BioWare recommends “The Witcher”!

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
BioWare recommends “The Witcher”!

The creators and the developers of the Aurora engine, as well as some of the most notable titles in RPG history - “Jade Empire”, “Baldur’s Gate” and “Neverwinter Nights” just to name a few – recommend “The Witcher” currently heading towards completion in October by the Polish studio CD Project RED. Hyperlinks to a quick introductory webpage can be found on www.bioware.com and BioWare’s forums. The webpage’s address itself is www.thewitcher.com/bioware/. Several thousand internet surfers have visited the page already! If you subscribe to BioWare’s newsletter, you’ll also have a chance to read about the page and our game!

This is a powerful endorsement, and the "Powered by BioWare Aurora Engine" logo on the box helps too.

good promotion ;) and the bioware users seem to be interested
Yes, this looks very nice. Especially when Bioware's developers say that it is the best combat rpg they have seen.That is the best treatment of combat.

I use to belong Bioware forum there and it buzzing about TW wich is veary good thing word of mouth moves fast there when it comes to gaming ;)

YarpenZirgin said:
YarpenZirgin said:
Yep, I just got the newsletter: it says they "Highly" recommend it. ;D Congrats!
can you paste it here? I mean the witcher part?
Here you go, and you can see the whole thing here: http://www.bioware.com/bioware_info/news/2007-09-18_newsletter242/BioWare Highly Recommends The Witcher Yes we certainly do. The folks over at CD Projekt have crafted an epic tale of monster hunter extraordinaire Geralt in a world without mercy using a completely revamped and unrecognisable Neverwinter Nights Aurora engine.Discuss in our forums.Check out the official website.

i can't remember the last good BioWare Adventure ..... Jade Empire sucked big time.cliche story and bad combat.BaldursGate/KOTOR, that's all the track record they have with me and those games are old.Like Irrational(2k boston/aus) with BioShock, yeah, it's good but nothing new and in no way thatgroundbreaking or innovative than advertised and written in totally overhyped 9-10/10 reviews.(even has the exact same story as SS2). I mean if HALO3 can get above 8 points for being as kiddie shitty as ever, what good are reviews and scores then....nothing, I say.but from a business standpoint Bioware's opinion counts and therefore I appreciate the free promo for TheWitcher !

mothra said:
i can't remember the last good BioWare Adventure ..... Jade Empire sucked big time.cliche story and bad combat.
Well, that's your opinion, because I liked both the story (even if you could see the plot twists coming waaay ahead - in baldur's gate2 you could also see them coming) and the combat. And BioWare is definietely a brand of great importance in the RPG industy, so it's good news for CDProjekt, even if Bioware only recommends The Witcher because Atari payed them to :)

dzizass said:
[ ... ] even if Bioware only recommends The Witcher because Atari payed them to :)
lol...this is very naughty ;DBut maybe the recommand TW because the games uses their engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom