[PC] Will Cyberpunk 2077 Have Native Support for the PS5-DualSense-Controller?

+
I just bought one of the new PS5 controllers but it doesn't seem to work in titles that have native DS4 support.

It depends on where you buy it as well as when it launches. Steam just added Dualsense support, and they're adding haptic feedback and adaptive trigger support in a later update. So I assume Cyberpunk will support the controller.

I bought the game on GOG. I don't have good experience with Steam Controller Configuration...

Last edited:
I doubt it will until the official next gen version is released next year. On Dec 10, all copies will be current gen but just playable on next gen as I understand it.

I really hope the PC edition will have support for PS5 dual sense, I plan on buying one of those controllers just for PC even though I hardly even use my ps4 lol, but I mainly want it for this game!!

It depends on where you buy it as well as when it launches. Steam just added Dualsense support, and they're adding haptic feedback and adaptive trigger support in a later update. So I assume Cyberpunk will support the controller.
I've switched to Steam beta and it seems like the Play Station Configuration Support via Big Picture Mode is not required any longer. I Just played some Rocket League and it works quite well. Controller-vibration is a bit buggy.

I really hope The Witcher 3 Complete edition has the DualSense controller native support!
Not that I can't make it work trough Steam, it's just a much better experience having it natively supported :)
So please CDPR, make TW3 complete (so sad it didn't arrive before Cyberpunk so we can gap the time to release with it in full RTX on our RTX 3080 GPUs that we have in abundance right now) have native DualSense support on PC, that would be great!! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
The lack of info is kinda depressing. Will the PS5 version support full dual sense features? Its a YES/NO or Yes later update, question. But CDPR is tightlipped af. I need to know which console to buy for CP77.

it will depend what version your playing im sure the nativ support wont come about really not until the ps5 version is released

The lack of info is kinda depressing. Will the PS5 version support full dual sense features? Its a YES/NO or Yes later update, question. But CDPR is tightlipped af. I need to know which console to buy for CP77.
Stadia>all IMO. at least for CP2077. U can, i repeat CAN, not 100% sure, get a chromecast and a stadia pad to for 59$ (wich is the game cost). If u're not going to play it on pc, for my thoughts, the order is:
PC>Stadia>XB>PS at least, i repeat, for CP. I highly doubt that CP will have dual sense support, since this game is, yes stunning, but a cross gen game.
Then, if CDPR will say different well... better for us :O

ps. GL finding a ps5 right now

Stadia>all IMO. at least for CP2077. U can, i repeat CAN, not 100% sure, get a chromecast and a stadia pad to for 59$ (wich is the game cost). If u're not going to play it on pc, for my thoughts, the order is:
PC>Stadia>XB>PS at least, i repeat, for CP. I highly doubt that CP will have dual sense support, since this game is, yes stunning, but a cross gen game.
Then, if CDPR will say different well... better for us :O

ps. GL finding a ps5 right now

You don't need to find a PS5, I just got the controller cause I'm a PC gamer anyway, however I like to play a lot of stuff with a controller and so far the DS4 and DualSense are the best controller fit for me. The Xbox 360/XB1 controller is definetly not my fit, has a different grip and palm position :)

DualSense are actually doing quite well in terms of stock compared to PS5s :D

Game streaming *can* be done right and a very good thing if it is.

Thats a big if though. Big tech companies have a knack for fucking things like this up.

At least, even if it is a massive failure they will not give up on it, the revenue possiblities are to big. So they will keep trying until it catches on.

Update:
The DualSense does work with Steam Beta in Rocket League, but it doesn't work in the Witcher 3, although the DualShock4 has been working just fine.

Honestly I don't care about the haptic feedback. The triggers don't feel loose without those features. I just want it to work without any added input lag and with an accurate stick range... :D

In this video I'm trying out some flip-cancels in Rocket League on Steam, using the DualSense Controller

The DualSense still isn't working for Cyberpunk and Gwent on GOG.
I've contacted the support because the store sides for each game is claiming "Controller Support".

*Update*
GOG support said:
GOG GALAXY does not support PS5 controllers. Additionally, currently there are no official Windows drivers for DualSense.
We suggest here to try using DS4Windows which also offers support for DualSense.

GitHub Ryochan7 / DS4 Windows
Download Version 2.2.1

Seems like there's no other way than using emulating software, unfortunately.
Here are my settings after some rough testing:

DS4windows

cyberpunk2077.exe Screenshot 2021.01.07 - 14.43.37.44.png

I highly recommend to map L3 (left stick button) to one of the other buttons or bumpers on the controller. It's really exhausting to press down the stick while moving and it's not healthy for the stick's deadzone.

stick range (same for RS)
DS4windows max input range.png

Screenshot 2021-01-07 171156.png

Ingame Controller Settings
(the second Turning Delay which can't be seen on this picture is set to zero, too.)
cyberpunk2077.exe Screenshot 2021.01.07 - 14.30.12.04.png

Some things I've noticed:
Sometimes the ingame settings won't save correctly when leaving the settings menu. After you made your adjustments, go back into the game, then go back to the control settings without changing anything and then go back into the game again.

I also noticed that the Ramp-up Time has influence on the sensitivity. I think Turning Bonus of 1.5 and Ramp-up Time of 0.5 is a good starting point.

The game ads a pretty drastic deadzone (feels like 0.10 to me) when emulating an Xbox 360 controller, even when the ingame deadzone and the DS4windows deadzone is set to zero (0.00).

The Input lag didn't feel great when compared to keyboard and mouse, so I've overclock the polling rate of the DualSense to 1000Hz with this Russian overclocking software for USB mice. I didn't measure the latency yet, but so far it feels better and it didn't damage the controller.

Greetings

Last edited:
Top Bottom