Is Johnny Silverhand gonna be in my mind 24/7?

+
Yes, it will: Don't you know that in Cyberpunk you can remove ALL your cyberware (including brainchips) and replace it with natural body parts again, considering you have the money? And that the money for that is way under the price of one of the supercars we saw and are supposed to be able to buy?

Except silverhand is intergrated into your brain - your biological brain. The chip was bioware. If it was that easy to get rid of him the game probably wouldnt have a plot. Youd just go to the nearest ripperdoc and have him uninstalled.

Also, I know the original thing was a joke, but I feel like bringing it up since its relevant - You cant actually go cyberware free in the game.
Post automatically merged:

You know johnny isnt stuck in your head because you cant remove the chip, The chip malfunctions and you take it out.

You know johnny isnt stuck in your head because you cant remove the chip, The chip malfunctions and you take it out.

Yup, but V has an augmented brain (reason why for example V can be hacked too), so the "Johnny Silverhand virus" is implanted into that.
But technically, lorewise at least, you can also remove those kind of modifications too to become 100% meatbag again.

I thing we're more in an example of the general rule:"One more liberty for the writer is one less liberty for the player".

Yup, but V has an augmented brain (reason why for example V can be hacked too), so the "Johnny Silverhand virus" is implanted into that.
But technically, lorewise at least, you can also remove those kind of modifications too to become 100% meatbag again.

I thing we're more in an example of the general rule:"One more liberty for the writer is one less liberty for the player".
Yeah because if I were in your head and had the ability to take control of your body I would definitely allow you to try and get surgery to have me removed.

I kind of hope there is a path where the conclusion is swapping. One of my character ideas is a full on transhumanist to the point they would do anything to become a digital being, Johnny can have the old meat sack.

As cool as Johnny Silverhand and Keanu Reeves are, I won't like it if he's in my mind 24/7, all the time, without any control from me.

Don't worry, just take breaks away from Cyberpunk 2077 to play other games, and he'll leave your mind eventually. At worst, you can control it with some lubricant and tissues.

After a while the novelty will wear off and you just have to worry Benedict Cumberbatch won't lend his likeness to characters in videogames.

I get the idea a growing complaint after the game releases will be that a little Keanu goes a long way, and this game has a hell of a lot more of him than "a little" of him...Silverhand Fatigue could very well be the new pandemic of 2021 if he works some player's last nerve like I'm starting to worry he might.

I think we are going to go with the general rule - If it was that easy to remove the main narrative device from the game, the game wouldnt work.

Im going to go out on a limb here - and say that he is just in your meat bag brain because it was a biochip and so thats why it isnt easy to get him out.

Minus Johnny can't, unless probably one of the many ending of the game.
A quote from the trailer, “If I gotta kill I’ll kill, if I need your body I’ll fucking take it!” Don’t think that dude is into empty threats. I know gameplay wise he probably can’t take control but story wise he definitely can if only for a short time at first.

I think I'll try to make friends with him and see how this will help me get along with Alt and Rogue, maybe even other characters that he knows.
Maybe he can help to get along more easy with Yorinobu Arasaka.

Yeah i somehow doubt it'll be as intrusive as people may be thinking, remember Keanu said that he did dialogue takes over 3 different personality-types for the branching responses and character interactions; meaning that- if you respond to Johnny with a nicer/positive attitude, he'll probably react in kind; or at least i hope he does.

But if we respond to his questions or conversations like a dick, he's probably going to treat us like a dick. But i really don't know how all that will play into open world/random questing and activities. I keep thinking the most he'd do is just make snarky comments periodically or something.

But narratively speaking, Silverhand has his own personal agenda, i honestly don't see him doing any sort of major intervention or being disruptive unless it's something that suits his needs, but this is me speculating based on the information we've received so far about his role as co-protagonist.

Yeah i somehow doubt it'll be as intrusive as people may be thinking, remember Keanu said that he did dialogue takes over 3 different personality-types for the branching responses and character interactions; meaning that- if you respond to Johnny with a nicer/positive attitude, he'll probably react in kind; or at least i hope he does.

He's in your head all the time, that's enough for a murder as you cannot live like this that way, it's even worse than being trapped in a real-TV show.

But if we respond to his questions or conversations like a dick, he's probably going to treat us like a dick. But i really don't know how all that will play into open world/random questing and activities. I keep thinking the most he'd do is just make snarky comments periodically or something.

But narratively speaking, Silverhand has his own personal agenda, i honestly don't see him doing any sort of major intervention or being disruptive unless it's something that suits his needs, but this is me speculating based on the information we've received so far about his role as co-protagonist.

In other words, CyberYennefer. Be an ass, say something stupid or waste time and you're gonna conjure up the bitchy side. Stay on point, exclusively explore dialogue options involving astute observations and cower before the mighty dominatrix, ball gag, stuffed unicorn and all, and you'll get the good side.

Top Bottom