Is the PS4 version censored compared to others, or was there just a censorship option activated?

+
Just saw that:

PC:
1606294854-image.jpg

PS4:
1606294837-image.jpg

Compare the posters in the middle.

Maybe they changed that poster in all versions, and the PC footage is older than what we saw yesterday. That's just my guess. We'll see.

Just speculating, but a censorship menu option would be in line with their streamer friendly approach, along the same lines as the option to turn off copyrighted music
edit: nevermind didn't read OP properly

Last edited:
I can see that there's something missing in the poster but I can't tell what it is. Zooming in on my pc just makes it blurry.

What is interesting is that on the PS4 version the print on the cart is clear and can be read while the PC version I can barely see the writing. Cart wheels look different as well.

Last edited:
I can see that there's something missing in the poster but I can't tell what it is. Zooming in on my pc just makes it blurry.

What is interesting is that on the PS4 version the print on the cart is clear and can be read while the PC version I can barely see the writing. Cart wheels look different as well.

The top pic has a demon doing it doggie style and the bottom removed the girl .

The PC footage is from an older build of the game shown a while ago. The lighting also seems somewhat different. We can see they've made numerous enhancements since that PC build - an example being the engine of the car.

Possibly removed on all versions because of the sensitive religious iconography. I mean that is satan or a devil doing a semi naked catholic nun. Most censor boards would outright ban that if spotted.

I hope not, as they said the game wasn't being censored.
Games have to conform to various national standards, that vary from nation to nation

An example is the level of graphic violence acceptable in the USA is unacceptable in some European nations, whereas the amount of nudity acceptable in some European nations is unacceptable in the USA.

If your game doesn't meet the national ratings boards standards you cannot sell it "as is" in the nation.

So, YES, there will be instances of censorship in CP2077.
If you don't like it complain to your national government not CDPR.

HAHAHA why am I not surprised about this with Sony ... when you see past censorship ... we are fed up with benevolent worlds, drug sex for money, pure depravity, that is what's good, fucking censorship. Honestly, baby games are fed up ... this is also what CDPR puts its finger on a big thank you to them for that. You will always have my support against these censorship.

Is there an official answer here? Is the PS4 version being censored? This would make me cancel my game to be honest. CD Projekt Red seemed to always have creative freedom, but this would potentially indicate a change from that.

I saw new Neogaf posts. Damn, they censored female genital nudity in the new big patch. What have they done?

Keive

Forum regular
Is there actually nudity censorship? It doesn't personally matter to me but I don't really care for cut content or censorship in general :/

There is a option to censor nudity, i saw videos on youtube where no censorship was visible, you could see genitals etc...But someone here said the patch might have censored, which i would find very weird.

Top Bottom