Theory Crafting: "Alt Cunningham" role to main story & GRIMES music video "4AM"

+
GREETINGS CHOOMBAS!

Now that we have a direct 3D model look of Alt Cunningham in this game, maybe it's a good time to speculate Alt Cunningham role in this game. First, let's take a look at the most recent "Cyberpunk 2077 — Official Trailer — Johnny Silverhand" & Grimes's music video "Grimes – 4ÆM"

(start at 0:14 to see Alt Cunningham)

As you can see, the hairstyle & face shape pretty much confirmed that the woman who was "ritual dancing" in Grimes MV is clearly alt Cunningham. Is there something more to this MV that its appear to be???

Here's my theory (possible spoilers??):
+ What if the whole "biochip heist" mission real client is in fact Alt Cunningham, she is the one who requested this mission to further her own plan.
+ The 6 W of investigation:

- What. what is the grand plan. So far I couldn't come up with a clear answer, but I like to believe it's something to do with the net itself a lot more than "Soulkiller." the net, the deep net, "beyond the blackwall" ...
- Why. why the biochip. If Alt Cunningham truly the client, it is far more likely that she choose this biochip in particular because of Johnny Silverhand himself. Alt very much knew about Johnny. She knew how capable he is both in charisma, intelligence, & skills itself. She knew how determined he is when it comes to his loved ones AKA Alt Cunningham herself. So it make sense that Johnny Silverhand is the perfect helper to her grand plan while she is being hidden in the deep net. Of course with the biochip pretty much trapped inside V's head, things didn't go as planned ...
- Who. Who's the key players. Well, aside from Alt Cunningham & Johnny Silverhand, it's pretty clear most of Arasaka family characters will be involved in it alongside Adam Smasher, Takemura, & Oda. There could be a number of other key players like Rogue, Kerry Eurodyne, & some other old characters that not yet confirmed. There are also rival companies like Militech that I would bet will heavily involved with the election in the game.
- When. As in the year of 2077 itself. I would bet something big happened in the deep net in 2077. Something that might forced Alt Cunningham (as human AI?) to made a desperate measure by contacting the real world itself. This is also why V & Johnny opted to venture the deep net with the help of Vodoo Boys back in the deep dive video trailer. It would be interesting to see if V go on her way & help netwatch itself. what would Johnny's gonna do about it ...
- Where. Where the final plan gonna happen. Based off of Grimes's MV, I would bet Arasaka tower is the target & pretty much the whole city center will be main stage of the plan.
- How. How's the plan gonna work. Based on Grimes's MV I think the plan work via direct connection of Arasaka main server to the deep net, making basically almost the whole net in Night City being effected with it.
+ So, basically my point is Alt Cunningham is the most important character in this game & the bits of of her plan might be already revealed in plain sight by CDPR via Grimes's MV "4ÆM" (title itself could also be the time of this event??).

Analyzing Grimes's MV:
+ the video started with the scene in the dark, likely about the deep net itself, neurons of networks are connecting with each other until a blue spark happened & spreading throughout the deep net into some kind of organized main framework ... What is this blue spark could be?? a virus?? or something else entirely??
+ the next scenes (0:33), we get a glimpse of earth in 2077, zooming in to Night city. It continues with a blue comet (0:46) falling down to the Arasaka tower, located in corpo plaza, city center district. What's the significance of the blue comet? IRL Comet itself have a big impacts in shaping the life on earth. In the past, comet is being considered as the sign & act of god, a sign of impending doom, a catastrophe, a bad omens. Pretty much a lot of negative looks & myths about comets in ancient time.
+ (0:50) the blue comet fall directly into Arasaka tower & the blue spark started again, spreading its influences in every fabric of network in Arasaka tower. (1:14) It spread further & further to beyond Arasaka tower, spreading to the corpo plaza (1:22) & fade to black ...
+ (1:25) the blue networks continue spreading throughout the city center, even spreading to the people in it ...
+ Quick scenes of (1:39) a model of Saburo Arasaka, (1:40) Arasaka soldier, (1:41) Hanako Arasaka?? & (1:42) booster gang member being infected by the blue spark networks. This means everyone from the bottom to the top of the food chain will be infected. Not even the god-like figure like Saburo Arasaka) in this world can avoid this? How ... How strong can this blue spark be??
+ (1:48) from the scape of blue networks, something being summoned. someone ... (1:55) It's a woman in blue, Alt Cunningham herself. Does this mean Alt Cunningham is the blue spark, or she is just a glimpse for what's to come??
+ (1:56) The next scenes pretty much showed Alt Cunningham is dancing, like some kind of ritual dance, a celebration of the spread of the blue networks throughout the city center.
+ (2:21) Then something happen ... the blue networks suddenly disintegrated itself into a blue dusts, then even Alt Cunningham herself (2:25) ... Did she disappeared fully then??
+ (2:26) the blue dusts began to go airbone to everywhere. (2:50) Now we see the scene of the possibility of this blue dusts spreading & effecting the whole Night City via airbone transmissions, looming over it ...

