Poland street underground

+
Poland street underground

POLAND STREET UNDERGROUND Event: Poland Street UndergroundDate: Saturday, October 13, 2007Time: 13.00-18.00Venue: Vinyl Factory Gallery, Phonica, 51 Poland Street, London, W1F 7RJAdmission: Free To celebrate its arrival in Poland Street, the Polish Cultural Institute in London presents the first ever instalment of Poland Street Underground - an eclectic and surprising look at Poland’s creative industries. This free event offers a unique chance to experience cutting edge art, music, animation, literature, video games, design and fashion. Adding to the Poland Street cultural experience, the hip bar, Polka, will offer Underground-goers food from their contemporary menu at a special 25% discount. The programme includes: Tomek Baginski’s Oscar nominated and BAFTA award winning 3D animated films as well as his latest film created for Atari’s hotly anticipated videogame, The Witcher, developed over 5 years by CD Projekt in Poland. The game is based on Andrzej Sapkowski’s hit novel, The Last Wish (now available in English), whose hero, Geralt, lives in a complex fantasy word where not all monsters are evil, and beauty can be deceitful. Award winning furniture designer Tomek Rygalik’s will present XILY Virus, which will encourage the public to create and interact with the space. Spatial designer Gosha Black’s unique vision for an event space, featuring digital projections, state-of-the-art lighting installations – space used as a 3D canvas. Londoners will witness neon art by Ilona Karwinska, projections by Izabella Kay, Janek Simon’s interactive rug, Carpet Invaders, a live mural by Iwona Zajac, and hot Polish fashion designer Magdalena Glowacka’s Helvetica collection. Throughout the day, some of Poland’s best DJ’s will spin their tunes: Marcin Czubala (Mobilee), Jacek Sienkiewicz (Cocoon) and DJ’s Sssixa, Gigi and Subtone. For fans of non-electronic sounds, the eccentric Aleks and the Drummer, Poise Rite and The Firm will play on stage. The Poland St. Undeground is organized by the Polish Cultural Institute in conjunction with Atari, CD Projekt, Victor Gollancz, and Polka (58-59 Poland Street).----CONTACT: Polish Cultural Institute:Jörg Tittel0207 440 024207765109387jorg@polishculture.org.ukAtari Uk Ltd:Roxana EtemadRoxana.etemad@atari.com020 8222 974907956107848Victor Gollancz:Jonathan Weirjonathan.weir@orionbooks.co.uk0207 520 4314 CD Projekt:Lukasz Machlukasz@thewitcher.com+48 (22) 5196943

Nice and exciting schedule, especially "which will encourage the public to create and interact with the space" ;D I'm pleased that it just launch on my birthday
Unluckily I'm busy on that day but I keep my fingers crossed that this event is a good promotion for The Witcher.

Top Bottom