Re-read my comment. Thats not what I said. I dont think there will be any more - because I dont think there *should* be.
There are (very) few NPCs to be seen anywhere, not just "around the corner". Is this your idea of an overcrowded and bustling cyberpunk metropolis?

There are (very) few NPCs to be seen anywhere, not just "around the corner". Is this your idea of an overcrowded and bustling cyberpunk metropolis?

I specificly pointed out that corner because you refered to it as "cyberpunk lockdown edition" because, I assume you dont think its crowded enough - if you want to talk about another specific spot that you dont think had enough of a crowd then you can point it out - because yes from the video that ss is from - I didnt see anything wrong.

This brings me back to the question - Have you ever actually been in a city before? Why would crowds of people be gathered around these areas? What would they be there for?

Top Bottom