Analyzing Grimes 4ÆM lyrics:
+ Before we continue, it's pretty much confirmed that Grimes is the VA of Lizzy Wizzy in which her character could possibly just another corpo media spreading corpo propaganda. before her full chrome looks, she committed suicide while on stage & revived hour later by a Trauma Team group who replaced her entire body with cyberwares. She then finished the concert in her new body. This led to the performance being considered one of the greatest forms of art. Is Lizzy Wizzy even herself at that point. It's no secret that celebrities often being controlled & manipulated by bigger/upper echelon of the elites, just like what happened iRL ...
+ Now here comes the lyrics of the song itself:

[Intro]
Ooh
Aphrodite
I wrote your constellation
Into the sky, sky
Sun's at night
+ Meanings:
- Aphrodite: greek goddess of love, beauty, pleasure, passion and procreation. is this describing Alt Cunningham??
- I wrote your constellation: if it is, Alt Cunningham is a genius netrunner & programmer. her most prized achievement was when she wrote the "Soulkiller" program. Is the blue spark the evolution of soulkiller from all this years??
- Into the sky, sky. Sun's at night: the blue spark program was already got send somehow in the sky (satellite)?

[Chorus]
I'm out late at 4 AM
He says, "How's the weather, baby? How you've been?"
You're gonna get sick, you don't know when
They never doubt it at 4 AM
I'm out late at 4 AM
+ Meanings:
- I'm out late at 4 AM: An event will happen in 4 AM?
- He says, "How's the weather, baby? How you've been?": Is this a depiction of greetings & conversation by Johnny Silverhand??
- You're gonna get sick, you don't know when: Is this a warning by Alt Cunningham?
- They never doubt it at 4 AM: Who's they? Someone else predicted this event or "they" are both Alt & Johnny instead.

[Refrain]
4 AM, 4 AM
Falling down again
I don't know when
+ Meanings:
- 4 AM, 4 AM. Falling down again: Someting will fall at 4 AM (the blue spark?).
- I don't know when: A bit of a confusion contradictory statement if this is from Alt Cunningham herself. Maybe this event is out of her control or someone else planned it? Another persona? SPLIT PERSONALITY within AI??

[Bridge]
Aphrodite
I wrote your constellation
Into the sky, sky
Sun's at night

[Chorus]
I'm out late at 4 AM
I'm out late at 4 AM
He says, "How's the weather, baby? How've you been?"

[Refrain]
Na-na-na, na-na-na, na-na-na, na-na-na, ah
Na-na-na, na-na-na, na-na-na, na-na-na, ah
4 AM, 4 AM
Falling down again

[Chorus]
I'm out late at 4 AM (4 AM)
He says, "How's the weather, baby? How you've been?" (How you've been?)
They never doubt it at 4 AM (Doubt it, 4 AM)
I'm out late at 4 AM (Doubt it)
He says, "How's the weather, baby? How you've been?" (How you've been?)
You're gonna get sick (Falling down again), you don't know when
They never doubt it at 4 AM (4 AM)

[Outro]
4 AM, 4 AM, 4 AM, 4 AM
4 AM, 4 AM, 4 AM, 4 AM
4 AM, 4 AM, falling down again
4 AM, 4 AM, falling down again
I'm out late at 4 AM
4 AM, 4 AM, out late at 4 AM
I'm out late at 4 AM
4 AM, 4 AM, 4 AM
I'm out late at 4 AM, oh, oh
Falling down again
Falling down again
Oh

+ In conlusion: the song lyrics seems to be depict Alt Cunningham herself giving warning to everyone, including Johnny & possibly herself, as she keep repeating "4 AM" & "falling down again" like she was struggling thoughout the scenes (the dancing scenes).

Theory CONCLUSION:
+ In the end, I have a feelings that Grimes's MV & song could have mean something to the bigger plot within the main story of Cyberpunk 2077. So far, there is no denying that the deep net is still the most mysterious thing about the game & CDPR totally gona keep it that way until release.
+ I would love the feedback on this. some criticisms & maybe even proposing another theories on your own.

GOOD DAY CHOOMBAS!

I'm thinking Alt is the reason Johnny's on that chip in stead of someone Arasaka cares about. She's probably trying to revive him so they can be together, but whether that's going to be IRL, on the deep net or both remains to be seen.

Nice work!

However Alt was (is?) a hacker not a musician. No indication she had a thing to do with Samauri, not even tech support.
Yes, she is a master netrunner & programmer. I think you mistook her with Grimes own character Lizzy Wizzy, which is an in-game famous celebrity/idol/singer in CP2077, just like Kerry Eurodyne. I do have an alternative (somewhat weak) theory that kinda a bit meta with how Lizzy Wizzy might have a connection with Alt Cunningham.

On the contrary, she had everything to do with Samurai as she is an ex lover of Johnny Silverhand & she did support him back when the Samurai band still active (as you can even see in the latest Johnny Silverhand trailer).
Post automatically merged:

I'm thinking Alt is the reason Johnny's on that chip in stead of someone Arasaka cares about. She's probably trying to revive him so they can be together, but whether that's going to be IRL, on the deep net or both remains to be seen.

It's very possible & maybe something like a scenario where Saburo Arasaka basically taking Johnny's "ghost" as hostage to lure Alt Cunninham. The flashback scenes seems aims to reveal everything that happened in Fourth Corporate War & Arasaka Tower Riot back in 2023.
Post automatically merged:

It makes sense... I thought she replaced Lady Gaga? That famous Singer.

You mean the rumor of Alt Cunningham voiced by Lady Gaga?? Judging by today's info, the Lady Gaga thing is a pretty much a fake rumor at this point.

Last edited:
Top Bottom